All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Re: Thursday wake up
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:35 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning!!! It's 0°F here in CT as I watch the sun come up over the Thames River. Had a really good time yesterday dancing at the Wolf Den to the music of Rag Doll, a Four Seasons tribute band. Heading out soon for breakfast buffet and hope it warms up close to the teens before we leave for home.
Thoughts and prayers for Tom's sister, that poor 13 year old and his family and all those in need today.
Stay safe and warm everyone and have a great Thursday!!!

Aug 2019 50th Anniversary trip to Divi AI

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:51 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning!
Ingrid, so heartbreaking. Having 2 teens myself, I have read a LOT about teen suicide, participated in a Will To Live fundraiser last weekend. It is thought that kids these days, everything is instant...with snapchat, instagram, you can see what you are NOT included in, what you DON'T have, what everyone is eating, doing, going...etc. It makes you feel isolated and less than. Kids are now taking their lives without a history of mental illness, it is just a snap reaction to something that set them off and they do the ultimate act, unfortunately thinking that will fix things. Spontaneously ending their life with no prior indications. We talk about this all the time in our home, as it is so prevalent. Suicide is never the answer and there is nothing they can do to make me stop loving them. No problem to big, nothing we can't talk about.
Ingrid, praying for that family, as they will never be the same.
Need to get some work done, have a WW meeting followed by a healthy lunch with some WW ladies I have connected with. Tumbling for Lilly, Work for Ian, meeting at the high school tonight. Some where hope to get a work out in.
Wishing everyone a great day. Stay warm!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:54 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

morning, 9 here so i guess we shouldn't complain. our front door lock is one of those turn handles. kenny opened it but when he went lock it the metal bar that goes into the jam was stuck. so what do you do, get a wrench.......guess what i need go buy :roll:

so sorry to hear about that boy. that fact that a 13 year old feels he has no alternative is so so sad. tom sorry to hear about your sister.

have a great day all

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:55 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

tara that paper plant is about 90 minutes north of us.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:04 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

dutchdushi wrote:
Good morning! I did work yesterday after all. Just too busy. And I am on duty for psycho social help. Mondayevening my beeper went off. A young boy of 13 hanged himself. He was rushed to hospital and at the intensive care. I had to arrange psychological help for his family and for the school the boy is attending, the school his 10 year old sister is attending and the sportclub he is a member of. Yesterday morning I got a call he will not make it, so I had to step up the support. Very sad, my heart goes out to the boy and his family. What on earth makes a 13 year old want to take his life!

So no way I could be ill, so painkillers kept me up. And since it is busy with my normal job as well, I decided I could use the time as well.

Today I feel a bit better. Working from home.

Sadly, it happens way to often. I read a story about a 10 year old boy in Kentucky hanging himself because of the bullying he received due to a medical condition he had since birth which required him to wear a colostomy bag. He was one of eight students that took their on life during this school year at Jefferson County Public Schools in Kentucky.

We'll be doing some caulking around windows that are leaking air and maybe a run to the grocery store for me.

RIP SJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:15 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning. Awoke to 41° and won't get much higher than 55° today. I remember the cold temps well when living in CT. Sometimes did my walk at -9°. No more, no way. Finishing up my real estate continuing ed. requirement for renewal. I did DW's for her cuz she's too busy. Drive up to Hidden Lakes (fly-in community) later as several pilot friends/clients asked at breakfast y'day for pre-flight review. Get some flight in next several weeks. Hoping those in brutal temps can endure and everyone enjoys this Thursday!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:21 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning....frost on the pumpkin here :wink: ...-2...grateful I can stay inside..even if it means tackling paperwork! Ingrid such a sad situation, prayers for all. DonnaLee did your mother sell her lake house? Wishing everyone a good day....stay warm, stay safe and enjoy today!

Louis Tomlinson

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:48 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning all, car said -5 on the way in bbrrrrrrr!!

Ingrid, that is so sad he felt there was no other option :(

Just a day in the office today. Have to stop & get stuff to make a low cal dessert, anyone have any ideas for something quick that I can get everything at a small grocery store?
Am thinking angel food cake with lite cool whip & berries.

Have a good day

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:07 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Good morning everyone! Brutally cold today. Staying in were it’s nice and warm. Have a great day all!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:32 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Ingrid - that poor boy and his family. Heartbreaking.... :cry:

Carolina, social media started out when Alyssa was a freshman in HS. I remember hearing about MySpace at a swim meet with one Mom asking the rest of us if we had heard of it. I hadn't and neither had the others - but researched it when I got home, then asked Alyssa if she had an account - and she did. At that point I realized that you can think you know everything about your child/teenager, but you don't and you probably never will. Fast forward to now, she and her husband have to literally stay on top of everything little "S" does because social media and technology have permeated their lives, and at a much younger age than they are mentally and emotionally equipped for.

Tom, I'm sorry to read about your sister. Sending prayers out to her and your family.

Let's all take a minute today to tell those we love, that we love them...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:40 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Good morning. It's 1° here in CT. My windshield wash was frozen this morning. Hopefully the sun heats it up enough during the day today so I can clean the spotted windshield.

Tommy and Levi headed out to work outside together today! He has sweatshirts, hats, Carhartt overalls, etc. in his truck. Don't know how he does it. The feels like temp is -15°.

Ingrid, thankfully you're there to help the family of the 13 yr old boy. I can't imagine anything that bad to consider taking your own life. One of our friends told us 3 teenagers have committed suicide in our town in the last few months.

We finally bought our airline tickets last night. These airlines are robbers. It gets worse every year. Thankfully there's something fantastic at the end of the flight!

Tom, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. Praying for her and your family.

Enjoy your day and stay warm.

Stop trying to make everyone happy --- you're not tequila!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:55 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Tbls today with the sending?????

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:06 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Late good morning to all. Off to do errands. It still "feels" cold with the temps in the mid-50's...cold north wind.
As CaribRJ says, it may not crest 60 this afternoon.
70's and 80's here next week and we'll be enjoying some Caribbean warmth...Tortola, St. Thomas and Nassau.
Have a good day!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:29 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good~morning!
Temperature right now is 0 degrees......high of 11! Bright side is the sun is shining ever so brightly! :)
So sad Ingrid.....and so young. Prayers for his family!
Have a nice day everyone!
48 days till SPRING!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:16 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning.
Ingrid....that poor child. Prayers for his family and friends.
Tom...so sorry to hear about your sister.
My friend Beth is having her foot amputated today. They will also close up her calf. She is/was in good spirits yesterday. I honestly don't think it's hit her yet. She was experiencing some phantom pain the other day. :( This is still so incredibly shocking.

March '19 - York, Maine
July '19 - Playa Del Carmen, MX