All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Re: TGIF
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:54 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning. Its already 71°F now and is supposed to get close to 90°F this afternoon. I'll be walking really soon to beat the heat. We are planning on some socially distanced pool time with the gkids this afternoon.
Have a great Friday everyone and stay safe.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:56 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning all.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:03 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

karen1 wrote:
Good luck at the docs Ronnie. Sorry Kelly, you are probably one of the ones hardest hit here affected by this pandemic by what you like to do for fun when we aren’t travelling :(

Karen I'm dyin' over here! :( :lol: For the year to be half over and me not to have been to at least 1 concert is unheard of! Including the Stones tonight, I should've been to 9 shows so far this year. Some of those have been rescheduled to this fall. Hopefully those will still happen, although I have my doubts. I have a feeling this is going to be the first year since 1989(if I did the math right) that I haven't been to at least 1 concert.

RIP Nina

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:13 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

morning, yay its really friday! Bear continues to improve which makes me happy.

Billy's virtual graduation is at 1, Nic's is at 4. My sisters SIL nicole (nics mom) booked the entire outdoor dining area at the restaurant all the kids work at from 4-5:30. Twins that went to school with the boys and their family will join us as well. There will be 5 seniors and 2-8th grade grads there so it will be a nice celebration.

wow kelly, i knew you went to alot of concerts just didn't realize how many. my brother has tickets for rod steward and cheap trick and they notified him it was moved up in august. i thought that was odd.

good luck today ronnie. marylou we don't care for ac, mostly use it for the humidity but I agree its def a selling point.

have a great day all.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:26 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning all, sunny start with rain later is what I heard but they said that yesterday & the rain never showed up.

Have a second installer coming from Lowes, the prior one couldn’t finish the job as Lowes gave him the wrong stuff etc,etc... long story. Then he decided to take time off for health reasons. This has been ongoing since February (ordered the door in November), John has been calling every couple of weeks & yesterday he lost it when the guy said he needed patience!! :twisted: Guess what the installer called later in the evening & is coming over today to assess the job.

Ronnie good luck at Dr, a friend of mine had both wrists done & is totally pain free.
Have a great one all

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:37 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning!
Up earlier than I had hoped, just could not sleep. Played a great tennis match last night and my whole body is feeling it today. Lilly is lifeguarding today, Ian will be at Chickfila.....so happy to have two gainfully employed kids :D My parents came to watch the tennis last night, good to get them out of the house. My sister is driving down with her new boyfriend for Father's Day. Looking forward to seeing her and meeting him. Lots of work to finish a project for work today. Need to get in some exercise as well. That about it.
Wishing everyone a great day!
Ronnie, hope the Dr apt goes well.
Kelly, sorry about the concerts, I totally understand!
ML, hope you get a good quote on the AC
Linda, enjoy the graduation!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:59 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:03 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good~Morning!
A little cooler today, high of 74 and partly cloudy!
Good Luck today Ronnie, I had both wrist done too for carpal tunnel.....the procedure is simple, not bad at all and I am also pain free.
All caught up at home chores.....moving on to cleaning out the garage. May putz around today with that!
Happy Friday to all...…..stay well!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:12 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning everyone. Already busy at work - can't wait for this month to be over! Enjoy the beach Ann. Good luck Ronnie. Sorry about the concert Kelly but understand as those guys are in the high risk group. :lol: :lol: Sue, guess you won't be seeing Jackie for another while. :roll: TGIF!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:27 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning! A cool front moved in last night and we got about a half inch of rain. Today will be about 30° cooler than it has been. I'm digging up the garlic today and do a little more lawn edging. Then a shower and get some stuff ready to take to my niece's house for her birthday party.

Pammy, that is a ridiculously long time for Lowe's installer to come. I hope he will look it over today and be there next week to install. I thought the guy who put up my storm door was dragging his feet. It should not have taken two weeks to finish that job.

Ronnie, I got diagnosed with carpal tunnel when I worked at the boat factory. I changed jobs and it never bothered me again.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:41 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning

AUA #34 May 2021

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:22 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Sounds like my shower door saga Pammy :roll: :lol: ML don’t know how disruptive putting ac in is. Maybe just keep the quote and if the negotiations got down to no ac you could provide the quote and offer to take that off the price? Or If you don’t get any action on the ad without ac, you could say something in the ad about ac pending, get them in the door and then they can deal it. :wink:

Just like the hotels in Aruba that are going to Cover the insurance cost, they are just going to up the room price by $30\night :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:49 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning.
Carolina - Great to have both kids with jobs. Same here, ALTHOUGH - Matthew got scratched from the schedule bc WHY? Because his room mate tested positive for Covid-19!!!!! Yes, I'm freaking just a little. It was a routine test for football... no symptoms. Matthew has a test scheduled for Sunday morning. If he's negative, then I think he can go back to work later next week. If positive, who knows what.

It's been great having Mike here all week. He starts a new project in Buffalo, NY next week. TJ/gf come back next week for a few days.

Enjoy your Friday.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:43 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning!
80 degrees, air is on!
A local neighbor down the road passed a few months ago, calling hours are late this afternoon, so we will be doing that.

Have nice day ALL~

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:13 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Mornin, no "action" yet.....just a normal day.