The Aruba Forums
It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Our newest adventure
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:40 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Sounds like fun!!
Happy house hunting. :D

May ‘19 - New Hampshire
July '19 - Playa Del Carmen, MX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:40 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

CGO wrote:
karen1 wrote:
confused1 wrote:

If you have watched house hunters seems like everyone on the show has a budget of $500,000 - $1.5 for getaway homes, our budget is much less hence the comment about normals.

Yeah, and they are '12' :lol:

Enjoy your time at the Villages.

I have always been amazed on these shows......"She's 25 and knits wall coverings out of spider webs, He's 27 and makes sculptures out of rubber bands.....our budget is 1.5 million"
Who are these strange people? I totally get the "normals"!

So true!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

May ‘19 - New Hampshire
July '19 - Playa Del Carmen, MX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:00 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Spent yesterday with JoAnn, Neil, Doreen and Mike in Mike and Doreen’s community. We visited with Nash and Boone for a bit, Mike showed us around the area then we had lunch on the waterfront, really nice day with great company.
Today another meeting with realtor.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:37 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Sounds great, Tom. Remind me where PL Mike lives. I was thinking both him and Maryanne were further inland than the coast, but you mentioned waterfront.... so maybe lakes/rivers? We leave on Thursday... changed up our itinerary a bit. We're realizing PG probably isn't for us, so stopping in Bradenton on the way to PG, and then will stop again in Sarasota area on way back up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:57 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

DonnaLee wrote:
Sounds great, Tom. Remind me where PL Mike lives. I was thinking both him and Maryanne were further inland than the coast, but you mentioned waterfront.... so maybe lakes/rivers? We leave on Thursday... changed up our itinerary a bit. We're realizing PG probably isn't for us, so stopping in Bradenton on the way to PG, and then will stop again in Sarasota area on way back up.

We live about 15 miles inland south of Ocala and north of Tampa just outside the little burg of Beverly Hills. We spend a lot of time in and around the Gulf and Kings Bay without having to worry about coastal flooding.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:04 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

CGO wrote:
karen1 wrote:
confused1 wrote:

If you have watched house hunters seems like everyone on the show has a budget of $500,000 - $1.5 for getaway homes, our budget is much less hence the comment about normals.

Yeah, and they are '12' :lol:

Enjoy your time at the Villages.

I have always been amazed on these shows......"She's 25 and knits wall coverings out of spider webs, He's 27 and makes sculptures out of rubber bands.....our budget is 1.5 million"
Who are these strange people? I totally get the "normals"!

So true :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:08 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

DonnaLee wrote:

Have you thought about stopping in Venise or Englewood while you’re down that way?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:14 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Pat7 wrote:
DonnaLee wrote:

Have you thought about stopping in Venise or Englewood while you’re down that way?

Yes, we're sort of lumping Bradenton to Venice in the "Sarasota visits." Not positive about Englewood - that may get covered w/ Punta Gorda realtor. We've definitely looked at stuff online in Englewood.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:29 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

PlayaLindaMike wrote:
DonnaLee wrote:

We live about 15 miles inland south of Ocala and north of Tampa just outside the little burg of Beverly Hills. We spend a lot of time in and around the Gulf and Kings Bay without having to worry about coastal flooding.

Gotcha - So sort of bt the coast and Villages. Nice. We will likely be travelling through there late at night in both directions, so I won't wake up Nash's beauty sleep. We were supposed to start heading home on Saturday the 19th with a possible brief stop in the Villages, but Mike realized that a couple ODU football players will be in the East West Shriners (??) game on Saturday afternoon, so I guess we are staying for that and then rushing to get out of FL.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:26 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

DonnaLee wrote:
PlayaLindaMike wrote:
DonnaLee wrote:

Gotcha - So sort of bt the coast and Villages. Nice. We will likely be travelling through there late at night in both directions, so I won't wake up Nash's beauty sleep. We were supposed to start heading home on Saturday the 19th with a possible brief stop in the Villages, but Mike realized that a couple ODU football players will be in the East West Shriners (??) game on Saturday afternoon, so I guess we are staying for that and then rushing to get out of FL.

If your plans change, you are always welcome.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:47 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

We live in Lakewood Ranch which is in East Bradenton, on the Sarasota county border. Lakewood ranch is a green community. There is a ton of building in this area. If you have any questions about communities, send me an email to igelber@verizon.net

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:57 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Today was a total real estate day, same thing planned for tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:12 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

ilene13 wrote:
We live in Lakewood Ranch which is in East Bradenton, on the Sarasota county border. Lakewood ranch is a green community. There is a ton of building in this area. If you have any questions about communities, send me an email to igelber@verizon.net

That's an area that was mentioned to us by a couple of people.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:00 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Tom, it's been 48 hours since your last update......... Other than the good food you are eating, how's the trip going? :lol: We start our adventure tomorrow. Not sure how far into FL we will get tomorrow, but we need to be in Bradenton by 10:30am on Friday.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:40 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Donna, we are having a good time learning a lot. JoAnn & Neil have been helpful beyond belief. We are leaving the villages tomorrow heading to Saint Augustine until 1/15 then coming back here for another week. We’ve seen a lot of nice houses but nothing Karen’s walked in and said wow over, when she does that will be the one so might be down here several more times over the next several months.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next