Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Re: Hump day
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:52 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

shelndon wrote:
Maryanne wrote:
Good Morning! Hey Don, have you checked the weather in Florida for the weekend? It looks like we could be getting a hurricane....keep an eye on it. (and that is not hurricane humor....or is it?)

Hurricane humor! I should feel guilty laughing but eye wall off the guilt portion of my emotional spectrum. If I get a 2nd container for my ice cream because I expect the first one to break, is that a cone of projection? The Florida Marlins have become a bit of a tropical depression, haven't they? They've really seen a surge...and not in the rankings. Ingrid, I hope the hubby is biking with you; it's never good to cyclone.

Maryanne, I've been keeping an eye on the tropics. I'm a bit of a wannabe meteorologist and amateur atmospheric prognosticator. Looks like it will affect the first few days of vaca. It will most likely not be a hurricane if/when it gets to the bay area. At least I hope not. I'm an optimist. I have some work to do while I'm down there. I'd fell far less guilty doing it when I can't go to the beach anyway. Now, if I can find a way to keep the boys quiet while I work...hmmm....

If you're on Facebook follow Denis Phillips for the weather updates.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:27 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We are not condemning traveling for anyone who is willing, yet...

DO NOT discount storms...here or there, Maryanne, DonnaLee and Don.
We have managed to dodge most effects...from Charley, Frances, Jeanne, Fay and Matthew, Irma.
(Matthew was 'times 2'...#1 was 'on island' (9/16), #2 was in Florida about 10 days later in early 10/16...slow moving, meandering storm.)

Enjoy your family time. Just be safe!

Geez, Ardy, a dermatologist to take out stitches? A surgical PA at least?

Tara, glad you enjoyed your travels to the lighthouse. See the sights, Bud will flow and follow, I'm sure.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:32 pm 
Senior

Pam, I have just been through a similar ordeal with Best Buy. Still haven't completely fixed my dishwasher, but at least I can use it...even if I can't get the bottom drawer to pull out without damaging the machine. Took them 3 months to actually deliver it. Now it's "broken" after 6 weeks of having it.

Pat, I'm not on Facebook, but I'll see if I can find him on Twitter. A friend of mine is a meteorologist at NWS over in Jacksonville...I was in the first meteorology & climate science class offered at our high school with him. We were both considering it as a career afterward. I tease him that one of us seems to have had a huge amount of success after that conversation...the other one is actually a meteorologist. :lol: There were 7 of us in the class...it was not offered again until 20 years later...guess we ruined it. :lol:

John, thanks for the advice. I never take the weather lightly. Well, not severe weather anyway. The Aruba tradewinds on the other hand...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:35 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Oh ya, I lived in Punta Gorda for Irma and evacuated to New Hampshire!! We are flying to Cincinnati on Sunday morning.....hopefully. We have masks, face shields, glasses with foam inserts that seal our eyes, and gloves. DD is flying to Florida from Cincy right now, she asked to be moved to another seat as she was in the middle seat and other 2 were full. They put her in a window seat in an aisle by herself. She is wearing scrubs along with mask, face shield and gloves and will change her clothes when she gets to Punta Gorda. We are all very safety conscious and will be as safe as possible.
I will check out Denis Phillips for weather updates. We usually follow Wayne Sallade on Facebook, he was in charge of Emergency Management in Charlotte county for years.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:38 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

CGO wrote:
Good Morning! Ken got up early to swim laps at the pool. He got a fraud alert on our debit card. Looks like somebody’s been doing a lot of shopping on our dime :evil: Good thing we are with USAA. They are wonderful to work with but not how you want to start the day. We might take the kids to the Ocean Course today for lunch. Gorgeous view for a meal. Wishing everyone a wonderful day.

Good afternoon all! We are also big fans of USAA! Especially love the ability to list other bank accounts and make transfers back and forth from the USAA website. And the "bill pay" feature has been great. Since COVID, we've been using the USAA Visa card instead of the Debit card, even at our local grocery. Two big advantages. 1) No longer have to touch the key pad to enter our PIN, and 2) 1.5% back.

As a bonus and nice surprise when we switched from our local bank to USAA we find that our direct deposits are fully credited to our account over 24 hours earlier. Example, Social Security, local bank would only show deposit end of business on Wednesday. USAA shows it before noon on Tuesdays. 100% refund of all ATM charges anywhere in the US too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:35 pm 
Senior

Maryanne wrote:
Oh ya, I lived in Punta Gorda for Irma and evacuated to New Hampshire!! We are flying to Cincinnati on Sunday morning.....hopefully. We have masks, face shields, glasses with foam inserts that seal our eyes, and gloves. DD is flying to Florida from Cincy right now, she asked to be moved to another seat as she was in the middle seat and other 2 were full. They put her in a window seat in an aisle by herself. She is wearing scrubs along with mask, face shield and gloves and will change her clothes when she gets to Punta Gorda. We are all very safety conscious and will be as safe as possible.
I will check out Denis Phillips for weather updates. We usually follow Wayne Sallade on Facebook, he was in charge of Emergency Management in Charlotte county for years.

Maryanne, for great information on Cincinnati weather, follow Kevin Robinson. He's the WLWT Chief Meteorologist, and he used to be on the Weather Channel. Love the guy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:17 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Pat7 wrote:
shelndon wrote:
Maryanne wrote:
Good Morning! Hey Don, have you checked the weather in Florida for the weekend? It looks like we could be getting a hurricane....keep an eye on it. (and that is not hurricane humor....or is it?)

Hurricane humor! I should feel guilty laughing but eye wall off the guilt portion of my emotional spectrum. If I get a 2nd container for my ice cream because I expect the first one to break, is that a cone of projection? The Florida Marlins have become a bit of a tropical depression, haven't they? They've really seen a surge...and not in the rankings. Ingrid, I hope the hubby is biking with you; it's never good to cyclone.

Maryanne, I've been keeping an eye on the tropics. I'm a bit of a wannabe meteorologist and amateur atmospheric prognosticator. Looks like it will affect the first few days of vaca. It will most likely not be a hurricane if/when it gets to the bay area. At least I hope not. I'm an optimist. I have some work to do while I'm down there. I'd fell far less guilty doing it when I can't go to the beach anyway. Now, if I can find a way to keep the boys quiet while I work...hmmm....

If you're on Facebook follow Denis Phillips for the weather updates.

You don't have to be a Faceobook member to follow him :wink: I love his Rule #7!! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:27 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Oh Pammy :roll: If you ever need a shower door, I have contact :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:20 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

karen1 wrote:
Oh Pammy :roll: If you ever need a shower door, I have contact :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url