All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Re: Saturday HH
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:42 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers, Had a couple Lites this afternoon playing some variation of Chinese Checkers with family & friends.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:07 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

karen1 wrote:
dutchdushi wrote:
Had some red wines and some limoncello as I really needed them. My mother is really pushing it. It seems she is determined to make her final years as miserable as she can. Anyway, going to visit her tomorrow. Not looking forward to that. About to go to bed, as it is almost midnight here.

Do you think she is pushing your buttons because you are going away? Do you call her when you are away? I find Mom is better now that I call every day that I am gone.

I don’t know. She has periods that she is like this. I phone her every day no matter where I am, but when she is like this, she will not pick up the phone or just snap at me and hang up. She gains something from it, but it beats me what. I guess she can just feel miserable and blame us.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:35 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I'd still continue with the phone calls even if they result in hangups, even just for your sake so you don't end up with any misplaced guilt if something should ever happen. It makes it especially hard on you since you are going away; takes away some of the joy. Just know you are doing the best that you can.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:30 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Sorry Ingrid. Like Karen said...continue to hold up your end. Your mother is making her choice....we can't change the behavior of others, only how we react to that behavior. Hugs!

Coach Brian Stone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:29 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

ann wrote:
Sorry Ingrid. Like Karen said...continue to hold up your end. Your mother is making her choice....we can't change the behavior of others, only how we react to that behavior. Hugs!

I agree. Hugs to you - hope today goes well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:00 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Thank you all. Today was not really nice, but not as bad as I feared. Yes, it is her choice, I can’t make her happy, only she herself can.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:24 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

dutchdushi wrote:
karen1 wrote:
dutchdushi wrote:
Had some red wines and some limoncello as I really needed them. My mother is really pushing it. It seems she is determined to make her final years as miserable as she can. Anyway, going to visit her tomorrow. Not looking forward to that. About to go to bed, as it is almost midnight here.

Do you think she is pushing your buttons because you are going away? Do you call her when you are away? I find Mom is better now that I call every day that I am gone.

I don’t know. She has periods that she is like this. I phone her every day no matter where I am, but when she is like this, she will not pick up the phone or just snap at me and hang up. She gains something from it, but it beats me what. I guess she can just feel miserable and blame us.

I always thought people would mellow with age but as I get older I can understand why they are crabby. Their bodies are breaking down, they can't do what they used to and they are getting closer to dying. I hope I don't become one of those crabby old forts. :wink:

RIP SJ