It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:57 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

It's just murder outside...( my sun dial reads 100...)Bought some cantaloupe and watermelon from the market, and sweet corn...Planning on BLT's and corn on the cob for supper, but I am chilling with a cold ( ronnie and judi special ) while I type.
What's on your agenda?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:12 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

No idea about supper, out under the trees, only a feel like of 37 today :wink: There's a crow that doesn't have long to live.... :twisted: Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:12 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Started HH a couple hours ago. Had a beer while I was shopping at http://www.luckysmarket.com They had bone in ribeyes on sale for 7.99/lb. Picked up nice fat one. Sides will be a few things from their prepared foods section...Kung Pao green beans, smoke gouda pasta salad and sesame/cucumber noodles.

Now it's time for a snooze!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:14 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

It is 91 with a feels like temp of 99, the cool part of the day. Just got out of DD's pool having pizza for lunch. I had a Summer Shandy beer.....part beer and part lemonade. No thanks......was not a fan. For dinner, we are having my 2 day tomato sauce with mushrooms and turkey burger over spaghetti squash. It is nice and garlicky. I found White Claw Wild Cherry, finally. It must be a popular item cause it is always sold out.
We bought the butterflies and hummingbirds another flowering bush. Wow, they are happy. So much activity.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:19 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

My butterfly bush has just started to bloom and is attracting butterflies like crazy. I just need a camera like Cap'n Tom's. Haven't seen a hummer since I put out the feeder :( The crow just flew away, I guess he knew I meant business. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:56 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Just water for now. Maryann, do you have Truly down there? Same thing basically and some good flavors. I pulled some sauce and meatballs out of the freezer. We will have it over whole grain linguine. Looks like the last of the rain is heading out and maybe up to Karen.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:47 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Pat, I tried Truly and you are right about the flavors. It is 140 calories where White Claw is 100 calories and gave me a tummy ache.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:42 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

i had donover london broil and mashed potatos, kenny had a donut. :shock:

had 2 vodka lemonades and really would like to continue but he's singing tonight at one of those summer concert series. will probably go and stay in the background. hate to say but not a fan, they just don't have the right harmony and are singing some really bad songs, nothing the crowd can get into, just not for me. I know i should be supportive but no thanks, can't do it. honestly, i don't even think kenny is happy with how its going either.

oh well, at least the sun is out, need to switch to water, cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:00 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Spent most of the day inside due to HHH. Spoke to a friend going through chemo for ovarian cancer :( Puts things in perspective. Made slow cooked oven ribs and on my third gin and tonic on the deck listening to Pandora.

RIP SJ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:21 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

degored wrote:
Started HH a couple hours ago. Had a beer while I was shopping at http://www.luckysmarket.com They had bone in ribeyes on sale for 7.99/lb. Picked up nice fat one. Sides will be a few things from their prepared foods section...Kung Pao green beans, smoke gouda pasta salad and sesame/cucumber noodles.

Now it's time for a snooze!

Changed to Indian food...daal soup, keema naan and chicken tikka masala.

http://www.indiagardencleveland.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:39 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

A June 18th HH post from our Shaggy. In with a Lager. New grill was delivered and I think I’ll like my choice. Can use either gas or charcoal. I prefer charcoal but occasionally want to grill something without too much delay so have that option. Will be set when the new patio chairs are delivered.

Disappointing meeting with the lawyers was off set by some potential good news on the aide front.

Last night as an employee, Tara!

Cheers, y’all!

RIP SJ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:11 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

:(

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:37 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Ditto on Linda's frown, but I have the same grill shaggy was writing about and love it so I think I will name it SHAGGY!!
VFW vodka and tonics. Came home and had a Moscow Mule then oven roast pork loin with carrots, rice and of course horse radish and JW Black, which I am having as I ramble on here.

Judi and Ingrid, sorry for getting the husbands names mixed up between you two. Must have had a brain freeze from the mudslides.
So how is Dick's breathing and Everts gout?
Enough rambling so good night all.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:10 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Yucky out today, but I did get the birds fed, the lawn mowed, stung by a yellow jacket, and managed to take almost 80 photos in the yard of butterflies and flowers. 20 came out good enough to edit/resize. Many pics of yellow and black tiger swallowtails, several of a cloudless sulfur butterfly, and even the first common buckeye of the season. Because of the heat, I took off my shirt, but caught it from Elaine, "You DON'T go without a shirt in this kind of neighborhood...." I guess we grew up in different neighborhoods.... :lol: :lol: :lol: Plus I could show off my tats..... :D Late this afternoon I deluxed a Palermo's frozen pizza, still have 6 small pieces left... yummy. And, Cheers!!! I'm finishing my 2nd 16 oz Lite, will drop down to the 12 oz next, as all that yard work is hard on the wrists, eh Karen?? :lol:

Last edited by Cap'n Tom on Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:35 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cap'n Tom wrote:
Yucky out today, but I did get the birds fed, the lawn mowed, and took almost 80 photos in the yard of butterflies and flowers. 20 came out good enough to edit/resize. Many pics of yellow and black tiger swallowtails, several of a cloudless sulfur butterfly, and even the first common buckeye of the season. Because of the heat, I took off my shirt, but caught it from Elaine, "You DON'T go without a shirt in this kind of neighborhood...." I guess we grew up in different neighborhoods.... :lol: :lol: :lol: Plus I could show off my tats..... :D Late this afternoon I deluxed a Palermo's frozen pizza, still have 6 small pieces left... yummy. And, Cheers!!! I'm finishing my 2nd 16 oz Lite, will drop down to the 12 oz next, as all that yard work is hard on the wrists, eh Karen?? :lol:

I'm glad you were able to get some good photos. About 95% of our neighbors use lawn service and the lawn guys keep their shirts on. George who's 82 does ours and Andy across the street who's 85+ does his. George leaves his shirt on and I'm not sure about Andy. I say do what makes you happy.

RIP SJ