It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:41 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

we have a meeting coming up with one of our suppliers who we have been doing business with for well over 60 years.

they brought a guy in about 5 years ago and he has been "saving" the company. making alot of changes which are not sitting well with their customers. I've been telling my company he's trying to push us out. I even caught him in a discussion with one of our customers who they are now selling direct to :twisted: he was just made president.

I found out that he has no respect for our owner (orig owners daughter) and he doesn't see her doing anything to "further" the relationship so why should they continue to work with us. :shock: Of course its true, she is the money only and has absolutely no interest in actually working.

I have to set our agenda which i am working on. as far as business going forward we have a product that we developed with them, took about 5 years and we finally have the formulation down. my "inside" friend said we shouldn't let him know its a done deal yet because he will take it to the market and cut us out. :roll: She is also being removed from our account but we don't officially know that :mrgreen:

Soooo, do i tell my boss that our owner is the issue or just let it play out?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:58 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I wouldn’t jeopardize your job and let it play out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:12 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

That sure is a dilemma. On one hand you have one guy that is trying to cut you out. On the other hand you have a "inside" friend that is on her/his way out giving you information. I would go to the boss and delicately tell her/him what you are hearing and maybe have your boss go to the guy and try and find out what his goal is and find out what he means that the owner "isn't doing anything to further the relationship". Then your boss can do her/his job and go to the owner of your company to try and get her to square things up.
That is what I would do.
Will it jeopardize your job? Don't know, but I believe you have been there a while and your boss probably has a lot of trust in you and your boss should see that you are only concerned for the company.
Good luck Linda.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:22 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Agree with Ron 100 %. You would have better outcomes by not getting involved. Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:24 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

froggy wrote:
That sure is a dilemma. On one hand you have one guy that is trying to cut you out. On the other hand you have a "inside" friend that is on her/his way out giving you information. I would go to the boss and delicately tell her/him what you are hearing and maybe have your boss go to the guy and try and find out what his goal is and find out what he means that the owner "isn't doing anything to further the relationship". Then your boss can do her/his job and go to the owner of your company to try and get her to square things up.
That is what I would do.
Will it jeopardize your job? Don't know, but I believe you have been there a while and your boss probably has a lot of trust in you and your boss should see that you are only concerned for the company.
Good luck Linda.

I agree with Froggy. It sounds like this guy is on a roll, and if your boss doesn't know the rumor about this guy possibly trying to take this product that was developed in collaboration to market without your company, he/she can't fight it. Hopefully your company has a good lawyer on retainer that can run interference on this for you. Best wishes - keep us posted.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:30 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I’m with froggy and Linda if your relationship with your boss is a positive one. It sounds like they are an important partner for your company. Would you be able to stomach the fact that they leave and you knew there was a problem and kept stum?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:37 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

That is a dilemma :shock:
I agree to talk diplomatically with you boss to fill them in on what you know. It sounds like this new guy wants to "succeed" no matter what so even if your boss does know they could still continue on with his plan.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:33 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

my job is not at jeopardy at all so there's no issue. We have overseas suppliers that we buy the same products from at half the price. We sell them at a competitive price to protect this vendor out of loyalty. They also have a plant in Japan but our overseas pricing is less than their cost.

We have customers that insist on USA made products and they are our sole US manufacturer. I wonder how important it would be if their pricing decreased substantially? We can survive without them as a supplier, in fact our profits would go up. Maybe I'll just keep the no respect comment to myself.

Thanks, really appreciate your input!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:15 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I concur with all the above :lol: ...How many years have you been with this company Linda?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:34 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Not sure I am totally clear on this but....keep the details to yourself but I agree with the others....this guy trying to cut your company out is not good....your boss needs to be aware that it appears that is what he is trying to do.
I think your owner is not the issue...this guy is using that as an excuse for his sleazy behavior! He needs the owner to further the relationship?....come on! That's another way of saying I only want to do business with people who bow down to me and treat me like royalty :evil:

Coach Brian Stone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:40 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Ann...as a side note...We all treat you like you are royalty :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:54 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

BigPapa wrote:
Ann...as a side note...We all treat you like you are royalty :wink: :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Coach Brian Stone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:27 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

oh he definately wants things his way or the highway. and yes ann he could be using that as an excuse. i did have a conversation with my boss and as i skirted around the comments he nailed it. he said of course anyone looking at us would think our future is questionable, he's 81, owner is 62, idiots are 65 and 58 and then there's me, the "youngin" :lol: me and my boss are there 26 years, 28 for one girl and 40 something for the other. we are "seasoned" and unfortunately old school. we do need to get with the times and maybe this is a good thing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:31 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

lindaspooky wrote:
oh he definately wants things his way or the highway. and yes ann he could be using that as an excuse. i did have a conversation with my boss and as i skirted around the comments he nailed it. he said of course anyone looking at us would think our future is questionable, he's 81, owner is 62, idiots are 65 and 58 and then there's me, the "youngin" :lol: me and my boss are there 26 years, 28 for one girl and 40 something for the other. we are "seasoned" and unfortunately old school. we do need to get with the times and maybe this is a good thing.

when you break it out...It all finds like fine wine :lol: :lol:
My bet is on you...young lady. :wink: