All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Next Week's Visit
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:50 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

George's son Greg will be driving up from Texas this weekend with his two youngest and a friend of youngest. They are leaving early Saturday AM and hope to arrive here late Sunday. Their requested list of thing s to do include: 9/11 Museum, One Police Plaza (my brother works there .. at least until he retires in a few weeks), Bronx Zoo, fishing and now they added a MLB game. They will be leaving early Saturday for the return drive. I'm tired just thinking about it LOL. Will have to work out a schedule when I get back this afternoon.

Post subject: Re: Next Week's Visit
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:54 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

I got tired just reading about it. Enjoy

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:01 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

It will be a busy household for you and George! Hope you can insert some rest days between activities. Main thing is....have lots of food and kids' beverages on hand! Enjoy! :D

Coach Brian Stone

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:57 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Keep them all stuffed so they can't get up off the couch :lol: Actually I would love to do all except MLB; been there done that :wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:08 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

wow, busy week but looks doable. its actually a nice mix of "stuff"

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:13 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I would need extra strength Geritol (intravenous) to even attempt half in a weeks time.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:24 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

arubalova wrote:
George's son Greg will be driving up from Texas this weekend with his two youngest and a friend of youngest. They are leaving early Saturday AM and hope to arrive here late Sunday. Their requested list of thing s to do include: 9/11 Museum, One Police Plaza (my brother works there .. at least until he retires in a few weeks), Bronx Zoo, fishing and now they added a MLB game. They will be leaving early Saturday for the return drive. I'm tired just thinking about it LOL. Will have to work out a schedule when I get back this afternoon.

My sisters and I will be down in the 9/11 Museum/One Police Plaza Friday - Sunday next week. We're doing 9/11 Museum on Friday, dinner at Eataly on Friday night, Saturday we're going full-on tourist and doing the hoho bus. They've never been and I'm "tour guide", which is hysterical because I am directionally challenged. :lol: I booked us at a hotel where David and I have stayed twice so I can find my way to the Gap (next door) :lol:, and to a fantastic Greek diner for breakfast two blocks away From there I can also find my way down to the 9/11 Museum, etc. Oh, if you're going to be down at One Police Plaza, follow that street to the end and the Irish Hunger Memorial is right there. It's small but amazing how this little patch of Ireland exists right in the middle of the tall buildings and hustle/bustle of NYC. Have fun - maybe our paths will cross?

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:45 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

That's a lot to fit in a week, sounds like a lot of fun stuff. You will need a vacation the following week to recover :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:01 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

really sounds like fun stuff, and interesting.

well of course you can get into an mlb game in your area cause tickets are easy to come by.

if you tried to get into a sox game, fuggitaboutit :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:45 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

MuyLinda23 wrote:
arubalova wrote:

My sisters and I will be down in the 9/11 Museum/One Police Plaza Friday - Sunday next week. We're doing 9/11 Museum on Friday, dinner at Eataly on Friday night, Saturday we're going full-on tourist and doing the hoho bus. They've never been and I'm "tour guide", which is hysterical because I am directionally challenged. :lol: I booked us at a hotel where David and I have stayed twice so I can find my way to the Gap (next door) :lol:, and to a fantastic Greek diner for breakfast two blocks away From there I can also find my way down to the 9/11 Museum, etc. Oh, if you're going to be down at One Police Plaza, follow that street to the end and the Irish Hunger Memorial is right there. It's small but amazing how this little patch of Ireland exists right in the middle of the tall buildings and hustle/bustle of NYC. Have fun - maybe our paths will cross?

UPDATE: they plan on getting here late Sunday and will be leaving early Friday, so that leaves us 4 full days. I'm trying to plan but George keeps getting in the way. We will get to the 9/11 Museum and downtown area. Linda, I think I told you about the Irish Hunger Museum. I went there with a friend of mine a few years ago.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:39 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

arubalova wrote:
Linda, I think I told you about the Irish Hunger Museum. I went there with a friend of mine a few years ago.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You most likely did, Laura. I'm a little "blonde" at times. :wink:

Enjoy your planning!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:25 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Sounds like exciting plans. Enjoy your time with family.

AUA #31 Nov '18

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 2:12 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

MuyLinda23 wrote:
arubalova wrote:
Linda, I think I told you about the Irish Hunger Museum. I went there with a friend of mine a few years ago.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You most likely did, Laura. I'm a little "blonde" at times. :wink:

Enjoy your planning!

:lol: :lol: He and his sons seem to be more "wing it" types while I'm a planner. He can't see beyond fishing and I'm anxious to get tickets for 9/11 and a free day at the Bronx Zoo. Linda, did you have tickets for the museum ahead of time? I'm just going to chill, tired of nagging. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:28 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Laura, looks like stuff I like doing. I recall as a kid traveling by car to uncle & aunt home on Jerhico Tpke. Westbury. From CT to there no I-95, no Throgs Neck bridge, no L.I.E, etc. It took a long time. I remember first visit to Statue of Liberty. Took train from
Carle Place to Grand Central Sta. Stuff coming out of train engine was white and it wasn't diesel. Go figure!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:43 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

arubalova wrote:

:lol: :lol: He and his sons seem to be more "wing it" types while I'm a planner. He can't see beyond fishing and I'm anxious to get tickets for 9/11 and a free day at the Bronx Zoo. Linda, did you have tickets for the museum ahead of time? I'm just going to chill, tired of nagging. :roll:

Yes! Just ordered them an hour ago, and have a text message with them in it for easy scanning when we get there. I'm a planner too - "winging it" doesn't work with me. :wink: