It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:33 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I found this interesting so thought I would share. Karen is that true about buying milk in a bag?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/sma ... hp#image=1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:40 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Well I've never seen Degrassi or Heartland....they at least used to sell milk in bags, I've never bought it but my Sister in law used to. I'll have a check in the grocery store. I never buy donuts but will eat one if given to me. I love KD and always splurge (calories and crap) on a box for my cottage week and have even been known to throw the noodles and 'bagged' cheese in a baggy and pack in in my Ar*ba suitcase for an emergency after drinking meal (with Judi :wink: ) if I don't want to leave the room :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:13 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Yes milk is sold in bags , its way to much for me so I buy the smaller cartons !
Deb.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:21 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I buy six-packs of small, single serving, cartons of whole milk (black & while label with a bit of red) that don't have to be refrigerated, imported from Canada. The "use by" date is always 6 to 12 months ahead. Keep one in the fridge and the others in the garage pantry. Much handier than buying milk that expires before I use it....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:23 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

ronnieb wrote:
I found this interesting so thought I would share. Karen is that true about buying milk in a bag?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/sma ... hp#image=1

Yes we do buy our milk in bags. 4 litres divided into 3 bags. I thought that everyone did!! LOL :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:43 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I didn't see the part about Degrassi or Heartland.
Many years ago, I watched some of the Degrassi episodes when they were shown on our PBS.
More recently (like last month), Sandy watched all the Heartland seasons (episodes) that were available on Netflix...I understand there are more seasons not available on Netflix. She was rather obsessed...and hopes more will be shown in the future. We both watched several seasons of Murdoch Mysteries before Netflix took it off their service. Good family show. Some episodes (with commercials) are shown on CW, I think.

I knew about universal health care. Free, I'm not sure. I have to ask more, but our friends from New Brunswick (he's approaching 80), seem to say that their cost of insurance will jump way up after 80. They may need to cut back on winter visits to FL..due to this increased cost.

Previously living in upstate NY, 4 hours from Montreal and 6 hours from Toronto, we were yearly visitors to Canada. I guess I thought we knew more about things Canadian than many others south of the border. More to learn, I'm sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:49 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

JohnT wrote:

I knew about universal health care. Free, I'm not sure. I have to ask more, but our friends from New Brunswick (he's approaching 80), seem to say that their cost of insurance will jump way up after 80. They may need to cut back on winter visits to FL..due to this increased cost.

Previously living in upstate NY, 4 hours from Montreal and 6 hours from Toronto, we were yearly visitors to Canada. I guess I thought we knew more about things Canadian than many others south of the border. More to learn, I'm sure.

Free universal(full coverage) health care, in country. The cost of medical insurance for travel is very expensive, as medical care in the U.S. is expensive, andif the person has to be airlifted home, well...very $$$.

Hubby, as well as our son, have had bouts with cancer. We have a grand daughter who has a rare syndrome, and has needed many interventions, complicated testing. a wheel chair...and none of this was paid out of pocket.