All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Re: TGIF wake up
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:46 am 
Senior

Good morning all! Storms expected today. I’m glad, we really need the rain.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:47 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good~Morning!
More flooding here in the Pgh. area yesterday. :(
Headed to Sis's soon for a few days, we're going to Brunch tomorrow, Sis is treating me and 2 of our girlie friends to brunch at THE LOT, then a day of bar hopping.....one of the bars we go to was flooded out. :( Knowing Johnny the owner, he'll be open ASAP!
Have a great day and a great weekend!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:55 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning, it's cooler here but still humid so hope that improves.
Glad Everett is feeling better.

I am working close to home, will go home for lunch & switch cars so John can load mine up for the market tomorrow.

Shaggy, where are you? Come out, come out, wherever you are. Hope your feeling better

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:09 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning! Cloudy here right now, and we're supposed to get a lot of rain this afternoon. Perfect day to have a "Netflix" day. Any recommendations? It's been a while since I've binge watched anything.

Ingrid - re: Evert's bout with gout. I had never experienced gout before but have a lot of experience with it due to Mom getting it on and off for years. I woke up one day a few months ago and knew what I was feeling in my big toe right away. Our daughter is into all things natural and said to drink a lot of iced water with fresh lemon and pieces of fresh ginger in it. I don't know if it was just good luck or the iced water with lemon/ginger in it, but my toe felt better the next day and the gout was gone the following day. I add lemon and fresh ginger to my iced water all of the time now. Might be worth a try for Evert?

Dars I just know you and Shirley and your friends will have a wonderful time! :D

I hope we hear from our friend Shaggy today.

Enjoy your day friends!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:11 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning

Hoping Shaggy checks in today.

Thoughts and prayers are with those in need.

AUA #31 Nov '18

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:22 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning....need to go for a run, but the humidity is making it hard to walk out the door. YUCK! I have work today, lunch with some PEO ladies and picking up a bike I hope. Ken spent a fortune on a new bike (we got a bike rack for my new car) and I just can't do it. So I found a great deal on a pair of bikes on one of the facebook sale pages, same brand as Ken's, 2 for $150....he paid over $600 :shock: for his. Ian needs a new bike, so these should be perfect one for him, one for me. If all goes well, we will pick up this afternoon.
Kids are still having fun in FL with Nana, they come home tomorrow. Ken is shooting a concert tonight....Collective Soul, 3 Doors Down and Soul Asylum.
Hoping Shaggy is doing ok and can check in today.....getting worried about him.
Glad to hear Evert is feeling better. I like MuyLinda's suggestions too.
Dars, have so much fun!
Thoughts and prayers for those in need.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:28 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning! Another H&H day. Got my "new" 2nd laptop up and running last night. A friend locally had a Dell Latitude 14" i7 processor that she'd had for a year and never used and wanted $250 for it, so I jumped. It will be my backup and travel computer, quite a bit smaller than my 17" Dell Inspiron.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:36 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

MuyLinda23 wrote:
Good morning! Cloudy here right now, and we're supposed to get a lot of rain this afternoon. Perfect day to have a "Netflix" day. Any recommendations? It's been a while since I've binge watched anything.

Ingrid - re: Evert's bout with gout. I had never experienced gout before but have a lot of experience with it due to Mom getting it on and off for years. I woke up one day a few months ago and knew what I was feeling in my big toe right away. Our daughter is into all things natural and said to drink a lot of iced water with fresh lemon and pieces of fresh ginger in it. I don't know if it was just good luck or the iced water with lemon/ginger in it, but my toe felt better the next day and the gout was gone the following day. I add lemon and fresh ginger to my iced water all of the time now. Might be worth a try for Evert?

Dars I just know you and Shirley and your friends will have a wonderful time! :D

I hope we hear from our friend Shaggy today.

Enjoy your day friends!

I was just reading an article about drinking a cup of warm lemon water before anything else each morning. Seems to have a lot of benefits.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:58 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning!

We had surprize house quest last night. Granddaughters Ava & Allie. We stayed up till midnight talking, they along with Mom till Tuesday, then MN son and Aiden will join them down in the Catskills for DIL's side of family reunion, they will back here on the 18th to the 20th.
Larry and I have an appt in Syracuse this afternoon, then we have to go to Home Depot/Lowes, both the faucet and tub spout fell apart last night, very strange... yeah fun with 2 girls and no shower for them to use. We only have one full bath. Told them we can do a bucket brigade. They are leaving soon to go back to other grandparents house.
Hope we hear news of Shaggy today~

Have a nice day ALL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:00 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

morning, raining with thunder and lightning here. should cool the pool down as 90 is not refreshing.

my sisters party is tomorrow and she has no idea. she called yesterday and asked if she can bring Bryson and his friends swimming on sat. Had to say yes. texted her husband and said we need to fix this. Im guessing nobody told bryson about the party because she said he was all excited when she mentioned it to him. :roll:

My BIL dropped off a bunch of stuff the other night. The only job i have is today when the chicken breasts defrost put them in the foil pan with the sauce and then back in the fridge. He brought the chicken, pans and sauce, I can handle that!
Still don't know how many people are coming, last i heard was 19. I did buy some dessert stuff, I got 2 boxes of klondike bars, a tray of cookies from BJ's and will fill a big bowl with assorted mini hershey and mars candies and mini cookie bags.

Ingrid hope you and evert feel better soon. hope shaggy checks in soon, maybe cheri or daughter youngest will soon.

have a good one all

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:38 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Afternoon wishes all...Nice day around these parts after so much heat...On the 4th. we got 3" on rain in 6 hrs....We needed some that is for sure.
What do ya think...Shaggy's internet is messed up?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:55 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

BigPapa wrote:
Afternoon wishes all...Nice day around these parts after so much heat...On the 4th. we got 3" on rain in 6 hrs....We needed some that is for sure.

Yes to that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:16 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

ronnieb wrote:
BigPapa wrote:

Yes to that.

I don't know. He was feeling really poorly last weekend and when he moved in to the new place he said he wanted to be settled inbefore the next hospital stay.

RIP SJ