All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: LFD HH
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:50 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Today was short on sea breezes and very hot. I kept putting Buddy’s chill pad in the freezer. Even walking on the beach was hot. Hope the storm that just started will break the humidity, got to love a good thunder and lightening storm over the ocean. :D This is looking sideways and back to the road in. There is a cottage behind those trees. Cheers!

Post subject: Re: LFD HH
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:18 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

after a twitter storm to the governor, stadium and every local news outlet 60 tickets were given to the jags for tomorrows game. each player will get 2 if needed and then given out to others. funny how us "oldies" learn how to tweet in record time :lol: i forgot i even had an account :roll:

karen that looks so peaceful, glad you and buddy had a nice vaca. Here's to your LFD!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:11 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers from our home. Tomorrow will be an extremely hot day and there is a warning for traffic jams because of the holiday season. So after a nice day out and a dinner at a terrace, we decided to pack up and drive home this evening. One of the benefits of staying only 1,5 hour from home. I already unpacked and am now sipping my much earned glass of white wine. Tomorrow I will do nothing but enjoy my garden.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:31 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers to your LFD in your northern paradise Karen and Buddy. It was hot walking nine this morning and most of the ladies rode in a cart but I plugged on. Humidity wasn't too bad and I helped George finish up cutting the grass when I got home. Some of the ocean beaches were closed due to shark sightings. I'm not surprised because a local photographer posted photos and videos of sharks feeding offshore on bunker about a week ago. I had a Heineken after golf and having some pinot grigio now. Made pulled pork in the slow cooker, macaroni salad and baked beans. Time to veg out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:25 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I was so excited to be able to get live Maine lobsters here in Port Charlotte. They were ridiculously expensive, 3- pound and a halfs cost $75.00. But it is a treat and we are on vacation. They were hard shell lobsters and hardly had any meat. Very disappointed. Oh well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:13 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We had a skillet we made up of olive oil & herbs turkey strips with peas & carrots + tortellini stirred in.
Tasted very good. Had several reds with it.

Maryanne, my sister in CT had my two nephews over to celebrate the older guys birthday. She bought
4 2lb. Maine lobsters from a local seafood purveyor. She said she paid $104 for the lobsters.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:37 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers! In with a Dos Equis ambar. Nuked 2 sausages severed on buns with kraut for 5:30 lunch. Will be Trizzin' later I'm sure. Sad your retreat is ending (for now) your photos have been spectacular.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:18 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

No power in our neck of the woods for about 3 and a half hours. Surprisingly it was hotter after the sun set than while there was still sun! I was stunned at how dark it was outside!!! You could hear the cheers when everyone's post lights came on!! :lol: I used a new (to us) Husky light from Home Depot...bought it a couple of years ago...first time I needed it. I will buy more...it was great...suppose to last 3 hours...runs on batteries...of which I have plenty! Now have all downstairs aircos going in the event power is out again. So first we had smoked oysters and crackers then we had burgers with all the fixings. Have a good night friends!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:25 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We had a combo of leftovers. I had the chicken one; she had the beef stew one.
Milk with dinner.
Bedtime soon. I found some diet coke to which I am adding some rum.

We've been 'on island' when the wind stops due to a storm in the northern Caribbean.
Also when the lights go out. Hotter than FL!

Maybe some of that's what is happening with Isaias.
On the happy note, it seems like it is moving east tonight...away from east coast Florida.
I drove over to the ocean area this afternoon. Not much breeze here, too!