All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Thursday Dinner and HH
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:37 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Well, I have a turkey meatloaf in the oven, will have some broccoli tots with it. There is a Grey Goose Cosmopolitan sitting in a pretty glass next to me, it will be empty very soon. The driveway project came to a standstill when the contractor ran out of material. When it was delivered this morning, I doubted there was enough to finish the project, but what do I know? Seems that I was right. He wants $300 to buy more material and finish. He had to leave to buy a tire for his truck so he can haul 3 truckloads of material. So, he was here for less than 3 hours. Crossing my fingers and toes that he actually comes back tomorrow and is able to finish. Since it is a family owned small business, we really wanted to help promote their business. Now, I am not 100% happy and not feeling like giving him a great rating on Facebook. Worse things have happened......Seems silly to complain considering what others are going thru.
Life is good!!! Wicked good.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:45 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Seeing we were in with the doctors office most of the day Nancy was smart enough to make beef stew in the crockpot. The usual for me and red wine for her.
Doctor says Nancy probably has a touch of the flu. Bunch of blood work for her tomorrow. Great news for us. I seriously was thinking heart related so no change in plans, Aruba in 19 days.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:15 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Glad not a heart thing for Nancy. Hope she feels better soon. We had leftover pot roast with fresh rice and carrots. Water here still - feel like I’m going to float away at this point. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:21 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

The wind is still blowing like an SOB. :evil: I had a lazy day with a good nap in the afternoon. Having some red wine and making sloppy joes for dinner. Cheers.

RIP SJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:50 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

froggy wrote:
Seeing we were in with the doctors office most of the day Nancy was smart enough to make beef stew in the crockpot. The usual for me and red wine for her.
Doctor says Nancy probably has a touch of the flu. Bunch of blood work for her tomorrow. Great news for us. I seriously was thinking heart related so no change in plans, Aruba in 19 days.

George had some dizzy/fainting spells about 2-3 years ago. Got a complete work up from a cardiologist including an angiogram and all was negative. Turned out that his blood pressure was dropping when he moved around, bent down, got up, etc. Doc told him to use more salt and drink Gatorade to get blood volume up. Does she check her BP when the dizziness occurs? Of course there are alot of different reasons for dizziness.

RIP SJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:53 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cooked a small boneless chicken breast in crockpot (think it needed less time than I allowed :roll: ).Put fresh spinach, carrots and celery in also...made a nice veggie. Mashed potatoes and a salad....oh and the juices made great gravy! I had pinot he had ice tea. yes Maryanne...life is wicked good tonight! :D

Louis Tomlinson

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:57 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Laura, the doc did the sit down stand up lay down routine a few times and no change in BP. Very thorough testing today. Thanks for the tips.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:29 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

froggy wrote:
Laura, the doc did the sit down stand up lay down routine a few times and no change in BP. Very thorough testing today. Thanks for the tips.

OK. Hopefully it's just a passing thing like the doc said.

RIP SJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:31 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Us as well

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:18 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Happy to hear all seems well for Nancy.

Maryanne, I had the same thing with my painter. I can't post a rave review but I touched up and it's done. Today's plumber was fantastic...I called a new guy after the last one. It remains to be seen as to the flooring guy on Monday.

Supper was a slider and fries shared at the bar. Now home drinking the last of my Aruba beer.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:49 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Donovers chick parmigiana.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:52 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Just checked in to the queen mary. Ok i knew it was a ship but I wasnt ready for the room to be the actual original staterooms. Not a fan of small spaces.

meeting our japanese supplier for dinner at 8. Not even hungry , just want to go to bed. Its been a long day

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:33 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I brought Arby's fish sandwiches home after work (again, as I did Tuesday) about 7:30 tonight. Started HH with a Founder's Porter, yum, now chasing it with one or more..... Lites. Cheers!