It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:10 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

He led a full and life, accomplished so much and is now at rest with his beloved wife Barbara and daughter Robin. May he rest in peace.

RIP SJ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:30 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Ditto. Great war Hero. He should have been a 2 term President but the people read his lips.
RIP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:24 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

What a kind soul he was. Barry and I missed him by an hour when he and Barbara visited Bentley's Saloon, a unique biker bar in Arundel Maine. I would have given anything to have seen them sitting next to the big brass pig, under the brassieres hanging from the ceiling.
He also understood the value of cool socks.
RIP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:53 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I admired George HW. here's a photo I took a few years ago at the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola, FL.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:55 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Such a wonderful man. He is now with his beloved and their daughter in Heaven.
I have his book "All The Best, George Bush" a collection of the letters he wrote over the years. He was one of the great letter writers. Some are funny, some poignant, but all give you an incredible view into who he really was. He wrote his mom religiously and the letters he wrote her around the time of Robin's passing are heartbreaking. How he loved the "Hey Dad" and patting the crew cuts on their boys...he missed the "Hey Daddy" and ruffling her curls, her sweet hugs....that he hoped the boys would not be jealous that they put Robin's portrait in the "Pride of Place" in the dining room. He missed his little girl. It is such an amazingly personal view into someone...from writing Gorbachev (sp?) to Tiger Woods...he was a letter writer, a lost art these days. Anyway, if you are looking for a good read, pick up a copy.
All the best! (where I got that from)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:58 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

CGO wrote:
I have his book "All The Best, George Bush" a collection of the letters he wrote over the years. He was one of the great letter writers. Some are funny, some poignant, but all give you an incredible view into who he really was. He wrote his mom religiously and the letters he wrote her around the time of Robin's passing are heartbreaking. How he loved the "Hey Dad" and patting the crew cuts on their boys...he missed the "Hey Daddy" and ruffling her curls, her sweet hugs....that he hoped the boys would not be jealous that they put Robin's portrait in the "Pride of Place" in the dining room. He missed his little girl. It is such an amazingly personal view into someone...from writing Gorbachev (sp?) to Tiger Woods...he was a letter writer, a lost art these days. Anyway, if you are looking for a good read, pick up a copy.

A beautiful tribute to a wonderful American President, Carolina. Thank you. <3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:16 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:53 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

CGO wrote:

Thanks for the book suggestion - I'm sure George would love it. Good Christmas present.

RIP SJ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:22 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

RIP
He’s with his Barbara now.

I’ll have to get that book at the library.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:19 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Dignity and grace! And a master of international relations. I have so enjoyed (you know what I mean ) reading the tributes today from those within and outside of politics. I did admire him as our president. High government officials would go to Kennebunkport to meet with him after he was no longer president....fly into Portland airport...look around for a driver...and low and behold...George and Barbara drove over to pick them up! Truly a very good persident and a very good man.

Coach Brian Stone