All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Re: Dumb things.
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 2:20 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I used my rye toast this morning to test out the smoke detectors - all eight of them. :oops: Put the toast in the toaster and took the garbage out, when I came back I looked in the toaster oven...oh oh. Smoke was pouring out, so I flung open the doors and windows and flipped the attic fan on...all the while the little woman in the smoke detector as hollering that there was a fire along with the high pitched alarm :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:09 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Laura :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:24 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Replaced all the back up batteries in our smoke detectors and at 3am I hear chirp chirp chirp and it stops so I go towards where I think the source is , nope that’s not it up and down two flights of stairs for what seemed like hours still can’t find it so now I remove the batteries & take them down one at a time still can’t find the source, finally say screw it sit on the couch hear it again WTH .... it was the low battery warning for our portable phone Which was on the couch under a pillow

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 10:35 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

confused1 wrote:
Replaced all the back up batteries in our smoke detectors and at 3am I hear chirp chirp chirp and it stops so I go towards where I think the source is , nope that’s not it up and down two flights of stairs for what seemed like hours still can’t find it so now I remove the batteries & take them down one at a time still can’t find the source, finally say screw it sit on the couch hear it again WTH .... it was the low battery warning for our portable phone Which was on the couch under a pillow

Sorry... had to laugh out loud on that one!
I'm assuming that I have so many dumb moments that they just all run together, and consequently can't think of one right now.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 10:38 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Oh I know... this has happened multiple times to me... I've taken the land line phone w/ me in the car somewhere.
Then just recently, I'd taken Mom to the doctor in her car. We arrived back home and pulled into her garage. As I was parking/turning car off, one of our phones started ringing... but it didn't sound like my ringtone, so I told mom it was hers. She picked up her cell phone nothing.... phone still ringing, so I checked mine... nothing. We sat there dumbfounded. Traced it to her purse, and sure enough it was the house phone. What's almost worse is she answered it and then we sat in the car for 5 minutes while she talked, as if she'd lose the connection if we got OUT of the car and went IN the house where it's actually based. Geez. We got a good laugh.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 6:55 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

George left the gas grill on all night and told me in the morning that I have to keep a closer eye on him

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 9:19 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

arubalova wrote:
George left the gas grill on all night and told me in the morning that I have to keep a closer eye on him

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:56 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

arubalova wrote:

Oh boy.

I once left my car running overnight. We were heading out to eat so I had started the car to warm up. We then decided to just have something delivered. Mike went to leave for work the next morning and found it still running. The gas light was on. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:36 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Yesterday morning Evert and me were having breakfast. After 15 minutes I asked him what he is planning to do that day. He said: “Celebrating my birthday to begin with”. It totally slipped my mind. And we were talking about his birthday the evening before.... :oops:

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:11 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Had a moment this morning, so I'm at the car wash trying to go thru the automatic one, trying to put my money in and it won't take it! I'm looking at this saying the opening isn't big enough to take cash! WTF!!! Now I'm getting pi$$ed, I then realize, I'm trying to put it in the credit card slot not the money slot to the left :roll: :oops:

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:55 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

ronnieb wrote:
Had a moment this morning, so I'm at the car wash trying to go thru the automatic one, trying to put my money in and it won't take it! I'm looking at this saying the opening isn't big enough to take cash! WTF!!! Now I'm getting pi$$ed, I then realize, I'm trying to put it in the credit card slot not the money slot to the left :roll: :oops:

we understand Ronnie :mrgreen: