All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Global Entry
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:29 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Had my interview today. Quick, easy, painless. I "should" receive my card in the next 2 weeks.

I asked the officer if he could check on Mario's application status. He was nice enough to check and said his application is still pending. I told him, we applied on the same day. He said, his application is sitting on someones desk in the Vermont office. I asked if there's a number I can call to check it. Nope.....not really. I didn't want to 'push' it and ask if he could call. :roll:

Linda.....my interview was in RI.

Post subject: Re: Global Entry
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:06 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Hopefully, they'll get Mario's squared away soon.
I checked on my TSA Pre-Check. It doesn't expire until next spring, so I'll decide then if Global Entry seems worth it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:28 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

It is only $15 more for the global added onto the TSA pre-check as I recall.

Not all foreign airports have global but as we know Aruba does and several cruise terminals recognize it too.

Not sure what is involved with a renewal process. Has anybody done a renewal with global?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:31 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Thanks for the info, MaryLou. I'd definitely try to schedule us in Warwick if I could vs. having to go anywhere in the Boston area.

Hopefully Mario will have his appointment scheduled soon.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:55 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Linda when it came time for the final appt and interview I was able to select the day, time and location. There were 2 different airports to choose from. Hopefully, in your case, you will have Warwick as a choice.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:59 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

patsfan wrote:

Not all foreign airports have global but as we know Aruba does and several cruise terminals recognize it too.

Not sure what is involved with a renewal process. Has anybody done a renewal with global?

No foreign airports have Global Entry unless they have U.S. Pre-Clearance Customs set up. Only a few have that like Aruba and Dublin. Otherwise your Global Entry works when you arrive back into the U.S. from a foreign country and do U.S. Customs when you land.

You need to keep tabs on your own renewal - they will not notify you and if you miss the renewal period you get to start over with an interview, etc. The good news is that you can renew early. You can apply to have your Global Entry renewed up to a year before the expiration date. There's no penalty for renewing early, in the sense that it will still be valid for
five years from when your membership currently expires, and not five years from when you're approved. So you might as well renew early. Also, the expiration date will be on your birthday of the 5th year, not the date you applied. You might get some extra months past the 5 years. So the renewal period begins on your birthday one year prior to your expiration date.

37th trip to Aruba: New Year's Eve 2018/2019
Napa: March 2019
38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019
Boston: July 2019
Paris: Sept/Oct 2019
39th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2019

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:43 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

ArubaAmy wrote:
patsfan wrote:

No foreign airports have Global Entry unless they have U.S. Pre-Clearance Customs set up. Only a few have that like Aruba and Dublin. Otherwise your Global Entry works when you arrive back into the U.S. from a foreign country and do U.S. Customs when you land.

You need to keep tabs on your own renewal - they will not notify you and if you miss the renewal period you get to start over with an interview, etc. The good news is that you can renew early. You can apply to have your Global Entry renewed up to a year before the expiration date. There's no penalty for renewing early, in the sense that it will still be valid for
five years from when your membership currently expires, and not five years from when you're approved. So you might as well renew early. Also, the expiration date will be on your birthday of the 5th year, not the date you applied. You might get some extra months past the 5 years. So the renewal period begins on your birthday one year prior to your expiration date.

Amy, excellent info and advice....I will make a note so that we do not have to re-do the entire process from scratch as that would be a pain. Thank You!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:12 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

thanks Amy, i never even thought about that.