It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:44 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers! We met my sister for lunch and finalized buying my late BIL’s truck. Mike had a pasta dish and the ladies had ribs. A couple of friends are stopping by for a couple of beers. Leftovers will be dinner. The house is quiet again now that our sweet Calleigh went home.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:24 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I just bbq’d a burger and had a sparkling water. Fresh cherries for dessert. All the swamp little girls are growing up. Cute pics Linda and Pat.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:37 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We're having pizza with neighbors. She is already very fragile medically (cancer treatments). So, as they say, 'with an abundance of caution', we sit on opposite corners of the table. She can vent with Sandy...and the guys will go up to pick up the pizza.

Some beer, wine or soda will likely be consumed (probably soda for the ladies).

Bon appetit, mis amis.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:55 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Just ordered shrimp scampi appetizer and lasagna from Olive Garden. A glass or 2 of white....Chateau Moo...to drink. Cute pic Pat!

RIP Nina

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:21 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Youngest son has been cooking all day. Roast beef, sausages, hamburgers, sugar cookies :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:58 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Caprese salad and raw baby carrots with Ranch dressing dip. Red Delicious apple. Rum and coke follow-up.

Calleigh looks so happy. Where's Maryanne? :?: :?:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:14 pm 
Prolific

We just ate delivered BBQ!

I had sausage and pulled chicken with banana pudding and baked beans. #1 had ribs, #2 had something called a "More Cowbell" sandwich with brisket. Wife, bless her heart, had cottage cheese and cream of tomato soup.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:33 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Oh, I am here.....this Grandboy is not in a hurry to come out. DD is going to the Dr. in the morning. I made an amazing meatloaf tonight with a glaze of brown sugar, ketchup and spices. It was absolutely yummy!! Just finished a glass of Pinot Grigio. Will climb into bed early just in case we get a call in the middle of the night.
Don, I have two dishtowels hanging in my kitchen. One says Bless Your Heart, and the other says Go To Hell!! Our DD's Southern In-Laws taught us that when someone says Bless Your Heart, they really mean Go To Hell!! tee hee hee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:42 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Nice pics of the girls Pat and Linda. Fairly quiet day here, George was crabby. I cleaned the toilets .. that was about it for housework LOL and did some light gardening and solved the Samsung TV internet connectivity issue which George has been nagging me about for the last three days!!

We split a ribeye on the grill, baked potatoes and three bean salad. Gin and tonic.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:20 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We split a rib eye on the grill too :) baked chunked up sweet potatoes and some rice concoction from the freezer, milk~

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:47 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Ribeye on the grill here also. I had a small piece and Tommy had the rest. We also grilled a whole black sea bass that Tommy caught today. That's the first time we've ever done that in the 20+ years we've been fishing. We made mini fish tacos with it and it was delicious. We both had a Bloody Mary with dinner.

Nice pictures of the little cuties Pat and Linda.

"Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:21 pm 
Prolific

Maryanne wrote:
Oh, I am here.....this Grandboy is not in a hurry to come out. DD is going to the Dr. in the morning. I made an amazing meatloaf tonight with a glaze of brown sugar, ketchup and spices. It was absolutely yummy!! Just finished a glass of Pinot Grigio. Will climb into bed early just in case we get a call in the middle of the night.
Don, I have two dishtowels hanging in my kitchen. One says Bless Your Heart, and the other says Go To Hell!! Our DD's Southern In-Laws taught us that when someone says Bless Your Heart, they really mean Go To Hell!! tee hee hee

HAHAHA! It can certainly be used in that vernacular...I have done so myself!

I remember Jeff Foxworthy saying it could be used either as pity or "go to hell." The example he used was something along the lines of, "Jimmy just had a hard time passing a hitchhiker without killing him and putting him in the trunk.....bless his heart."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:52 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

my sister, BIL, his dad and bryson came to spend the day. billy left for wildwood around 11:30. they picked up another guy so there's 6 of them. they chose the penthouse apt i found which sleeps 8 so they have plenty of room. check in was 3 but they didnt get in until just before 5. apparently whoever was there before them broke a chair and they needed more time to get it ready. we're all guessing it was more than that :roll: My sister told him to take pics of everything "just in case". She'll be a wreck till Wed.

we grilled sirloins, burgers, dogs, and had potato and mac salads. just sparkling water.

Calleigh is adorable!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:02 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers! Been drinking my Lites and now I'm having a crunchy PB & mayo on rye for supper. I found out my partial (23 out of 30 years) teacher retirement had a COLA, so Tuesday I will have $33 more than usual. As I told Elaine, that's two 15-packs of Miller Lite 16 oz cans. Every month!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:25 pm 
Prolific

lindaspooky wrote:
my sister, BIL, his dad and bryson came to spend the day. billy left for wildwood around 11:30. they picked up another guy so there's 6 of them. they chose the penthouse apt i found which sleeps 8 so they have plenty of room. check in was 3 but they didnt get in until just before 5. apparently whoever was there before them broke a chair and they needed more time to get it ready. we're all guessing it was more than that :roll: My sister told him to take pics of everything "just in case". She'll be a wreck till Wed.

we grilled sirloins, burgers, dogs, and had potato and mac salads. just sparkling water.

Calleigh is adorable!

OMG, Wildwood, Florida! I have a predisposition to absolutely HATE that town. It's a long story that involves my best friend, the clutch on a 1984 Oldsmobile Firenza, baseball, my sister, a crooked garage owner, $500, and a ruined spring break! No offense, Linda! :oops: