All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Re: TGIF
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:45 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning. Since we had some rain last night and the ground is still damp it is a good time to mow the lawn and avoid a dust cloud while I'm mowing. Temps are still in the low 70'sF now so it won't be too hot. We have a weekend heat wave in the forecast so there will probably be lots of pool time in our future.
Safe travels to those heading here, there and everywhere.
Have a great Friday everyone and stay safe.

AUA #33 - TBD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:54 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

morning.

tara i don't remember what supplements they are. Im feeling a little guilty because 2 weeks ago my sister asked me if i could research them to make sure they were safe. I never got a chance and then the baseball tournament started. I know one is gorilla something or another. im sure my sister will be all over it now.

Karen that place looks so nice, im sure you and buddy will have a great time. kristin enjoy the weekend with your nephew, and pat with your granddaughter.

have a great day all

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:55 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

arubalova wrote:
We would have been leaving for Lake George tomorrow, but the rest of our group backed out so we also backed out. I hear the hotels are filling up in the area.
Sorry about your canceled vacation...it's happened to most of us.
We used to live 90 minutes south of Lake George. We loved our visits. Very busy in Summer, very nice in Spring and Fall. We made it a couple times in Winter; it was an icy icebox when the lake froze over.
Then, there's Lake George in Florida...plentiful gators!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:01 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning!
Heading out to play match 4 of 5 this week. Played last night and my body is feeling it this morning.
Karen, enjoy your vaca, location looks beautiful and so peaceful.
Ingrid, enjoy the gardens, can't wait to see pics!
Tara, hope you get up North today.
Laura, sorry about the cancellation....I'm done counting our cancelations!
Tom, glad you arrived safely in FL, enjoy every minute!
Tennis this morning, then log as many hours as possible and get ready for beach trip in 2 days!
Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:15 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Beautiful sunny morning. Started the day with breakfast on the deck. It's like a bird sanctuary out there. Last week I saw a woodpecker for the first time. It landed on the side of the house and proceeded to peck away. What a racket. Always something going on out there. Have a great day everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:15 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Morning !
Deb.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:53 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good~Morning!
Nails/toenails to paint, jewelry to clean, purse change over.....for our nieces wedding tomorrow. Sis isn't going cause of Covid19.....I said at first I wasn't going, changed my mind.....going to be HOT and outside.....not going by anyone. Jim said, get married, have the reception at a later date! Never went to a wedding that I couldn't hug and kiss the bride and groom.....this one sure will be different!
Have a peaceful and relaxing vacation with your little Buddy Karen!! I sure am missing my vacations to Atlantic City & New York this year! Damn you Coronavirus!
Have a great day all!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:00 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

sunflower wrote:
Good morning! Karen and Maryann, I so hope you have great vacations. I am so glad I am staying here for another week. I read the hometown paper online and there are 11 new covid cases in our county. Aruba is big on sanitizing.

Linda, glad to hear Billy's friend will be alright. I wonder what supplements he took. My husband used whey..it's just protein powder.

I was going to take a bus up north yesterday but the place to buy a pass was closed. I walked all over behind the Ren seeing what all was back there. Ann, I could have walked to Reflexions had I known you were there. I'm meeting Judi this afternoon at Anytime.

Tara...we will get another beach day in at Reflexions before you leave! :D Kristin is correct, just pay the bus fare when you get on the bus....think you can still do that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:38 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning!
Back for my walk, cut it 2 miles short, too hot.
I am going to mow today, have been putting it off for days, I think that is why Larry is so depressed, he mows every 4 days, it is killing him. All he can do is sit and watch it grow. I'll mow our yard not the whole south forty, or my sister-inlaws.............We have 2 acres, he mows 8 which is fine, I am just not doing it. Also I am not mowing the hill, am I whining too much...
:lol:
Have a great time away Karen & Little Buddy, you too Maryann.

Enjoy Friends~

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:40 am 
Senior

Morning, everyone!

Already in 2nd meeting of the day. Gonna try to get in to the dentist to get filling replaced, but likely won't happen until next week. #2 did online therapy meeting from his grandparents' house. Must have discussed the "blow up" because the therapist texted me and wants to meet with Sheltina and I at 4:30 today. Wish us luck!

Don

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:38 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good afternoon all. Been tutoring (on-line) one of my former HS students, who is now a security guard at the local hospital. He posted a photo on Facebook, oddly I thought, with rubber gloves and a smock. I messaged him "what part of you job made you own up like that?"

His reply; "I move COVID bodies from the ICU to the morgue. We also take them from the morgue to the funeral home director. And people think this sh*t is a game."

Last edited by Cap'n Tom on Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:45 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Mid Day! Had to spend time with our cell provider to straighten out some issues, as we upgraded with
new phones. Karen, you and Buddy relax and enjoy your vacation. Sounds nice. John T., I used to send my
primary flight students for their solo cross-country reqs. to Glens Falls airport. Were you near there? All I'm
going to do for rest of today is some paperwork catch-up. Everyone enjoy today with family visits and stuff!!