It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:20 pm 
Junior

Ok, I'm going to give a confession. I can usually skip dessert without much of an issue. However, I have noticed that there are 3 things I absolutely cannot skip if they're on the menu: Pecan Pie, a well-made cobbler, and BANANA FREAKING PUDDING!

Having said that, I just had some from a BBQ place that was different than any I've tried and I was not a fan. It had a rather heavy layer of whipped cream on top with a decent dose of cinnamon in the whipped cream. I love a good cinnamon roll as much as the next guy. But, I don't want that mucking up the taste of those sweet, overripe bananas, vanilla cream, and perhaps a dash of vanilla wafers.

What say you, fellow bog chimps?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:25 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Nana Puddin!!! I lived North of Boston and made Martha Stewart's Banana Pudding for my daughter's future Southern In Laws. It was a-freakinmazing!! I had never had it before.....
I cannot pass up Key Lime Pie or chocolate mousse.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:02 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Can you share a recipe? I've only ever made it out of the box :lol: By the way, who are you and have you been welcomed to the group yet? I may have missed it, if not, welcome!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:23 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Banana Pie..... YUMMO! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:02 pm 
Junior

arubalova wrote:
Can you share a recipe? I've only ever made it out of the box :lol: By the way, who are you and have you been welcomed to the group yet? I may have missed it, if not, welcome!!

I've sort of been welcomed. I had been a "lurker" for years, only posting several years ago. But about a month ago, I decided I was going to make some life changes. I decided to lose weight, become self-employed, do some home improvement, etc. etc. etc. And, just on a whim, I stopped in here about a week ago and decided to become part of the community. The true feeling of "family" I saw happening in here was something I wanted be a part of due to my shared love of "One Happy Island." And now, here we are.

Thank you for the welcome! As for the recipe, I actually have never made it. I just eat it when I find it. Sorry!

Bon Dia! -Don

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:47 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I actually would not list banana pudding among some favorites, but maybe I will look for Martha's recipe.

I am full of plans w/o action. Mine would include to make a butterscotch pie...real homemade graham cracker cruse with cooked butterscotch pudding (not instant)...a childhood favorite. Real graham crust is easy. Old-fashioned cooked butterscotch pudding seems to be non-existent at Publx or Wally World (although Wally World is on my no-show list for another 6 months - minimum).

Welcome, shelndon!
If we ever get back to the island, it would be our 30-something trip.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:03 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Sorry, banana pudding is not for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:00 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Never had banana pudding. I am not a fan of sweet desserts. But a cart with all kind of cheeses is something I can’t resist (I am partly French - deadly combination with Dutch regarding cheese).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:17 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Welcome Don....can't remember whether I said that before or not...twice is good! :wink: My mother use to make a delish banana pudding dessert...vanilla wafer cookie layer (not crushed) slices of fresh bananas, vanilla pudding layer, and a whipped egg white topping. My favorite. Will see if I have a recipe. I'm like Ingrid...not a big fan of dessert ....but a tray of cheese and fruit....yup! (I would also like a slice of JohnT's butterscotch pie :wink: )

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:23 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

My sister makes one that uses the Pepperidge (sp) Farm Chessman Cookies. I thin it's called "Not your mama's banana pudding." It might be a Paula Dean recipe.... not sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:23 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Banana pudding is not for me either, a banana has to be straight from the peel of not at all :lol:
Now butterscotch pudding that is a different thing :D

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:35 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

JohnT wrote:
I actually would not list banana pudding among some favorites, but maybe I will look for Martha's recipe.

I am full of plans w/o action. Mine would include to make a butterscotch pie...real homemade graham cracker cruse with cooked butterscotch pudding (not instant)...a childhood favorite. Real graham crust is easy. Old-fashioned cooked butterscotch pudding seems to be non-existent at Publx or Wally World (although Wally World is on my no-show list for another 6 months - minimum).

Welcome, shelndon!
If we ever get back to the island, it would be our 30-something trip.

I just checked and saw it on Amazon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:41 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

ann wrote:
Welcome Don....can't remember whether I said that before or not...twice is good! :wink: My mother use to make a delish banana pudding dessert...vanilla wafer cookie layer (not crushed) slices of fresh bananas, vanilla pudding layer, and a whipped egg white topping. My favorite. Will see if I have a recipe. I'm like Ingrid...not a big fan of dessert ....but a tray of cheese and fruit....yup! (I would also like a slice of JohnT's butterscotch pie :wink: )

That sounds very interesting. I would take the sweets over cheese and fruit in a heartbeat!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:04 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I don't like bananas but I never turn down dessert but I'd never order it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:08 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

My husband LOVES banana pudding, so does my daughter. They order it out at BBQ joints all the time.
I don't love creamy desserts for some reason, maybe a texture issue, but as much as I love food and almost all desserts, I am immune to the charms of banana pudding. My brother dropped some off the other day that had a cool twist, instead of the traditional 'Nilla Wafers it had those peanut butter cookies you get when you give blood.....Nutter Butters. Ken and Lilly said it was really good.