All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Wednesday HH
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:28 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Okay, so....today we did our Put the TV on the Wall project. 65 curved 4K. It looks awesome!! DH is an Electrician and will wire it behind the wall. No wires will be showing! We painted the wall black. It looks like a movie theatre!
I am in with Pinot Grigio!
Damn, life is GOOD

Post subject: Re: Wednesday HH
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:37 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good job Maryann! We are heading out for pizza and beer soon. We have a repair guy replacing the igniter in our oven and he is wicked chatty! Informative but move it along. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:59 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Just burgers and fries tonight and my usual JWB and Nancy with pinot grigio.
Maryann, can you post a pic? Do you have a cable box and blue ray player set up as well? Are you using shelving? Loved to see a pic.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:25 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I made ribs, baked beans, salad~ Milk to drink.............

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:12 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

found a couple of porkloin slices in the freezer, i had those and kenny had leftover bag meal. sn*w stayed south of us so we just got flurries :D just gatorade tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:32 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers, just water here. I got so much done in 2 hours today, I was home by 10:30 :D I had 'my' electrician come Monday and he installed some new LED fixtures. Buddy has great visibility peeing at night now. :wink: I chose LED fixtures just by chance as they were the style I was looking for and then saw never change a bulb. Great no getting up on ladders.... but then many days later I thought... so if the fixture goes dark I need to hire an electrician and buy the whole unit instead of changing a bulb? So I started researching how long do they really last; I laughed when they said you would need to change the fixture to update your decor by the time the light went out. Obviously they don't know how often I change fixtures :lol: Hopefully they will last until I sell this place. :? What does DH the electrician think of the integrated LED fixtures Maryann? (I even learned about the Kelvin scale which makes a big difference in the colour of light.)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:48 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

karen1 wrote:
Cheers, just water here. I got so much done in 2 hours today, I was home by 10:30 :D I had 'my' electrician come Monday and he installed some new LED fixtures. Buddy has great visibility peeing at night now. :wink: I chose LED fixtures just by chance as they were the style I was looking for and then saw never change a bulb. Great no getting up on ladders.... but then many days later I thought... so if the fixture goes dark I need to hire an electrician and buy the whole unit instead of changing a bulb? So I started researching how long do they really last; I laughed when they said you would need to change the fixture to update your decor by the time the light went out. Obviously they don't know how often I change fixtures :lol: Hopefully they will last until I sell this place. :? What does DH the electrician think of the integrated LED fixtures Maryann?

Karen, we changed over to all LED lights. It was crazy expensive, to buy all the LED bulbs but it has paid for itself. When you see how long the bulbs last and how energy efficient they are, it really is cost effective. Our electric bill is very low. We have a Smart House where lights are programmed to go on and off at certain times. LED lights cost next to nothing to run. Private message me any questions and DH will help you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:53 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Nope, no questions just curious what he thought about them, but since you have them I take it, he approves. I changed several bulbs to LED bulbs but these new LED fixtures you can't access the bulb, it's a sealed fixture.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:05 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers! Been in - planning for an excursion next week. And dealing with some stupid "post-semester" school issues.