It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:40 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Kat, I am so sorry to read that. Praying you find something quickly that you LOVE!
Tara, I can't believe Delta can't get you back before Aug 1st! I would never be able to afford to stay that long. I eat and drink too much!
Judi, I am shocked you've never been to a swim up bar, can be a lot of fun!....they gross Ken out...he does not think people get out to use the restroom :shock:
We had a bag pasta meal that was actually pretty good and not too high on the fat grams! Yippee!
Ian is working and Lilly is with her boyfriend....that is still weird to say for me. Luckily, he seems really sweet.
Wishing everyone a great night. In with Sangria and neighbors coming over to catch up.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:05 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Carolina....I am with Ken! Gross is my world for swim up bars!! :lol: Lilly has a boyfriend , MuyLinda's daughter has bee married a lot longer than I thought, geeze Louise where does the time go? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:14 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Grilled hot dog and potato salad side. Homemade brownie for dessert. In with water.

Sorry to hear about your job loss Kat. If possible, you should take some well-deserved time off for yourself and relax for a bit.

Enjoy your evening everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:16 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We got home an hour ago, Larry's appt was way more detailed than either of us knew. Doc said he got what he needed this time, come back in a week to have stitches out.
My poor honey is hurtin' all over.
He wanted grilled ham,cheese & tomoto again, fine with me easy peasy, I had 2 bowls of honeynut cherrios.

hope something comes around for you Kat~

Last edited by ardy. on Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:48 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Very sorry about your situation, Kat. No consolation to you when I say I believe the whole house of cards could collapse.
Ardy, I grieve when I read about anyone in pain. I hope the situation improves.
Tara, when are you applying for residency? Not sure when you were originally scheduled to come home, but getting home could remain problematic. Weather could throw another wrench in your plans. Storm Gonzalo? Another 'something' headed toward Texas. Not predicting doom and gloom, I simply think any weather interruption could be bad for fragile airline schedules.

Back to dinner & HH. Neither one was very hungry. Sandy concocted a soup akin to some others we have had. No recipe. Tiny shrimp, some tiny frozen, chicken-stuffed Chinese dumplings, some scallions, some mushrooms...and chicken stock. Very tasty. Just milk with dinner.

I am finally "in" with some Sprite Zero Sugar...with added vodka.

Very soon, bon noche.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:51 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

That su??? Kat. I now you will find something soon. I have never been in a swim up bar and do not intend to get in one for the same reason mentioned. Dom's hot sausage subs and tater totters with the usual. See you all on the flip side in a few hours. Oh, enjoy the extended stay Tara.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:05 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers! Started with a Tanqueray and tonic. Late lunch had bratwurst with sauerkraut and mustard. Side of Sundried garlic diced tomato. Tonight I've had 2 helpings of Vidalia Onion casserole.

Fun day with visit to LabCorp at hospital for blood draw for PSA, then switch cars and go to grocery, get gas. Finally had some rain tonight, earlier I checked and 0.3" - hope there is more in the gauge by morning.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:31 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Kat, I really am sorry for you. I hope you will find a very nice, well paid job soon.

ML, that is a serious operation you have to go through. I totally understand you postponed it. I really feel for you, my friend.

Tara, hope you have enough money and underwear with you, but I prefer your kind of problems.

We went to the village today. We started with the museum, where we left very fast. Too many people with small children and none of them practice distancing. This is a rising problem here. There is a big outcry to make facial masks mandatory in crowded public spaces. This would be a major change in my country!

We at least had a nice lunch at the village, and we visited the micro brewery and the cheese maker and did some shopping at both places. As I told you, all the houses have edifying words on it. It was meant to put some positive behaviour in the people that were forced to live there. On this picture you see the words “bitter and sweet”, which is kind of nice. Most lines are things like “work and toil”.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:49 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

If there ever was a time to visit a swim up bar, it’s probably now when you are the only ones in the pool.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:50 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Kay, so to hear about your lay-off, hope one of your recruiters is able to find you something great.

Poor Larry, but good to hear they believe they got it all this time.

I’m with Ken, I don’t like swim up bathroom, oops I meant bars :lol: :lol:

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url