All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:59 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning!
Last day of VBS! I am really ready for it to be over but I have to say, in each of my Bible Story Sessions, I have a sweet girl in each one who makes my day. One of them brought me to tears last night, when talking about how God made each one of us and thought the world needed to have a Mason and his freckles, and a Lucy with her curls, and a Chloe with her big blue eyes...etc. This little girl looked up at me and said, "most of all, God knew we needed a Miss Carolina".....My heart is full!
Ken and I pulled the trigger yesterday and bought a new car....I swore I would never buy new again, but Honda has a deal for the new Honda Pilot that is the same price as a 1-2 yr old, which is what I thought I wanted....anyway, once you say yes....it is like 4 hrs before you can leave....ugh, felt like I had been kidnapped and I had SOOOO much to do....going back today to pick up my old Honda pilot (which will soon be Ian's) and learn how to use all the gadgets on my new car. My old Pilot is a 2003 :shock:
Going for a run, getting as many hours in for my sister so I can help pay for this new car, going to learn to use my new car, VBS and that should do it.
Wishing everyone a great day, safe travels and thoughts and prayers for those in need.
Ian's friend, Brandon, is STILL in the hospital...praying his CPK output numbers decline and stay down.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:09 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

morning, day 3 of bear free sleep! A year and a half and maybe he's now getting over Max being gone.

have a dentist appt to bond some "over brushed" teeth. should have taken care of it back in October when it was $146. now its $222 and there's 3 of them :twisted: need to stop brushing so hard, this is a good incentive....

good luck with the new car carolina. its amazing with all the technology we have you cant buy a car in under 4 hours. have fun packing shag, im sure cully will love running around. thought with those in need, especially Brandon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:12 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning. Grey and gloomy this morning.
Judi...yesterday was more of an evaluation at PT. She did massage the back of my head and neck. Tomorrow will be the first real day.
Finally heard about my car. It’s being repaired to the tune of $3,200. If it had high mileage, it would have been totaled. It’s 11 years old with 35,000 miles.
Karen...sorry to hear that you’re still having mobility issues.
Shaggy....good luck with the move.
Ingrid...happy packing!!
Tara...good luck at the dentist.
Congrats on your new wheels, Carolina!! Continued prayers for Ian’s friend.
Have a great day!!

#17 to Aruba October/November 2018

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:19 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning!!! We have another chilly morning with no sign of the sun yet. We have a full schedule today with a funeral at noon and our second granddaughter's high school graduation tonight at 6 PM. The graduation is outside at the football stadium so we will have to wear some warm clothes with this crazy weather.
Thoughts and prayers for all those recovering from various ailments.
Have a great Wednesday everyone!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:20 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Morning everyone !
Deb.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:26 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning. I have the day to myself - the guys just went fishing. I am going to go over to the cat house for awhile.

RIP SJ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:08 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning. Brief T-storm just passed. Airco didn't cool last night. All night at 85°. Repair company coming this a.m.. I think it's
just contactor or capacitor. I'll be getting proposals next week in case. It's a big, 5 ton central ac/heat unit. Can't do without in FLA.
For duration of day, I'm pondering. Continued thoughts and prayers for Ian's friend as well as for many needing. Have a great day all!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:12 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning, another rainy day here. I am working close to home so get to go home at lunch & will get home early too :D (10min drive instead of 40mins)
Congrats on the new car Carolina, soon we will need a class to work out how to use new cars :lol:
Thinking of all in need of a lift today, & healing to those with health issues.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:36 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good~Morning!
A bit chilly outside out side now......only 52.....high of 64.
Jim Is cleaning the patio furniture today......bought a really pretty shade of paint to redo our patio furniture.....can't wait to see it all done!
Great morning for my hot tub.....after I do light housework.
Good Luck with your new wheels Carolina!!
Sorry about your mobility problem Karen.
Make it a great day everyone!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:36 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning all! Got our lawn mower back (again) so today I will mow the complete yard for the first time this year. We have Zeon Zoysia sod and it was quite slow coming out of dormancy this spring. I did try to mow a couple weeks ago but only made two diagonal trips across the yard before the motor died. As it turns out, it was the coil. Replaced under warranty.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:58 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

:(

Last edited by ronnieb on Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:20 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

CGO wrote:
Good Morning!
Last day of VBS! I am really ready for it to be over but I have to say, in each of my Bible Story Sessions, I have a sweet girl in each one who makes my day. One of them brought me to tears last night, when talking about how God made each one of us and thought the world needed to have a Mason and his freckles, and a Lucy with her curls, and a Chloe with her big blue eyes...etc. This little girl looked up at me and said, "most of all, God knew we needed a Miss Carolina".....My heart is full!
Ken and I pulled the trigger yesterday and bought a new car....I swore I would never buy new again, but Honda has a deal for the new Honda Pilot that is the same price as a 1-2 yr old, which is what I thought I wanted....anyway, once you say yes....it is like 4 hrs before you can leave....ugh, felt like I had been kidnapped and I had SOOOO much to do....going back today to pick up my old Honda pilot (which will soon be Ian's) and learn how to use all the gadgets on my new car. My old Pilot is a 2003 :shock:
Going for a run, getting as many hours in for my sister so I can help pay for this new car, going to learn to use my new car, VBS and that should do it.
Wishing everyone a great day, safe travels and thoughts and prayers for those in need.
Ian's friend, Brandon, is STILL in the hospital...praying his CPK output numbers decline and stay down.

That's just beautiful Carolina!

Good evening everyone. Hope all of you have had a nice day.

I was busy doing a few errands for Mom today, then some grocery shopping. Now doing laundry and getting ready for the "sisters trip" to NYC this weekend. This is going to be fun - the blind, leading the blind. :lol: Fingers crossed for good weather (Friday looks good/Saturday iffy but that's what rain jackets are for).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:55 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

MuyLinda23 wrote:
Good evening everyone. Hope all of you have had a nice day.

I was busy doing a few errands for Mom today, then some grocery shopping. Now doing laundry and getting ready for the "sisters trip" to NYC this weekend. This is going to be fun - the blind, leading the blind. :lol: Fingers crossed for good weather (Friday looks good/Saturday iffy but that's what rain jackets are for). [/b]

Just heard the weather report, Saturday is looking better, you should be good and dry for most of the day. Enjoy your weekend in the city.