All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Update of Webmaster
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:15 pm 
Junior

Richard is still in the hospital and I have learned absolutely nothing in the two days he has been there I just know that something is going on with his brain because he is constantly confused and doesn't know where he is or is even abusive to some of the staff. I'm waiting to hopefully hear something later today when he has another MRI to focus more closely on a certain area of the brain.

Richard did call me this morning, finally, on his cell phone, that he swore yesterday someone had stolen it. But again listening to him talk was NOT my husband at all. He talked about getting on a plane and flying to Maine, but he wouldn't elaborate because he kept saying it was to complicated!. I did talk to the nurse afterwards and all she could tell me was that he is still very confused and the doctors haven't even contacted me yet. I have NO idea what is going on with my husband. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( I say all this with tears running down my face.

I'll try and keep everyone up to date with his progress. At this rate I don't think Richard is ever coming home again but maybe a nursing home which we CANNOT afford at all!

Please keep Richard and me in your thoughts and prayers!!! Please!!!!

Tha nk you all for your kind words and prayers!!!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take...
But by the moments that take your breath away..... Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Update of Webmaster
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:11 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Honey, this is terrible!! I hope the situation gets better for both of you. I cannot even imagine what you are going thru. Just know many people are praying for your Richard. Sending love and hugs.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:17 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Karen, please call and ask to speak to the doctor that's treating Richard. Or the nurse in charge on the floor where he is. Or even call his primary care physician. And then ask if they have tested Richard for a septic infection. We just recently dealt with this with both of our Mom's. It's a very serious infection that causes, among things, confusion, and at times, the patient can become combative so that symptom that Richard has caught my attention. In both cases with our Moms, it took a few days for the doctors to figure out why they were so sick.

Again, best wishes, and please keep us posted.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:44 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

hoping they can find something soon, hugs karen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:40 pm 
Junior

Another update on Richard:

Still, no word from the doctor. I keep calling the nurses station several times a day but no one has any answers yet. The last time I called the hospital I was told they were waiting for the doctor to read the results of the latest MRI this afternoon and that was about 1 hour ago. Still, no answers. Richard is getting hard to control now according to the nurses. He doesn't understand why he's in the hospital, keeps trying to escape and when i tell the nurses to give him something to calm him down, all I get is "that's up to doctor" who seems to have mysterily can't be found in the hospital. When I talked to Richard briefly today I didn't even believe it was me, his wife, who he was talking to. I'm all alone here in Florida with no family around to be here to support me. They're all still up in NH. Out of 3 daughters that I have, only one is my support. The other two don't want anything to do with me. And as far as Richard's three daughters, they're all idiots. They pay no respect to their father at all. Not one of his daughters ever calls him on holidays, birthdays or even just to chat. And now they expect ME to give them authorization to talk to their father. Well I put a stop to that. Not one of his daughters has access to their father and that's the way it will stay. I have no friends here in Florida. I'm all alone. I hate this state with a passion!!!! It's been so difficult to get anything done properly, and everyone drives like they're all driving in the Daytona 500. No one uses blinkas, races back and forth between lanes, no one cares about wearing a mask. They all think they're immune to this horrific virus we're all dealing with. Right now Florida is getting approximately 10,000 to 15,000 new cases of Covid 19 and nobody cares. They all think the're immune to this virus. There's signs everywhere to wear masks but people still ignore them and do what they want to do.

Now that I'm finished bitching about the world, I'm hoping for an answer from the hospital sometime later today. Otherwise who knows what will happen to Richard in the hospital over the weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:40 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Hoping by now Karen you have heard from Richards doctors.
I hear your fustration, as we would all feel the same if in your position, please try to keep calm, keep paper and pen handy write everything down when you do hear from hospital.
Prayers for answers and healing, sending love and hugs..........

Ardell~

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:54 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

OMG Karen, I feel so bad with what you are experiencing and happy that you have a place to vent. Any time of the day, there is usually someone logged on, please keep contact with us and reach out when you feel the need. You can’t always count on family but you can always count on swamp monkeys. There are some folks here that have or are dealing with medical situations in the US so try any advice you get. Things always look worse, before they get better. Stay positive. I’m sure the medical staff will be keeping Richard in their best care, trust that he is in the best hands. Staff are swamped and am sure they can’t keep everyone up to date as regularly when there isn’t Covid.

