It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:04 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Words flow from my mouth like water from a fountain...( or so some say )...You in the swamp would know that is true.
My actions since my stokes have been wild and often.
One moment I am flying high ( like I am on speed ) and the next moment...You could not move me with a bull dozer :lol:

The doctor says this is part of a brain leaking on a normal brain...Pressure against the rational part of my brain.

I have always been a male with emotion, but since all this, I can cry at anything, and I mean anything....I am driving along and out of the blue start crying un controlably like a 10 year old girl...( for like 30 seconds ) and then stop on a dime, and not know why it happened.

The nice thing about this is that Georgene has wanted to hold my hand ( affection ) has never been her strong suite.

What bothers me is that my sons and her are on me...( like calling me, asking if they can help )...George offered to scatch my back :shock:

This worries me...They ( my sons and George ) feel like I am in danger...While ...I...Feel like life as usual.

Most people would not say what I am going to say, because they fear that they will look at them weird, but ever since I was a young lad, about 8 to 10 years of age...I have heard words, and at times felt a hand on my shoulder :roll:

There is no pattern to all this, exept it comes at quiet times, or times of distress, and since the strokes, I have not heard it...It's 4 words and only 4 words, at times I feel a hand on my shoulder, at times not...it's a male voice, and it is a voice I would like to hear often.

I don't look at death as a end, but as a begining...Where does that mind set come from ( I have no idea )...It has just always been there.

" It will be OK "...I have heard these words ever since I was a young lad...Not like a voice from outside me, but more like a voice inside me....( the hand on my shoulder...I have no idea ) :roll:

I have only spoken to Georgene and my Mother about this...George looks at me weird, and my Mother thanks the Lord. :lol: :lol:

I don't have a religious bone in my body, but ever since I was a young lad, I have felt comfort in the end of my life..( like I do not care )

I am told I should care, if not for me, for my family.

I think I know what they don't know..." It will be OK "

Why am I sharing this?....It's the swamp, a place to share and not be judged...if my sharing helps some one share then it is all good.

I feel weird in all this ( even as a young lad, it felt weird )...are there powers above us all, I would guess so.

I don't look at death as a end, but as a begining...Where does that mind set come from ( I have no idea )...It has just always been there.

Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened. :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:09 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I think you are very fortunate that you have this to help you cope with the hardest fact of life; that this life on this planet will end one day. Most people are scared of death. The fact that you are not, makes you a very fortunate man.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:23 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Wow, wow...I don't know what to say except I would be remiss if I didn't say something. Brain, leaking on a normal brain, well I don't know what to think of that, but are you sure you have any 'normal' brain. Maybe there will be no damage there :mrgreen: . I really think you should book a trip to Ar8ba early April and we can discuss in depth :D My humour is the way I deal with stuff, it's not to make light of anything, it's just who I am. You are scaring me....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:35 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Nice piece Dan....looks like your brain is still working. :D Sending hugs and prayers!

Coach Brian Stone

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:41 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

It must by your Guardian Angel and I'm with your mother on this. I'm not sure about the crying spells other than maybe it's a chemical imbalance after the stroke. It's hard to believe that Georgene isn't affectionate with you the larger than life teddy bear. TIA (mini strokes) are a warning sign and your family realizes that you have some serious issues. Hopefully all will be okay. Milk it while you can :wink: After Karen's comment, I just couldn't resist this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Pw0xX4DXI

RIP SJ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:42 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Yup, Bud, you got this!!! I am so blessed to have met you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:38 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

dan i just love your posts, you're open and honest with yourself. im glad you/we have this place to share. hugs

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:58 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

A common occurrence after a stroke... crying over anything..you truly have a spiritual side of you ...been looking after you for your whole life and will always be with you!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:24 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

BP,
You may say you don’t have a religious bone in your body but you have quite a few spiritual bones in that body of yours. Call it whatever name you are most comfortable with, a guiding hand, the Holy Spirit, your guardian angel, intuition.... you have a highly developed spiritual and emotional side that is nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed by. It is not unmanly or weird, in fact it shows me you are very much in tune and comfortable with who you are and I love that you don’t put up a fake macho persona. We are so blessed to have you in the swamp and we want you here for years to come. So take care of yourself, enjoy the coddling and attention from loved ones and continue to share that great big heart with all of us lucky enough to be in the swamp with you. Hugs!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:35 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

ann wrote:
Nice piece Dan....looks like your brain is still working. :D Sending hugs and prayers!

X2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:53 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

((((HUGS)))))

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:59 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Hugs Bp :)
Deb.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:56 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

CGO wrote:
BP,
You may say you don’t have a religious bone in your body but you have quite a few spiritual bones in that body of yours. Call it whatever name you are most comfortable with, a guiding hand, the Holy Spirit, your guardian angel, intuition.... you have a highly developed spiritual and emotional side that is nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed by. It is not unmanly or weird, in fact it shows me you are very much in tune and comfortable with who you are and I love that you don’t put up a fake macho persona. We are so blessed to have you in the swamp and we want you here for years to come. So take care of yourself, enjoy the coddling and attention from loved ones and continue to share that great big heart with all of us lucky enough to be in the swamp with you. Hugs!

What Carolina said :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:10 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Hugs time 50 for taking the time for this. :) :) :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:16 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Hugs from me too Dan