Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Re: Monday HH and dinner
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:26 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Great photos Ingrid and Judi.

We had pork chops, green beans, zucchini, sweet potatoes and apple sauce. All cooked on the grill.....minus the applesauce. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:39 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Had chicken heated over in stock, beets, & broccoli rabe. Just had a skinny cow ice cream sandwich.
Later, I'll make mojitos for sunset. Those photos are just so great!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:12 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers! I nuked a bratwurst for lunch, sides of pork & beans and also diced tomatoes. Then early this evening Elaine allowed me a nice helping of freshly made, Paula Deens recipe, Vidalia Onion casserole. The Vidalia season is short and this may be the last casserole until next year. Yuuummm. Started HH with a bloody Caesar, about half gone now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:29 pm 
Senior

Cap'n Tom wrote:
Cheers! I nuked a bratwurst for lunch, sides of pork & beans and also diced tomatoes. Then early this evening Elaine allowed me a nice helping of freshly made, Paula Deens recipe, Vidalia Onion casserole. The Vidalia season is short and this may be the last casserole until next year. Yuuummm. Started HH with a bloody Caesar, about half gone now.

Many, many moons ago in my early 20's, I was working for the state of Kentucky. There was an older guy I worked with that had already retired twice and was only working because he needed something to do. He lived down by the Kentucky river in Frankfort, and we'd always take 2 or 3 afternoons off in the summer and 5 or 6 of us would get into his pontoon boat and drive a mile or two upriver with a cooler full of beer, then cut the engine & float back down. Usually took anywhere from 2 to 4 hours. Unless we drank all the beer, then we'd start the engine again. His name was Dana Anglin. He was a MAJOR character. When we got back to the house, he would fire up the grill and make us...deep breath..."The Right Reverend Dr. Dana Claus Anglinstein's World Famous Open Face Vidalia Onion Sandwich." which was basically a slice of grilled Vidalia onion served on a piece of rye toast with mustard. It was DELICIOUS!

My bartender friend tried to push bloody Caesars on me 25 years ago or so. Her sister lived in Canada and that's where she got the idea. Apparently they're big up there. Too thin for me. I like a bloody mary so thick you almost have to chew before you swallow. And spicy!

Don

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:53 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cap'n Tom wrote:

We are huge sweet onion fans, I guess they are not always Vidalias. What else goes into the casserole?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:49 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

arubalova wrote:
We are huge sweet onion fans, I guess they are not always Vidalias. What else goes into the casserole?

I will also post it on the Recipe page:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:24 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

We just call them Caesar’s, have never heard them referenced as a Bloody Caesar, at least in my neck of the woods.