The Aruba Forums
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here



CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Hurricane Michael HH
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:35 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:25 pm
Posts: 4392
Location: Central Florida
Michael was very good to us. Sure worrying about our family and friends in harms way. We are in with Red for DH and Pinot Grigio for me. Life is good.

_________________
Keep your hands to yourself. Leave other people's things alone. Be kind to one another.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hurricane Michael HH
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:08 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:07 pm
Posts: 18010
Location: Connecticut
In with a cold Bud here after getting good news from my dentist, I won't be losing any teeth :D Not as bad as first thought, just one major cavity and a crown on it :D Life is good Maryanne!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hurricane Michael HH
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:17 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:17 pm
Posts: 5148
Location: Pittsburgh,PA
Great news for both of you :D

I am in with tea. Will be making grilled cheese & salami for dinner

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hurricane Michael HH
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:19 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 7:13 pm
Posts: 26868
Location: Long Island
Good news Maryanne and Ronnie. We're supposed to have some heavy downpours tomorrow. I'm "dog-tired" :lol: after eight hours on my feet at the cat house. Benji was talkative today, but I didn't have extra time to sit with him :!: Gin and tonic and George made a macaroni beef casserole for dinner. Cheers.

_________________
Laura

RIP SJ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hurricane Michael HH
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:33 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:24 pm
Posts: 5624
Location: New England
So happy you are safe and Michael was easy on you MaryAnne. The clips they are showing on the news are incredibly scary. Prayers to those in Michaels path.
Good news Ronnie!!
Grilling filets. Sides will be oven roasted asparagus and broccoli.

_________________
M&M

March 2019 Playa Del Carmen, MX


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hurricane Michael HH
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:34 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 1:20 pm
Posts: 30480
Location: MA
Cheers
Hoping all our friends in the storm path are safe and continue to be!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hurricane Michael HH
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:20 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:25 pm
Posts: 4392
Location: Central Florida
Just got a call from one of my Boston friends, she will be in the area on Sat and we will meet up. I will be doing the happy happy joy joy dance until Saturday.

_________________
Keep your hands to yourself. Leave other people's things alone. Be kind to one another.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hurricane Michael HH
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:12 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2002 4:05 pm
Posts: 23543
Location: New Hampshire/Aruba
Homemade pizza...on store bought base :wink: I had pinot...he had ice tea. Prayers for all in Michael's path....hope those who elected to stay remain safe!

_________________
"There are two things you can control in life: effort and attitude"

Coach Brian Stone


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hurricane Michael HH
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:19 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 1:36 pm
Posts: 9337
Location: Bayville NJ
glad to hear you escaped the storm maryanne. great news ronnie. dr was 2 hours behind on proceedures this morning, I didn't get into the room until 12:30, done by 1. nurse came by after laughing and said i was funny :shock: apparently i was very happy coming out of the anesthesia :lol:

still dont feel like eating much, had small portion of chicken florentine (bag meal of course) and some ice cream

_________________
Linda

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hurricane Michael HH
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:45 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:02 am
Posts: 14583
Location: Massachusetts
Maryann, glad you were spared. The damage looks terrible in other areas. :(
We had pizza and beer with friends celebrating a birthday. Home now relaxing.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hurricane Michael HH
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:49 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2002 6:48 pm
Posts: 23442
Location: Templetucky, Georgia, USA
Having taught HS in Panama City and living in Mexico Beach, And having my frst two charter boats at Panama City Beach, I am devastated by the photos and videos I've seen. Back then, I owned a nice home just a block from the beach about 3 miles east of Mexico Beach that is most likely gone... Here's to those most affected by this destruction.

_________________
An Osprey, Fort Matanzas National Monument, a bit South of St. Augustine, FL. Dec 11th
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hurricane Michael HH
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:59 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:02 am
Posts: 14583
Location: Massachusetts
Cap'n Tom wrote:
Having taught HS in Panama City and living in Mexico Beach, And having my frst two charter boats at Panama City Beach, I am devastated by the photos and videos I've seen. Back then, I owned a nice home just a block from the beach about 3 miles east of Mexico Beach that is most likely gone... Here's to those most affected by this destruction.


Hope your friends and former students evacuated and are safe.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hurricane Michael HH
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:04 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2002 6:48 pm
Posts: 23442
Location: Templetucky, Georgia, USA
Pat7 wrote:
Cap'n Tom wrote:
Having taught HS in Panama City and living in Mexico Beach, And having my frst two charter boats at Panama City Beach, I am devastated by the photos and videos I've seen. Back then, I owned a nice home just a block from the beach about 3 miles east of Mexico Beach that is most likely gone... Here's to those most affected by this destruction.


Hope your friends and former students evacuated and are safe.


Just found that the restaurant where my son bused tables one summer is pretty much gone...
https://heavy.com/news/2018/10/hurricane-michael-mexico-beach-toucans-photos/

_________________
An Osprey, Fort Matanzas National Monument, a bit South of St. Augustine, FL. Dec 11th
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hurricane Michael HH
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:22 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:47 am
Posts: 9862
It never looked like this one would be a problem of any kind for us but every time there is a bad weather event someone loses. It is so heartbreaking when all these weather events occur and we see after the fact all the damage and loss of lives left behind. :( :(

Hope Michael hurries up and fizzles out.

_________________
Jo-Ann


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hurricane Michael HH
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:14 am 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:04 pm
Posts: 19090
Cap'n Tom wrote:
Pat7 wrote:
Cap'n Tom wrote:
Having taught HS in Panama City and living in Mexico Beach, And having my frst two charter boats at Panama City Beach, I am devastated by the photos and videos I've seen. Back then, I owned a nice home just a block from the beach about 3 miles east of Mexico Beach that is most likely gone... Here's to those most affected by this destruction.


Hope your friends and former students evacuated and are safe.


Just found that the restaurant where my son bused tables one summer is pretty much gone...
https://heavy.com/news/2018/10/hurricane-michael-mexico-beach-toucans-photos/


That's sad, Toucan's looked like a cool place. Will you go on an adventure in the future to check out the old homestead?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group