All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: file - picture recovery
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:24 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

In case anyone does anything stupid like i did this week and deleted files from your computer/camera/sd/usb, etc. you can recover them. (nothing is ever really gone)

I deleted over 6500 pictures and documents from an external drive and got everything back.

There are several programs you can use, some are free but they limit you to how much you can recover. of course they all want you to buy the program and prices can be as much as $89.

I used disk digger, its a free download and you can recover for free but a pop up screen comes up for each file asking for a license. you can just continue without one but i wasn't about to do that 6500 times. The license is $14.99 so i just bought it.

you can choose all files or just certain extentions, jpg, mov, wav, docx xls etc. Each recovered file is located under that extensions tab. You can choose which to recover or select all. you have to save to a different location than the file is recovered from. I just saved them to a new USB. I haven't found a way to recover the original file name but you can adjust the columns to show the date taken or created. Im sure the more expensive programs have that option.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:51 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

OMG, your heart must have dropped when you realized the files were deleted. Thank God you were able to recover them.

RIP SJ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:58 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Oh yeah, it was all my pictures from 2016 up to now. All the kids sports pics and videos, birthdays, graduations, all my vacations. Something to be said for old fashion film and photo albums.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:49 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Glad you got it back. Maybe I can employ my IT consulting husband to recover the hundreds of pics on various crashed laptops from over the years.