All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: TGIF Dinner and HH?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:39 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

One baby is home, so his choice for dinner is grilled steaks (rib eyes), baked potatoes. Of course, I'll add in either broccoli or salad, along w/ corn on the cob. Grandma is coming too.

How about you?

Post subject: Re: TGIF Dinner and HH?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:35 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We are in Cincinnati at oldest daughter's house. Her honey is a master at making pizza, I am sitting with a glass of wine listening to them cook. Damn, life is good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:11 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Pasta and veggie concoction. I shovelled 2x the steps, driveway and Buddy's racetrack and then finally sn*wblowed when it started to rain/ice and it got too heavy. It's all rain out there now but I couldn't risk letting mother nature do clean up in case it froze before 'she' was finished . On the up side, I skipped indoor exercise today and I rather enjoyed being outside being productive. Just yesterday on our walk I said to Buddy 'I miss spending our days outside' :lol: Just water here, cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:39 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

New recipe for us...chicken and 4 cheese lasagna (not diet delight :wink: ), salad and garlic bread are the sides....may open bubbly tonight...friend joining us for dinner. Cheers! :D

Coach Brian Stone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:16 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I'm having a Bud and a nip or 2 then frying up cube steaks with rice. I got an email today from the Divi/Tam cyber Monday coming up 11-26-18, 50% off!!! An ocean view room is now $738 per night :lol: But the special cyber pricing brings it to $369 per night :lol: WOW what a deal $2583 for 7 days, then you have to add flights, and the dates are only from 4-21-19 to 12-22-19, what a scam their running.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:19 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

ronnieb wrote:
I'm having a Bud and a nip or 2 then frying up cube steaks with rice. I got an email today from the Divi/Tam cyber Monday coming up 11-26-18, 50% off!!! An ocean view room is now $738 per night :lol: But the special cyber pricing brings it to $369 per night :lol: WOW what a deal $2583 for 7 days, then you have to add flights, and the dates are only from 4-21-19 to 12-22-19, what a scam their running.

Wowza! We had a salad, spaghetti and meatballs and some garlic bread. A gin and tonic before dinner and some red wine with. Cheers.

RIP SJ

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:24 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers
I’ve never booked cyber Monday for the Divi
I get a cheaper rate as a package

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:27 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

kathy&jim wrote:
Cheers
I’ve never booked cyber Monday for the Divi
I get a cheaper rate as a package

Same here Kat, I can get in there earlier for $3200-$3400 for everything. So it looks like the October/November crew is done, last one leaving Linda today?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:31 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

One large anchovy pizza and one small pepperoni pizza washed down with a diet ginger ale.
After dinner drink JWB.
Hope Linda and Ken after an uneventful flight.
Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:46 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

froggy wrote:
One large anchovy pizza and one small pepperoni pizza washed down with a diet ginger ale.
After dinner drink JWB.
Hope Linda and Ken after an uneventful flight.
Cheers

5 hours in the airport, Linda's not happy! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:54 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers! In with the first of a stock of 16 oz. Lites. I lo ve the larger can with the screw-off top and they have usually been quite a bit pricier per ounce. I've found some deals.... Today I got a 15-pack (240 oz.) for less than $15. That's just over 6¢/oz. I usually get a 30-pk of 12 oz. cans, 360 oz. for $23, also just a bit over 6¢/oz. :D :D :D

Lunch/supper I had thawed and nuked a thick pork chop smothered with Bavarian kraut. Yum yum.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:14 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

ronnieb wrote:

Yes we got ours too but didn't look at the pricing yet. Holy moly that has really gone up!! We have been talking about doing Dutch Village instead as we don't eat/drink that much to justify AI but I do love being right on the beach.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:31 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Picked up a rotisserie split turkey breast, honey crisp apples and a large mediterranean salad that was delicious!! My donovers for the next few days. :D

AUA #32 May '19
Oahu #3 Aug/Sept '19
AUA #33 Nov '19

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:28 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Pammy wrote:
ronnieb wrote:

Yes we got ours too but didn't look at the pricing yet. Holy moly that has really gone up!! We have been talking about doing Dutch Village instead as we don't eat/drink that much to justify AI but I do love being right on the beach.

Yea, the Divi/Tam is pricing themselves out of the market and plenty places to stay for less for the quality of the food they serve now. They are selling beach front now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:53 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Pammy wrote:
ronnieb wrote:

I've been thinking the same too, Pammy. I wanted to try the Manchebo but too expensive. I'm the same way..don't need AI..I wouldn't be able to justify it. Isn't Divi Dutch on the beach?