All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: BP Dinner/HH
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:10 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Here's to Big Papa's successful surgery. Sleep well tonight Dan...and Georgene. I made a pot of lamb stew for this cold/wet night.

Post subject: Re: BP Dinner/HH
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:38 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

just love those 4:25 emails where they just have to have a sample tomorrow morning. of course nothing would work after that, printer jammed, label maker jammed, UPS site wouldn't connect......got to the UPS store at 5:45, 15 minutes to spare!

Kenny had leftovers, i had soup and salad. just water tonight, cheers dan.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:44 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good thing it's a nice day here, I had to open all the windows and doors to dissipate the smoke :roll: Good thing the alarm was still off due to the phone line upgrade (it has to reset itself) as smoke detector in the basement by the furnace is connected to the alarm system and it was smokey! I was outside and didn't notice until the back hall smoke alarm started. For some unknown reason today I was busy in the kitchen with a plastic cutting board and walnuts in a plastic bag and a glass container with plastic top and tossed it all in the oven when the phone guy came, I NEVER do that. :oops: At supper, I was pre-heating the oven while sitting outside enjoying the sun and all hell broke loose when 3 alarms were set off. I must say the new kitchen alarm that is sealed, no changing batteries, good for 10 years works Extremely well and is LOUD :shock: . Thankfully it unscrews from the ceiling (while on the top rung of the ladder in the back stairwell :roll: ). Plastic melted on the oven grates, what a mess and what a smell... I microwaved a Lean Cuisine :lol: Just water. I guess this falls under the dump things thread.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:36 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers to Dan's procedure being a done deal! Sweet dreams, Dan.

Linda, what a mess..glad you made it after all the aggravations. I agree on the printer issues. Jam, no paper or one cartridge out of ink...happens all too frequently.

Karen, I put something in my oven just a month ago to have it out of the way and had to instill it in my short memory NOT to forget that in there. Something I never do either.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:48 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers. We had chicken, broccoli and ziti. Crazy day endings for some - hope tomorrow is better. How was your appointment Ronnie?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:47 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

karen1 wrote:
Good thing it's a nice day here, I had to open all the windows and doors to dissipate the smoke :roll: Good thing the alarm was still off due to the phone line upgrade (it has to reset itself) as smoke detector in the basement by the furnace is connected to the alarm system and it was smokey! I was outside and didn't notice until the back hall smoke alarm started. For some unknown reason today I was busy in the kitchen with a plastic cutting board and walnuts in a plastic bag and a glass container with plastic top and tossed it all in the oven when the phone guy came, I NEVER do that. :oops: At supper, I was pre-heating the oven while sitting outside enjoying the sun and all hell broke loose when 3 alarms were set off. I must say the new kitchen alarm that is sealed, no changing batteries, good for 10 years works Extremely well and is LOUD :shock: . Thankfully it unscrews from the ceiling (while on the top rung of the ladder in the back stairwell :roll: ). Plastic melted on the oven grates, what a mess and what a smell... I microwaved a Lean Cuisine :lol: Just water. I guess this falls under the dump things thread.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing - dumb things thread

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:57 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers! I nuked a healthy choice lemon pepper fish. Starting HH with a Founder's Porter.

Karen, I'll be you have one of those hot firemen calendars..... "Keep it Burning, We'll get there!!"

For you:

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:24 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Son cooked baby back ribs, navy bean casserole (like the Northern brand we liked), a cold linguine salad, sweet corn for a belated Mom's Day feast. Yum!
There was strawberry shortcake with fresh whipped cream for dessert.
Had a glass of red wine before dinner, now enjoying a glass of white before day's end.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:06 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Pat7 wrote:
Cheers. We had chicken, broccoli and ziti. Crazy day endings for some - hope tomorrow is better. How was your appointment Ronnie?

They did the ultrasound, was able to see my heart beating, that was cool to see and happy to see it beating :lol: Next test is Thursday on my neck head area, then next week for follow up on what they found.