It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:59 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

i usually buy a combo pack of ice cream that includes cones, sandwiches and chocolate covered bars. kenny goes through the sandwiches first and i never even get one. for the party i bought klondike original bars and sandwiches. i was surprised that except for my brother, everyone, even the kids went for the sandwiches.

when we were little and the ice cream truck came nobody ever got sandwichesm that was boring.

was wondering what you all prefer?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:08 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Love ice cream sandwiches so I rarely buy them because I’d eat them a lot!
Bought klondikes on sale four packages for $8 a while ago, eat them occasionally since it’s so many calories
Mostly buy cartons of ice cream because I can eat two spoonfuls (big ones :lol: )
Just got done eating two spoonfuls of Breyers chocolate chip
The only one who actually puts in chips!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:10 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

No favourites, anything ice-cream I love. I've been buying these, this summer for a less guilt ice-cream treat; like the lime version too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:24 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I'd eat either/or Linda. If I had to make a choice I'd say the Klondike bar. Yum. Now I want one. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:29 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Ice cream is an issue here because we eat it. :lol: We are trying to back off. :oops: Mike likes chocolate. My obsession has been friendly’s vienna mocha chip - so good! I bought black raspberry this week which I learned to love from my Dad. Only thing missing is the jimmies.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:33 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I forgot to say Hood makes half size ice cream sandwiches which my buddy Nathan loves. By the way he is 5.5 now and just lost his first tooth. I wish I could post pictures. :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:53 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I usually buy half gallons, or whatever size they are now. No sugar added for George, which is usually limited to vanilla and various interesting flavors for me. Sometimes pick up Klondike’s on sale, never buy ice cream sandwiches, but I do like them.

RIP SJ

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:54 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I never buy any of those. Just the occasional half gallon, usually vanilla bean. Always use Hershey's Special Dark, sometiimes dry roasted peanuts or pistachios.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:42 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We usually try to avoid most ice cream purchases, but here are the exceptions:
We are frequently the hosts for some gatherings of friends...then we have leftovers and try to dole them out a bit at a time.
In lieu of ice cream, we may choose frozen yogurt...not sure, but it sounds better than full-fat ice cream.
Sometimes, we look for some other sweet treats.. lo-cal fruits bars etc. Not sure about sherbet, but we think it is somewhat better.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:22 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

OMG!! I love ice cream (and crackers and cheese...as I told my doctor..chocolate I can easily live without...you tell me I have to give up the ice cream and crackers and cheese....I will have to find a new doctor :lol: )My favorite is mocha from Bringham's with jimmies! I mean the real Bringham's...not a carton! Without that, mocha chip, black raspberry and coffee are my favorites. Coffee ice cream with a hot carmel sauce...omg I might have to get on the next plane to New England!! :wink:

Coach Brian Stone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:26 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

TJ makes milkshakes practically daily, so I keep the 1/2 gallon type cartons on hand - usually just vanilla. I rarely eat any, but have been known to splurge on fun flavors when it's on sale.

Mike has no willpower and enjoys a little something sweet after dinner. He'd dish out too much ice cream from the carton, so I've been buying either mini ice cream sandwiches or new mini klondike bars (reese flavor most recently - yum!).

I think it's Dole that has a couple items I like. They are little packs of chocolate covered banana slices or chocolate covered 1/2 strawberries. 100 or 60 cal packs. Great for calorie control and a little fruit, while feeling indulgent.

As far as ice cream trucks go - funny story: We were at a Clemson tailgate years ago and the truck came by. Matthew wanted a snow cone so bad and picked lime. He didn't like it. I took it and poured vodka on it for me. YUMMY! Once again - I win the bad, irresponsible Mom award!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:33 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

ann wrote:
OMG!! I love ice cream (and crackers and cheese...as I told my doctor..chocolate I can easily live without...you tell me I have to give up the ice cream and crackers and cheese....I will have to find a new doctor :lol: )My favorite is mocha from Bringham's with jimmies! I mean the real Bringham's...not a carton! Without that, mocha chip, black raspberry and coffee are my favorites. Coffee ice cream with a hot carmel sauce...omg I might have to get on the next plane to New England!! :wink:

You are my sister from another mister! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:16 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We eat all ice cream, bars, sandwiches, orange creamsicles,
fudge bars (fudgies, that is what we call them). A half gallon barely last 3 days, I have to say mostly because of Larry, not me....
:wink: My very very favorite is, if you can find a stand that makes it, old fashion vanilla frozen custard. I've been known to drive 75 miles one way just for a cone of it. ROAD TRIP!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:06 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

We always have several 1.5 qt containers of ice cream in the freezer. I use coffee for milk shakes and alternate with fudge swirl, maple walnut, pistachio, chic chip cookie dough and whatever else is on sale at the super markets. I prefer Hood, Turkey Hill or Friendly's brand. Marianne is a fan of Brighams Mocha Almond in the quart size.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:52 am 
Prolific

Love all types of ice cream! Usually buy half gallons so I can make sundaes!