Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Re: Saturday morning
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:48 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

MuyLinda23 wrote:
Good morning all.
Carolina, are there nice beaches off of Kiawah Island? Nice rentals beachfront? We are looking for plan B for travel Here in the US for either early September or early November.

Hope you all have a very nice day.

Linda, the beach is beautiful and not crowded at all. The sand is dark, not like the Caribbean at all, so the water is not as pretty. I would suggest September and not November. I love Fall at the beach....Sep and ever October can be wonderful. Yes, there are places to rent. It is not commercial at all so go in knowing there is not a lot to do like bars or clubs. You are 1/2 hour from Charleston so you can go see historical sites nearby. Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:18 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good afternoon! Vacation pics are great. We will consider a vacation after "the numbers" are steadily declining.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:44 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

shelndon wrote:
Good morning!

Lots of stuff outside and in the basement to get done today. I have a list. It "should" take about 3-4 hours to complete. My undefeated Reds ( :lol: ) play at 6. Gotta teach Sunday School at 8. Got #1 to help today. May go get #2 tomorrow but unsure.

Oh, the therapist wanted to talk to us yesterday because she felt like she was only getting "drama" from #2 and not "truth." My first reaction when she said that was, "Well DUH!" Anyway, I'm not in jail or even in trouble, although she did caution me about how physical I got with him...again...duh.

Maybe you need to wear a bodycam.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:02 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Afternoon. I walked at 9AM while it was still a little cooler...low 70'sF when I started...mid 80'sF by the time I finished at 10:30. I'll spend the rest of the day inside where it will be cool. We are getting jealous of all those spending time on vacation. Marianne has offers of free rooms at Mohegan Sun for almost every week night in August but we are not ready to venture out yet. We will have to be content to spend time at our daughter's pool for this summer.
Have a great Saturday everyone and stay safe and cool.

AUA #33 - TBD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:18 pm 
Senior

arubalova wrote:
shelndon wrote:
Good morning!

Lots of stuff outside and in the basement to get done today. I have a list. It "should" take about 3-4 hours to complete. My undefeated Reds ( :lol: ) play at 6. Gotta teach Sunday School at 8. Got #1 to help today. May go get #2 tomorrow but unsure.

Oh, the therapist wanted to talk to us yesterday because she felt like she was only getting "drama" from #2 and not "truth." My first reaction when she said that was, "Well DUH!" Anyway, I'm not in jail or even in trouble, although she did caution me about how physical I got with him...again...duh.

Maybe you need to wear a bodycam.

:lol: :lol: :lol: When he was younger and refused to get out of bed for school, I'd tuck my phone in my front pocket & record the effort. A: because he always said, "You didn't try several times! THis is the first time you've tried to wake me and now you've made me late!" and B: because once I showed him the truth, I threatened to send it to his teachers. That usually worked...until he accused me of editing the footage.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:48 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good afternoon everyone.

Hung my curtain rod over my sliding door. I was sick of the vertical blinds......hope I don't kick myself in the a@@ for getting rid of them. Just finished steaming my curtains.

Linda.....Kiawah Island is beautiful. I love how wide the beach is. We've been twice......Mr Moneybags BIL paid for the house rental. I bought all the food for 6 people, cooked, did all the laundry, ironing, etc. Basically, it wasn't a vacation for me. On the bright side, I got to spend time with my nephew and niece. My BIL and SIL were going through a divorce at the time and it was really hard on the kids.