All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Thursday HH and dinner
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:27 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Well, we just came in from Wine O' Clock. Sitting in the sun, covered with SPF 15 and drinking Grey Goose Mules. It is a great end to the day, and in this case, to the week. Just found out that DD has the day off tomorrow and that means the we have the day off!!
About to make Rib Eye Steak with steamed veggies. Starting Mother's Day weekend early!!!
Wahoo..... Life sure is good. In fact, it is wicked awesome.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:36 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Enjoy your day off, Maryanne. I started a HH post, but deleted when I saw Maryanne's pop up in the meantime. Here's what I'd typed.

So, I'm thrilled that TJ is home for summer... at least part of it. He landed a part-time business related / office job in Athens, so he'll be living in his apartment a few days of the week and here some too (we'll see how that really goes). I'm also thrilled that Matthew should be walking in the door any minute, after finishing his freshman year of college. He survived. So did we - as empty-nesters.

I'm basically thrilled that we leave for the airport hotel tomorrow afternoon to fly out at 7am Saturday to our happy place. BUT - I'm a bit frustrated. When we (I) scrapped our plans to go to the South Pacific for our 25th Anniversary in June in exchange for vacationing with our boys in AUA, Mike said we could only stay 4 nights, since we were using up double the points on 2 rooms. I was hoping for 5, but since I found an early flight that lands at 12:45pm and a late departure that leaves at 4:55pm, I figured it would be okay, since we'd have 1/2 days on Sat/Wed and full days Sun/Mon/Tues. Now that I'm packing, I'm disappointed that we'll be there such a short amount of time. I keep looking at my clothes, thinking I need more..... but I really don't! I know this is stupid. At least we're going right?! I keep telling myself that.

So Cheers, right? haha. TJ and friends just took the boat for their first dinner at lakefront restaurant. Matthew will likely cook burgers for a 2nd dinner. I think I'll heat up leftover chicken fajita meat now. I'm kinda hungry. Mike will get home late tonight.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:52 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Donna, nice to hear the update on your boys. Having a glass of chianti to go along with the pot of chicken cacciatore I made for tonight along with some rice and Italian bread. Cheers.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:01 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Late lunch at Qdoba.
I went for my first (deep tissue) massage. The focus is my neck and shoulder blade. I chose this route in lieu of another cortisone shot. Good Lord, I'm in serious pain right now. Ice on/ice off. Orthopedic doc said, if the massage therapy doesn't help, I'll have to have another shot. I'm not afraid of needles......those cortisone shots hurt like a SOB.

Donna......glad your boys are home for the summer. I totally understand what you mean about taking a short vacation.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:13 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers with water. We just had an italian calzone and chicken fingers. Real healthy. :lol: Enjoy the boys being home Donna. Enjoy your day off Maryann do something frivolous!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:00 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Had to settle for a tuna salad sandwich as we cleaned out the fridge till we return. Getting the last minute stuff done and the pool, etc. had 2 beers. I'll switch to rum later, watch the sunset and turn in earlier.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:03 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

got an early start at work and snuck out to go to the cemetery to see my mom. I figure i put in more than enough hours to cover the 2 1/2 i took today. actually felt good to get a way for a bit. the rest of the day went smoothly and I am actually caught up on both of my jobs :D

i had mussels and kenny had coconut shrimp. gatorade tonight. cheers!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:47 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Sam's Choice green onion smoked sausage and.....

RIP Nina

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:51 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Donna...feelings are valid ...no need to apologize for them! Delighted you will have your boys home for a bit! Looking forward to seeing you soon! Hugs! Oh, we had Donover steak and salad. I had wine at the Trop....water tonight!

Louis Tomlinson

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:22 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Chinese appetizers, pork fried rice, pork lo mein

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:52 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Tommy started dinner while I was grocery shopping. We had sauteed boneless chicken thighs with homemade tomatillo salsa, spaghetti squash and water.

Stop trying to make everyone happy --- you're not tequila!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:03 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers! In with Lites as pictured. I made an alfredo shrimp crab bay scallop sun dried tomato black olive mushroom red pepper thingy in the slow cooker. This one didn't turn out as well as my past mixes - I'm guessing the scallops messed it up. The taste was off, whatever. I still ate it. Too $$ to throw out.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:40 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

DonnaLee wrote:
Enjoy your day off, Maryanne. I started a HH post, but deleted when I saw Maryanne's pop up in the meantime. Here's what I'd typed.

So, I'm thrilled that TJ is home for summer... at least part of it. He landed a part-time business related / office job in Athens, so he'll be living in his apartment a few days of the week and here some too (we'll see how that really goes). I'm also thrilled that Matthew should be walking in the door any minute, after finishing his freshman year of college. He survived. So did we - as empty-nesters.

I'm basically thrilled that we leave for the airport hotel tomorrow afternoon to fly out at 7am Saturday to our happy place. BUT - I'm a bit frustrated. When we (I) scrapped our plans to go to the South Pacific for our 25th Anniversary in June in exchange for vacationing with our boys in AUA, Mike said we could only stay 4 nights, since we were using up double the points on 2 rooms. I was hoping for 5, but since I found an early flight that lands at 12:45pm and a late departure that leaves at 4:55pm, I figured it would be okay, since we'd have 1/2 days on Sat/Wed and full days Sun/Mon/Tues. Now that I'm packing, I'm disappointed that we'll be there such a short amount of time. I keep looking at my clothes, thinking I need more..... but I really don't! I know this is stupid. At least we're going right?! I keep telling myself that.

So Cheers, right? haha. TJ and friends just took the boat for their first dinner at lakefront restaurant. Matthew will likely cook burgers for a 2nd dinner. I think I'll heat up leftover chicken fajita meat now. I'm kinda hungry. Mike will get home late tonight.

I know you are disappointed in your limited time in Ar*ba, but any time away with your family is precious time making memories.

AUA #32 May '19
Boston/Baby Julian due Sept '19
AUA #33 Nov '19