Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Saturday HH and Dinner
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:12 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Still no Swamp Grandbaby.....
We had doneovers, pork roast, beans and wide egg noodles. Pinot Grigio is wetting my whistle.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:22 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I'm grilling a burger and topping it w/gouda cheese, spring mix, tomato, onion, and mayo on an onion roll. Steak & onion chips and Scoops/store made guac on the side. Might go get ice cream later. A local place has this peanut butter/banana/chocolate milk shake that I want to try. A barley pop will be consumed while grilling.

Salute!

RIP Nina

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:56 pm 
Junior

Kelly, #2 and I were going to make mushroom and gravy burgers but got rained out. So, we ordered from the best Thai place in town. I'm having Pumpkin Red Curry with traditional Thai heat. #1 is having Sweet & Sour Chicken mild. #2 is having a Seafood Hot Pot traditional Thai hot. Have to teach my mom's Sunday School class via Zoom at 8, so holding off on the adult beverages for now, but will soon have a tasty IPA. And perhaps a glass of gin.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:03 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Larry grilled us blue cheese burgers, I made the cauliflower cheese tots, milk~

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:08 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We'll have real pasta with a meat sauce I made this afternoon since it rained...ground beef, hot Italian sausage, chorizo with homemade sauce. I'm drinking Beachcombers and Tommy's having hot and spicy Bloody Marys. Cheers!!

"Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:16 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We also got rained out and I made shrimp scampi as my backup plan. Congrats to my niece Erin and her BF on their new addition of two cute tabby kittens. I can't point out which two they took, but I know one had alot of white on the face.

They were part of a dump to a Long Island cat sanctuary and AASN took nine of the kittens. Offhand, I can't pick out the two that they took.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:48 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

arubalova wrote:
We also got rained out and I made shrimp scampi as my backup plan. Congrats to my niece Erin and her BF on their new addition of two cute tabby kittens. I can't point out which two they took, but I know one had alot of white on the face.

They were part of a dump to a Long Island cat sanctuary and AASN took nine of the kittens. Offhand, I can't pick out the two that they took.

Kinda looks like my Nina in the middle!

RIP Nina

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:11 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We joined you all this evening...we have had at least two big downpours today!! Puddles and mini floods everywhere! ) Haven't seen 'real rain' :wink: like that since...well I really can't remember....! Burgers though....topped with cheese and other fixins. Salad and blue cheese dressing for him....nothing else for me (brunch day and I really didn't even need anything to eat tonight but....I love burgers). I had water with lemon, he had Vitamin water (better than Gatorade he said...I wouldn't know :wink: ). I agree Kelly...looks like Nina!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:37 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers! In with a Abita Brewing "Andygator" helles doppelbock. For lunch I had some store-made potato salad and a Lean Cuisine Herb Roasted Chicken with roasted potatoes and broccoli. It's a definite "Buy It Again." Delicious, and just 180 calories, 55 calories less than this beer I'm drinking..... "supper" will be a nuked beef brat (or 2) on rye bread with mustard, I may add a slice of Swiss while I've got it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:56 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

had a burger, beans and pasta salad at my sisters. can't forget the canoli cake, it was delish. dranks lots and lots of water today. ronnie i will always be a rookie, just can't handle it anymore :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:28 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

degored wrote:
arubalova wrote:

Aww..she looks like a mama. We didn’t take the adults, but I am sure they will be well taken care of by Chris at Happy Cat Sanctuary.

Kinda looks like my Nina in the middle!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:42 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We've had no rain yet today. They're saying that the Saharan dust is holding down the chances of rain. It was a rather sunless, gloomy day, but it doesn't mean that it was any cooler. It is still 82°f at 9:40 PM. Earlier, the weatherman's favorite stat said it was "feels-like" 102°f.

So, dinner was pork. I think they call it stuffed pork loin (Publix creation)...shaped in a 'ring', tied and stuffed with spinach and mozzarella. She was not happy that it got a little overdone in the counter top oven. I thought it was great - a little bit of char gave it a grilled taste. We had an ear of fresh corn with it...and the usual milk of choice.

I waited until now to mix some rum in Diet 7UP. Ending the day in 90 minutes (or less).

Pasa un bon noche.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:57 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Hamburgers, peas, garlic & herb pasta side dish from a box.