All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Re: Sunday morning
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:16 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Mornin. The Swamp Turtle Baby is taking his time.....This Nana Banana had a mimosa for breakfast. Now, heading out to mow. We had a pack of big dogs at our front door this morning, they had a mini doxie with them. It was kinda funny. What a group! (DH was not amused as he has been trying to put a fence in the budget for a while)
See you later, have a wonderful Sunday.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:20 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning! Pooltime will be on agenda today. Sunny, but sky not bluesy blue. Had to cancel
dinner reservations with vbf's last night as concerns regarding covid. Bummer, but will try again
soon. To all, enjoy Sunday!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:34 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

The day is starting out nice but thunder storms predicted for later this afternoon. I have to get the deck ready for replacement tomorrow morning. Have a great day.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:02 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

morning, omg how good it is to feel normal again. sorry that its your turn today judi.
wild thunderstorm around 7:30 last night, destroyed the windspinners in the garden, found pieces of one over the fence, one is completely gone :shock: at least the furniture was all tied down.

not sure whats on the agenda today. have to get to walmart, shoprite and home depot. moose tiki bar opened yesterday which is across the street from all 3, not sure i can handle any more alcohol.

yesterday was my niece gianna's 3rd bday party. she loves her cake, candy and cookies, kept asking me to dig the m&ms out of the cookie platter. she couldnt wait to get the mermaid out of the cake, was a bit disappointed it was only a tail :lol: she kept dipping it into the icing and into her mouth. you had to see my sisters face when she saw all the holes :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:25 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good~Morning!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:35 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:21 am 
Junior

Morning, everybody! I'm not saying it's raining heavily here, but the water is pooling up in my yard and a couple of camels just walked by with pangolins on their back.

Sunday School Zoom and online church here. Can't wait to hear the news about Aruba today. Especially with over 28,000 new cases in the last few days in our alternate destination (Florida).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:36 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning! Hot and windy here for the next couple days...looks like the wind will die down by Tuesday and the forecasted temp is 101F/38c. I do believe that may be a lake day for me. I know I won't be working in the yard...too stinking hot. I will go to the VFW today. Not many people there and I'm going to try and avoid crowds for the next couple weeks before I leave for the island. No Monday night burger night over there for me the next couple weeks. I'm going to skip the boozy brunches at the nephew's bar uptown on Saturdays too. It's not going to be easy for this social girl.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:10 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good afternoon. Will hit 86°, had an inch of rain yesterday, still lowest June total in past 3 years.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:20 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

sunflower wrote:
Good morning! I'm going to try and avoid crowds for the next couple weeks before I leave for the island. No Monday night burger night over there for me the next couple weeks. I'm going to skip the boozy brunches at the nephew's bar uptown on Saturdays too. It's not going to be easy for this social girl.

Smart move, Tara. Then when you get to Aruba you can party like it’s 2019. 8) :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:37 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Afternoon. I was running a little behind schedule this morning and forgot to say hi. After online church was finished I checked our favorite breakfast place's website and they were still taking online orders for breakfast so we had omelets for the first time since March. They were soooooo good. I also ordered some pancakes to warm up for breakfast tomorrow morning. I managed to get my five mile walk finished before the skies turned black and the sound of thunder started. The radar is showing storms just north of us.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday everyone and stay safe.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:53 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

karen1 wrote:
sunflower wrote:
Good morning! I'm going to try and avoid crowds for the next couple weeks before I leave for the island. No Monday night burger night over there for me the next couple weeks. I'm going to skip the boozy brunches at the nephew's bar uptown on Saturdays too. It's not going to be easy for this social girl.

Smart move, Tara. Then when you get to Aruba you can party like it’s 2019. 8) :lol:

Karen, you never fail to make me laugh. Thank you. :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:57 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Very late check in today!

We went out on our boat earlier today since tstorms were predicted for the afternoon. We had a great day fishing and swimming. The water was warmer in the 100' water in the middle of Long Island Sound about 7 miles off the CT coast - 71.5°. We moved back in towards shore for a while and the water temp went down to 64° :shock: but we still both jumped in. We were watching the radar for storms while we were out there and came in once the tstorm warnings came across our phones.

That sounds like a good idea, Tara. You don't want to jeopardize your trip.

I really wish today was Saturday - back to work tomorrow, but at least it's only a 4 day week.

"Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air." - Ralph Waldo Emerson