Last edited by karen1 on Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:58 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

My heart breaks for you Karen!
I cannot imagine the frustration.
MuyLinda is a great source of information as she has been through this twice very recently.
Hopefully her advice will get you some answers.
I can't imagine that the doctor cannot give you 5 minutes for a call.

Major hugs and you'll both be in my thoughts for information and finding out what is going on.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:14 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

So sorry to hear about Richard.
Karen....in addition to having him tested for a septic infection, have them test him for a UTI. Also, if he is on oxygen, he may not be able to blow off the "bad" O2. My Dad had this issue. Once they turned his oxygen down, he was a bit better.
Sending prayers and hugs to you and Richard.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:19 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Try to stay positive Karen and keep after the doctors to try to get answers. Maybe his confusion and aggressiveness are temporary. It's a shame that you don't have family and friends nearby to support you but as Karen mentioned we are here for you to vent and ask questions. Praying for both you and Richard.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:31 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Karen....good advice here. I also thought of UTI....my mother had this issue twice and it was like...who the heck is this woman?? I am so sorry you are without strong support in FL. Reach out of course to your supportive daughter. Also ask for the name and number of a hospital social worker. Actually, insist on the name and number.

Prayers are continuing!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:52 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

ann wrote:
Karen....good advice here. I also thought of UTI....my mother had this issue twice and it was like...who the heck is this woman?? I am so sorry you are without strong support in FL. Reach out of course to your supportive daughter. Also ask for the name and number of a hospital social worker. Actually, insist on the name and number.

Prayers are continuing!!

I thought of that too. My BIL has Alzheimer's but he took a big turn for the worse when we were visiting Florida last year. He ended up in a hospital and rehab with my sister thinking about a nursing home and it turned out that he had a UTI in addition to the doctor's making changes to his meds. Long story short, he was much much better when we saw him in March.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:36 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

arubalova wrote:
ann wrote:

Prayers are continuing!!

I thought of that too. My BIL has Alzheimer's but he took a big turn for the worse when we were visiting Florida last year. He ended up in a hospital and rehab with my sister thinking about a nursing home and it turned out that he had a UTI in addition to the doctor's making changes to his meds. Long story short, he was much much better when we saw him in March.

That happened with my Mom too. Those UTIs can be bad. Continuing to send prayers. Hope your daughter can go down to be with you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:19 am 
Junior

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers and comments. I STILL have NOT spoken with his doctor and it is ow Saturday morning. I once again called the nurses station this morning to inquire about Richard and about the doctor. I was ONCE AGAIN told they would have the doctor call me hopefully with results. That was an hour ago. Now I'm told there's talk of rehab. Rehab??? Where, what,when??? Nobody tells me anything!!! When I spoke with his nurse this morning, I threathened to get in touch with Administration. Course can't do that until Monday morning. BUT I WILL! I'm going to file a formal complaint against this doctor AND the hospital. And they are NOT sending Richard anywhere until lI'm told what exactly is going on. I'm so sick of this shit that is going on!!! I'm being treated like a piece of scumbag! And now I'm getting harrasing texts from Richard's three daughters, who call me a bitchy monster. They sending all kinds of threatening texts to me. My own daughter is trying to handle things on her end.

It's a long story short, but Richard and his daughters do NOT have a great relationship and haven't for years. They are disrepectful to him, no one EVER calls for him, even though one of his daughter's send me her phone records last night to I guess prove she's been talking to him. I do know that he gets occasional texts or emails from his middle daughter. And the last email that Richard got from this particular daughter was filled of all kinds of hatefullness for me. If one does call, and that's been way before up in NY where we used to live, all they say to me is "Is myi father there?" nothing like or how are you doing and anything nice to me. That is SOOOOO disrespectful. They never call him on his birthday,father's day or any holiday and if he does hear from one of them it's in a text at 8;00pm at night. NONEof his six grandkids ever call or text him. They range in age from 18 to 26 years old I think. It's been so long since we've seen them I can't even remember what they look like. I probably wouldn't even know them if I ran into them in the street.

So going forward, I will continue to update this group as I again, continue to wait to hear from the doctor.

Thanks for all your prayers.

Peace and Love

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:21 am 
Junior

Sorry we came from NH not NY.