Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Re: Friday Morning
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:40 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

rubadom wrote:
Good morning good people. Its been some time since I posted here. We did not get to Aruba this year due to my severe lower back tbls. Long to talk about it and still in the severe trouble.

I tried every medical solution an it has not helped. The last solution most Dr.s suggest is major operation. Standing causes horrible pain....yet sitting does not and no pain at all! Its weird that most DR's. that are those type on this back tbls. do not recommend operation??????

Its been over a year trying to find a solution for a back operation to remove what solution can be operated on. No pills, have any cures and even water with Dr.'s help. ? ? ? Can anyone suggest Dr.???. Big Helper needed!!!Thanks :?

Hi Dom, I believe I pm'd you a while ago. I had back surgery 2 years ago at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. I had the same symptoms you are having, The diagnosis was spinal stenosis caused by Spondylolisthesis, which is a disc that is protruding and causing the spine to squeeze. My surgery was to push the disc back in place and fuse it there with two rods with a cage in between. They also decompressed by spine. I was up and walking a few steps a few hours after my surgery. I was out of work for 3 months but I was mobile and without pain. I can now do anything I want. My condition was caused by years of running on hard surfaces. If you pm me, I will send you my doctors name and telephone number.

Carol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:53 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning all. Opened up the windows for a bit of fresh Spring air and a few minutes later you could smell the smoke in the air... Geeze.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:55 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

rubadom wrote:
Good morning good people. Its been some time since I posted here. We did not get to Aruba this year due to my severe lower back tbls. Long to talk about it and still in the severe trouble.

I tried every medical solution an it has not helped. The last solution most Dr.s suggest is major operation. Standing causes horrible pain....yet sitting does not and no pain at all! Its weird that most DR's. that are those type on this back tbls. do not recommend operation??????

Its been over a year trying to find a solution for a back operation to remove what solution can be operated on. No pills, have any cures and even water with Dr.'s help. ? ? ? Can anyone suggest Dr.???. Big Helper needed!!!Thanks :?

So sorry to read of your continued back issues & pain, Dom. :( I have no recommendations, but offering prayers for help & relief soon.

AUA #33 Nov '19

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:59 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning. Taking a break more or less from cleaning today to get stuff ready for community tag sale tomorrow. Ronnie & Sue welcome home. Many times when we lived in CT got in house from Ar&ba after 2am. Cute Jackson pic Maryanne. Cap'n Tom, where's the smoke coming from? Colorado? :lol: Everyone enjoy as you get through this Friday!!,

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:12 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Afternoon.

Cloudy, 46°. Back from visiting my mom in NY. I'm a day late catching up in the swamp and doing my usual post get-away tasks. Had a 24 hr gi bug, so I just flopped on the couch all day yesterday. Still feel drained & exhausted today. Hope my mom doesn't get it.

Jackson is adorable, Maryanne.

Nice avatar pic, Susanna.

Love all the recent pics posted by swamp monkeys!!

Good luck with pipe installation & refrigerator issue, Linda.

Welcome home Ronnie & Sue.

Safe travels, Donna & Mike. Any luck finding FL property? Happy Birthday to your son. :D

What's causing the smoke smell, Tom?

Prayers are with those in need, dealing with health, family or life challenges.

AUA #33 Nov '19

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:09 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Good afternoon. I love all the pictures people are posting! I post pictures using Flikr from my computer and it's not difficult, but I wasn't able to use it for my phone. Glad this new method works for everyone.

Enjoy the rest of the day. HAPPY FRIDAY!

Stop trying to make everyone happy --- you're not tequila!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:56 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Maryanne, Jackson is so adorable! Those eyes!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:31 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

donnapCT wrote:
Good Afternoon.

Cloudy, 46°. Back from visiting my mom in NY. I'm a day late catching up in the swamp and doing my usual post get-away tasks. Had a 24 hr gi bug, so I just flopped on the couch all day yesterday. Still feel drained & exhausted today. Hope my mom doesn't get it.

Jackson is adorable, Maryanne.

Nice avatar pic, Susanna.

Love all the recent pics posted by swamp monkeys!!

Good luck with pipe installation & refrigerator issue, Linda.

Welcome home Ronnie & Sue.

Safe travels, Donna & Mike. Any luck finding FL property? Happy Birthday to your son. :D

What's causing the smoke smell, Tom?

Prayers are with those in need, dealing with health, family or life challenges.

Thanks Donna. No contracts yet. We really thought we were sold on Punta Gorda, but now that we've spent 5 days in Pensacola Beach.... we're wondering if we want to be closer to the beach... not necessarily on it. We visited some friends of ours off the water in Orange Beach, AL. They live in a Marina neighborhood where you can drive your golf cart to the restaurant/marina and watch sunset w/ friends in the nearby park type area. It was really cool. No condos though... all single family homes on stilts (no pools)... not really what we had in mind, but it was really cool. Several condos that we were interested in in Punta Gorda Isles have sold lately, but that's a good sign for the area, I guess. We're trying to not be in a hurry.