All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Accommodations in Arooba
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:38 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

We are planning on a summer trip and flexible on time from like end of May to end of July. My in laws will be joining us, and my 13 yo nephew that's been living with them. My BIL is a 50% chance at this time, so we will have 7 or 8 people. My MIL is getting them passports now.

We usually do a 3 bed condo in FL, so wanted to do the same on the island, but will be have issues on that? One 3 bed house told me 6 people only allowed, so wonder what I need to look for? Do they cap the # of people? Since my BIL might not be joining us, we didn't want to get in a situation to rent like a 2 bed and a 1 bed in case he doesn't come.
I got some leads but wondering mainly on # of occupants if you have any input I'd appreciate it. I would rather stay close to a beach in case my in laws want to explore on their own or go to beach, or if we do. In FL we get a condo on the beach so we love that accessibility.

So far I will look into:
Playa Linda
Costa Linda
Aruba Happy Rentals
Divi Phoenix
Surf Club
Tropicana
MyyArubaDreamVilla
GoldCoast
Arubawego

Any tips is appreciated!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:47 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I think most of the time shares will do a minimum of 8 with a 3 bedroom bc pretty much all of them have sleep sofas. I'm fairly sure too that Surf Club even does 12, bc it's 3 bedrooms and I'm pretty sure it's 3 sleep sofas. I don't remember you having a great experience there last time though.

There are 2 newer condo buildings. I think Blue is between Eagle and Palm. There's another one on Eagle - across the street from the beach... I can't remember the name. Mindy has stayed there. I'm sure someone here will know it.

FYI, Mike and I are taking the boys 5/28-6/3. :-)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:50 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Oceana is the one across from Eagle Beach. As to the issue of how many people are allowed my guess is you would have to check with each place...there may be different requirements.

(Lucille Ball)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:51 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

The only 3-bed units at PL are the Townhouses. They're nice.

We say that there is no choice only to comfort ourselves with a decision we have already made.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:53 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Ohh usually the dates we go! This year it will depend on airfares and hotel prices :lol: since I am home, mom is flexible to come whenever also so she doesn't have to be here first week of June like normal.

We had a great experience at Surf Club! My only complaint was never getting a Palapa or chair at pool was always hard to find :twisted: I don't like that at all.

I think one of the condo buildings might be Oceania? I think I got info on it also.

I will check redweek also but as I recall you need to pay to get access, correct?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:09 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

ArubaMilie wrote:
Ohh usually the dates we go! This year it will depend on airfares and hotel prices :lol: since I am home, mom is flexible to come whenever also so she doesn't have to be here first week of June like normal.

We had a great experience at Surf Club! My only complaint was never getting a Palapa or chair at pool was always hard to find :twisted: I don't like that at all.

I think one of the condo buildings might be Oceania? I think I got info on it also.

I will check redweek also but as I recall you need to pay to get access, correct?

Oceana - yes, that's the one I was thinking of.
Surf Club - Yeah, I thought I remembered the palapa/chair situation was tough for y'all at various times of the day. You were there in mid-late June last time, but I think late May/early June wouldn't be as crowded bc most kids in the NE aren't out yet. Funny, how we normally go in November, but both of our June trips (might) hit yours. We're celebrating all kids graduating HS (TJ this past year and Matthew this year). Our joke has always been that we wouldn't take them until they were both 18. 2 more months - and we'll have adult kids. Wow!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:31 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

It goes too fast Donna!!! I keep thinking Isabella will be 7 but nope it's 8!!! Before you blink they will be gone that's why I am loving my time home with them.

You will have a great trip with them!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:11 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I would look into Costa Linda, it's a very nice timeshare right on the beach. Great place for kid's. It's a Fri-Fri timeshare. I don't stay there but have been in one of the units. Redweek has a 3 bedroom ground floor unit available Memorial Day week May 25-June 1. Sleeps 8. 4 full bathrooms. http://www.costalinda-aruba.com/suites.asp