All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Sat HH and Eats
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:08 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers it’s HH! Been a hot one. 84 right now and my iPad just informed me we are under a severe thunderstorm watch. I just dunked Buddy in the sink to cool him off. Low key day for Buddy, he’s having a too much fun hangover. I had to carry him on our beach walks today. Going potty is enough work for him. Too hot for the buddy bag and I can’t leave him home, it is his vacation. :wink: Busy day blowing bubbles, binocularing the seals and boats, beach combing, found a sand dollar. Been too busy to read my 6 books. There is always tomorrow...

Post subject: Re: Sat HH and Eats
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:01 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Ahhh beautiful Karen! You can read tomorrow ( or not). Enjoy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:42 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Karen, sounds like you have a very nice Buddy’s holiday!

We visited one of my best friends today. Catched upon everything. We had a lovely afternoon that was topped off with a great dinner she made us. We practiced social distancing.

When we came home just before 9 pm we spotted a fawn on the driveway to our house (I posted a picture this morning of that driveway). He or she jumped in the bushes and jumped out of it a little later. When I left the car, the mother roe was on the driveway. We sure are in the middle of nature here. It made Everts day, for years he is hoping to spot some roe if we are in this neighbourhood and now finally it happened.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:13 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers, grilled up a pizza and made Jim tuna fish :roll: I don't do any fish! He's mowing, I can make the tuna.
Chicken breasts cooking now
Once done cooking I will go next door for a swim!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:18 pm 
Senior

Taking frequent breaks today because it's very hot. It's amazing how much I get done when #1 is helping. Got the stump cut out and another trunk cut down. Got all the stuff off the old deck. Got the whole fence row clear of weeds so #NeighborKaren won't have another reason to go to the city about my yard (no offense, Karen...it's just a moniker). Got the weeds and trash from under the deck. Got the branches cut up and out to the curb. Got the vacuuming done. Got the pictures hung. Went to Lowes and Best Buy. Now I have a remote for my DVD player. The reason I haven't been posting the movies I was recording is because I had no way to get to the extra features without a remote, and I want to include those in my archive. So, hopefully tonight will be the extra features from "Casablanca" and "Caddyshack" and maybe recording "Charlie's Angels."

Just popped my first beer. Now back to work for 45 minutes until the Reds play!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:09 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I'm grilling a ribeye w/melted blue cheese crumbles. Sides will be garlic bread on the grill, grilled portobello mushroom caps and grilled bell peppers, salad w/ranch and crispy jalapenos. I'll be having barley pop of some sort while grilling.

RIP Nina

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:40 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers! We had a family get together today. I made sausage and meatballs plus a big salad. We did takeout for pizza and chicken wings. My SIL made brownies and cookies. The kids played in the sprinklers and with super soakers. I took one for the team and was the primary target. Figured if I had to be outside might as well stay cool. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:52 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Buddy in his hurricane kennel. For those traveling with pets, your pet needs to be in a kennel to be allowed in a hurricane shelter, at least in Canada. Thunderstorm watch over, Buddy was not interested in tonight’s walk. So mommy is swilling wine on the Lanai watching the blue Herron. No offence on the Karen comment, Don, I am so not ‘a Karen’ :lol:

Last edited by karen1 on Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:53 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Kept it simple tonight, using up stuff in the pantry/freezer - Pasta/Alfredo Sauce/Roasted veggies.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:06 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Hello. Tonight it is a crackers, cheese, and pepperoni platter with a rum and coke. Watched the Red Sox lose today. It's been so hot and humid in this area; not complaining, just saying.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:11 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers! Had a Lite, now a mango Margarita. Picked up from "Over the Tracks" local sandwich shop. I got an Illinois, a traditional Italian sub with Genoa salami, mortadella, pepperoni, and capicola ham, topped with provolone cheese, speciality seasonings, olive muffuleta, and Italian dressing on a toasted hoagie. I plan some Turkey Hill Double Dunker ice cream later topped with dry roasted peanuts and Hershey's Dark chocolate syrup.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:28 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

We had donover tacos...glad I had the leftovers to use. Had a great phone chat with my sister....so great we talked passed our usual dinner time :wink: I enjoyed a glass of red with dinner.