All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Re: Monday morning
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:45 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Good morning everyone! Woke up to an amazing sunrise! Going to breakfast soon and then to the pool bar. :) Have a great day!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:45 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Wow Ronnie what a shot!

Morning, wow I slept like a rock last night! neighbor coming today with quote for new ac/furnace, hoping its within the ballpark he gave me.

Just work today, safe trip ann, have a good one all

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:49 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Morning everyone !
Deb.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:19 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

froggy wrote:
Good morning all. Glad you had a good weekend Ann. Heading back home from the cape today for a couple of weeks. We will probably head back down on Columbus Day weekend, can I say that?
Have a great day all and be well

They haven't outlawed that one yet, but I'm sure there's a band of SJW's out there trying. :lol:

Good morning friends. I'm on "the Mom train" this week. Mom has three medical appointments this week plus I have to pick up her laptop from Best Buy (it had a virus and I dropped it off last week to have it fixed) and then sit with her and painfully set everything up again. Not to mention flu/pnemonia/shingles shots and a trip to the bank. I've come to realize nothing - and I mean nothing - happens when I'm away on vacation. She waits until I get back to do everything (she had issues with her laptop while I was gone but didn't let my brother or sisters know). I had to have a talk with my sibs last night. I've been at this for seven years (first with Dad, and now with Mom) and I don't want to get to the point where there is resentment (okay there is some at the moment, but I'm working through it). All have stepped up and are taking care of getting her to the bank and for her vaccines and I'm doing the med appointments this week. Thanks for letting me vent. :wink:

Enjoy your day friends!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:26 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning all, weekend went by too fast as usual!
John decided to weedwack the flowerbeds instead of weed them :lol: :roll: Oh well too late now.
Going to be a beautiful sunny day here in the mid 70's.
Meeting a woman I used to work with & her husband for dinner, they moved to DC a few years ago.

Linda, glad your siblings are stepping up to help out & not leave it all to you.

Have a great day all :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:35 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning! Back to the usual at home after the weekend in KC. No more Royals baseball until next year :( Time to get out my Red Sox shirt for now. I need to take the truck to Mr Windshield this morning and get a ding fixed. Other than that, I don't have any plans.

Good for you, Linda, to have a talk with the siblings and I'm glad they are stepping up their game.

Great photo, Ronnie! I can just imagine how it feels.

Ann, do you leave your new car here?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:04 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Sunny Monday Morning!
Glad you are getting some help with your Mom Linda......that's the way it should be!
Nice picture Ronnie!
Have a happy day everyone!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:47 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

lindaspooky wrote:
Wow Ronnie what a shot!

Morning, wow I slept like a rock last night! neighbor coming today with quote for new ac/furnace, hoping its within the ballpark he gave me.

Just work today, safe trip ann, have a good one all

Sue actually took that pic and posted it :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:29 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

MuyLinda23 wrote:
froggy wrote:
Good morning all. Glad you had a good weekend Ann. Heading back home from the cape today for a couple of weeks. We will probably head back down on Columbus Day weekend, can I say that?
Have a great day all and be well

They haven't outlawed that one yet, but I'm sure there's a band of SJW's out there trying. :lol:

Good morning friends. I'm on "the Mom train" this week. Mom has three medical appointments this week plus I have to pick up her laptop from Best Buy (it had a virus and I dropped it off last week to have it fixed) and then sit with her and painfully set everything up again. Not to mention flu/pnemonia/shingles shots and a trip to the bank. I've come to realize nothing - and I mean nothing - happens when I'm away on vacation. She waits until I get back to do everything (she had issues with her laptop while I was gone but didn't let my brother or sisters know). I had to have a talk with my sibs last night. I've been at this for seven years (first with Dad, and now with Mom) and I don't want to get to the point where there is resentment (okay there is some at the moment, but I'm working through it). All have stepped up and are taking care of getting her to the bank and for her vaccines and I'm doing the med appointments this week. Thanks for letting me vent. :wink:

Enjoy your day friends!

Linda, so sorry to hear this is all falling on you. Hope the talk with your siblings was heard by your siblings and they can step up to help out. I also hope your mom is appreciative of you and let's you know.

Froggy.....I have on my calendar for next Monday Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples' Day
That was a new one for me. Thought I would share with you....Columbus might be getting pushed off the calendar.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:42 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning all! Happy October! Funny about next Monday, Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples's. Columbus didn't "discover" America and there were never "indigenous" peoples here, just undocumented early Asian immigrants and their descendants. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:00 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning!
Grey rainy morning, temps not bad @ 53 degrees, still I am not walking in the rain.
I will be sitting in the rain at scoccer game later on today.
Good you are able to talk to your siblings, Linda and they listen!
Today is our MN. Grandson, Aiden's birthday, 16 years old.

Have great day ALL~

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:39 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Good afternoon. How is it October already???? It's pretty gray here today. We're going to try to go for a bike ride after work. We rode around the beach/state park for a couple of hours yesterday. We need to get our bike training in before our week in Cape Cod at the end of this month! :lol: We bring our bikes and ride on the rail trail as much as we can while we're there.

Linda, it's nice that you can all work together to help your mother. We had the opposite problem in my family before my mom passed away a couple of months ago. Younger sister cut my older sister and I out of all health info (I'm in CT, other sister is in UT) and any other legal areas. Had my mom change anything she could into her name. What were once 3 inseparable sisters became one in it for herself. Money does strange things to people. It's just devastating to us. Thanks for letting me vent, too.

Have a great day everyone.

Stop trying to make everyone happy --- you're not tequila!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:53 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good afternoon.

Late check in. Cloudy, 68°. Misty weather earlier. Back from the YMCA. Decided to join on Sat. Had a nice leisurely workout & did a water exercise class. Hoping to go several days/week. It's only 1 mile from my place. Hoping to prevent my 'sloth' tendencies as the weather gets colder.

Happy birthday to Aiden, Ardy.

Hugs, Linda. Hope your siblings step up with your mom's care.

Prayers are with those dealing with health, family or life challenges.

AUA #31 Nov '18

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:51 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

beachgirl612 wrote:

Linda, it's nice that you can all work together to help your mother. We had the opposite problem in my family before my mom passed away a couple of months ago. Younger sister cut my older sister and I out of all health info (I'm in CT, other sister is in UT) and any other legal areas. Had my mom change anything she could into her name. What were once 3 inseparable sisters became one in it for herself. Money does strange things to people. It's just devastating to us. Thanks for letting me vent, too.

I'm so sorry. :(

I am one of three sisters/four siblings (we have a brother) and we all get along very well. I am my Mom's "everything" (power of attorney, etc.). My brother and one sister are on the deed of the house along with Mom and me. The other sister can't be on it because her husband owns a business. In the end, all of the legal stuff, closing accounts etc will fall to me and everything will be split four equal ways. If any of my siblings turned into greedy grabbers, I'd give them every bit of my share. I'd be devastated but not because of the money; because of the lost love and friendship.

I hope/pray one day your sister wakes up and realizes what she's lost and tries to make it right. (((hugs)))

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:41 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Tara asked : Ann, do you leave your new car here?

I do leave it in NH. My neighbor runs it and moves it so the tires don't do whatever it is they do i f you keep the car sitting in the same spot.

Coach Brian Stone