Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Re: Sat Dinner
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:02 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

shaggyjohn wrote:
beachgirl612 wrote:
Shaggy, I'm so glad you had dinner with Cully tonight. Let her sleep with you if she wants. She missed you so much. I'm sure she's so happy to be home with you. I'm glad you two are back together.

Cully has been a champ thru all of the stuff of the past months. Her temperament has given her great patience with me. Both of us get a bit frustrated in that her learned voice commands are difficult for me to say clearly, e.g. Sit comes out like sithes. And the hand signals are a bit confusing for her as I can't quite do them the way we trained. We will both overcome however, she faster than me.

I am really grateful for having such a great companion!

Animal companions are the best and I'm glad you two found each other. xxoo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:19 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

karen1 wrote:
beachgirl612 wrote:
Shaggy, I'm so glad you had dinner with Cully tonight. Let her sleep with you if she wants. She missed you so much. I'm sure she's so happy to be home with you. I'm glad you two are back together.

I agree.....so did Cully hog the bed :wink: Sure sounds like you still have a lot of challenges ahead of you Shaggy. :( But you got this, weren't you just riding the rapids, bathing in frigid water and digging your own latrine :wink:

Cully didn't hog me, but I sure knew she was there! And yup, I've got a ways to go, but I plan to be back to my old self soon! Speech is progressing a bit slowly, but progressing none the less. Right arm and hand are coming along pretty well. Left arm and leg are the worries right now. I work out every day and have PT three times a week, so I have hopes there too. Two big goals: get back home or at least to a more normal living Arrangement and get to drive!

And the Colorado River trip seems like ages ago, but was just last June! And I want to do it again!!!!

Your life is your story. Write well. Edit often.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:33 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

shaggyjohn wrote:
karen1 wrote:
beachgirl612 wrote:

I agree.....so did Cully hog the bed :wink: Sure sounds like you still have a lot of challenges ahead of you Shaggy. :( But you got this, weren't you just riding the rapids, bathing in frigid water and digging your own latrine :wink:

Cully didn't hog me, but I sure knew she was there! And yup, I've got a ways to go, but I plan to be back to my old self soon! Speech is progressing a bit slowly, but progressing none the less. Right arm and hand are coming along pretty well. Left arm and leg are the worries right now. I work out every day and have PT three times a week, so I have hopes there too. Two big goals: get back home or at least to a more normal living Arrangement and get to drive!

And the Colorado River trip seems like ages ago, but was just last June! And I want to do it again!!!!

Your communication seems to be much better. Keep working hard and make another Colorado River trip a reality.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:45 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

arubalova wrote:
shaggyjohn wrote:
karen1 wrote:
beachgirl612 wrote:

Your communication seems to be much better. Keep working hard and make another Colorado River trip a reality.

Thanks. I'm trying. Sometimes takes a while to get the thought put down correctly. But it is getting better I think. Thank goodness for spell correct! Still have the big c hanging out there but the docs seem pretty confident that I'm on a good path. Time will tell for that as well. After all that has happened health ways, the past few years have sucked! Hope whatever is next does not include the medical profession!

Your life is your story. Write well. Edit often.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:15 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

That all sounds pretty positive Shaggy. With the worst of winter behind us (she said, not even mid Feb but with no sn*w and 50 it seems that way :wink: )....things always seem better in the spring and sounds like you're on a good path to be able to get out and enjoy it when it gets here.