All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Saturday Dinner/HH
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:34 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I'm off to the store in a bit. Lucky's has bone in ribeyes for 6.99/lb. I'll probably grab a tater to go along with it. I'll have to see what looks good side wise at the store.

RIP Nina

Post subject: Re: Saturday Dinner/HH
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:39 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We'll have turkey meatballs over spaghetti squash tonight. Salad on the side.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:41 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Will start cooking dinner in half an hour or so. We will have grilled loin steak, french fries and green beans. A typical french menu. I will have a glass of merlot (or two) with it, Evert might splurge on a craft beer.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:41 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I’m in Ingrid’s time zone today. :wink: We just had a ham steak, potatoes and salad for lunch. It was supposed to be supper but we decided to go out for a few beers this afternoon and I know I won’t want to cook later. Plus we had nothing for breakfast and were hungry. We’ll probably bring home a bar pizza for later.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:43 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Beer and beer.

Had a nice FaceTime with Karen, Ronnie, & Sue.

Dick had a rush job to do, so out alone.

Nastrovia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:53 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I took some baked ziti out of the freezer and hope it reheats okay along with some extra meat sauce. Will also have some red wine which should surely make it taste good and I found a confetti cake mix and can of frosting in the cupboard that I'm making.

RIP SJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:10 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Theatre popcorn and water, snuck in, in my jacket; I hate paying for water. I had some bottles left over from my cottage trip.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:27 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

All the fixings for tacos..I make mine into a salad :wink: ....bubbly or pinot ...have not decided. Our good friend is joining us for dinner...have a good evening friends!

Louis Tomlinson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:27 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Having a pre-dinner nosh of pretzels and opened a bottle of Gruet rose brut (sparkling). Mike is my chef tonight (and most nights - lol!) and he is making Chicken Cacciatore with wheat pasta and a bottle of Louis Martini Cabarnet. After dinner we rented the movie The Darkest Hour to watch tonight.

Just got back from Aruba on Wednesday and took down the tree and decorations today...exhausted.

Enjoy, everyone!

37th trip to Aruba: New Year's Eve 2018/2019
Napa: March 2019
38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019
Boston: July 2019
Paris: Sept/Oct 2019

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:58 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

degored wrote:
I'm off to the store in a bit. Lucky's has bone in ribeyes for 6.99/lb. I'll probably grab a tater to go along with it. I'll have to see what looks good side wise at the store.

They ended up being 7.99 at the meat counter. The 6.99 was for the value pack. They ended up having broccoli for .98/lb, so I'm gonna roast it w/some garlic, lemon and EVOO. Store made guac w/Scoops too.

I'm having a liquid appetizer right now...a Market Garden Brewery Progress. Salute everyone!

RIP Nina

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:03 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Broiling lamb shoulder chops with mixed vegetables for a side. JWB for me pinot grigio for the mrs.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:37 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Now on to...Fireball.

RIP SJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:45 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We had a late lunch so not too hungry tonite. So, I made chicken quesadillas. DH donated blood today so he is drinking water, I am in with a nice local craft IPA.
Not happy with the driveway project. I expected a somewhat hard surface and it seems very soft in places. Hoping that it will not wash away with the first hard rain. SIL came over and drove up and down and around and around. I won't be surprised if he does it again tomorrow......
On the other hand, I am very happy with my Alexa/Bose pairing. We can sit in the living room, say Alexa, play acoustic music at volume 5 in everywhere group. It starts to play in the bedroom, kitchen and living room. Then we say, Alexa...turn on the kitchen lights at 50%. On, they come. Alexa, turn on the living room fan at 20%. On, it comes. Alexa turn on the Bose and play country music. On comes Willie Nelson.
Jackson, our Grandson may have his first cold. He had a little temperature yesterday with a non-stop runny nose and is running a little temp again today.
Have a wonderful Saturday nite! I think there is another beer in the fridge waiting to be opened!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:55 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Maryanne wrote:
We had a late lunch so not too hungry tonite. So, I made chicken quesadillas. DH donated blood today so he is drinking water, I am in with a nice local craft IPA.
Not happy with the driveway project. I expected a somewhat hard surface and it seems very soft in places. Hoping that it will not wash away with the first hard rain. SIL came over and drove up and down and around and around. I won't be surprised if he does it again tomorrow......
On the other hand, I am very happy with my Alexa/Bose pairing. We can sit in the living room, say Alexa, play acoustic music at volume 5 in everywhere group. It starts to play in the bedroom, kitchen and living room. Then we say, Alexa...turn on the kitchen lights at 50%. On, they come. Alexa, turn on the living room fan at 20%. On, it comes. Alexa turn on the Bose and play country music. On comes Willie Nelson.
Jackson, our Grandson may have his first cold. He had a little temperature yesterday with a non-stop runny nose and is running a little temp again today.
Have a wonderful Saturday nite! I think there is another beer in the fridge waiting to be opened!!

Su*cks that you aren't happy with the driveway.
On to Alexa.....when you say, Alexa clean the house and do the laundry, and "she" does, sign me up!!! :lol: :lol:

Poor little Jackson. Hope he feels better tomorrow.

May ‘19 - New Hampshire
July '19 - Playa Del Carmen, MX

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:09 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

MLL66 wrote:
Maryanne wrote:

Su*cks that you aren't happy with the driveway.
On to Alexa.....when you say, Alexa clean the house and do the laundry, and "she" does, sign me up!!! :lol: :lol:

Poor little Jackson. Hope he feels better tomorrow.