All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Tuesday evening eats/HH
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:08 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We are 60 miles away from Cape Canerveral, but went out to watch the Falcon Heavy space launch a little while ago. We only see the rocket flaming upward. Still part of our experience in Central Florida. A gorgeous 77-degree day BTW.

Anyway, not cooking tonight. Going about 3/4 mile to a friend's home. Eye round of roast, mashed taters, broccoli and a low-cal WW cheesecake recipe...our friends are going to WW again. Sure that these invited guests will enjoy a glass of vino before the meal!

Bon appetit!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:23 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

In with Pinot Grigio.....we had rib eye steak with broccoli tots. It was 80 degrees here in North Central Florida. What a beautiful day for February.
We have been taking our car pad back. When we moved in, it was all covered with grass. Upon further investigation, we realized there was a poured car pad under all that grass. So.....being crazy Senior Citizens, we have decided to dig up the dirt, sand and grass and relocate it to the back of the house. 20 ft by 20 ft 8 inches deep (on average) is a lot. But we have always been over achievers and are enjoying the hard work. There is 25% left....but we will do it!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:29 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

8) John :shock: Maryanne. I have to keep telling George we can't be doing everything ourselves. I don't think he would attempt that. What are you doing with it in the back?

We successfully shooed the squirrel out of Mike's house today and he was relieved. We had oven backed ribs and I had D/O roasted potatoes and he had D/O pilaf and corn. Wild Turkey tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:53 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers with a beer. We had pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes and crisp green beans for supper. Boring day compared to you folks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:26 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We had prime rib and broccoli.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:54 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Dinner at Hung Paradise. Nice visit with the son of the owners....he was 10 when we first had dinner there. Tropical next door has been sold to the owners of Sultan's...the only evidence is each outside table had a Hooka on it :roll: . No Lebanese food...music and 4 outside tv's...not a problem though. I had two glasses of pinot! Cleaning service did a great job at my house today....my philosophy is 'just because I can does not mean I want to" :lol: As Maryanne would say....life is wicked good (tonight! :wink: )

(Lucille Ball)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:17 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

ann wrote:
Dinner at Hung Paradise. Nice visit with the son of the owners....he was 10 when we first had dinner there. Tropical next door has been sold to the owners of Sultan's...the only evidence is each outside table had a Hooka on it :roll: . No Lebanese food...music and 4 outside tv's...not a problem though. I had two glasses of pinot! Cleaning service did a great job at my house today....my philosophy is 'just because I can does not mean I want to" :lol: As Maryanne would say....life is wicked good (tonight! :wink: )

He's friendly just like his mom.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:26 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

left over goulash and drinking Lites.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:07 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

confused1 wrote:
ann wrote:

He's friendly just like his mom.

Yes he is. Always comes to the table to chat....fills us in on the Seaport news! :wink:

(Lucille Ball)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:16 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

JohnT wrote:
We are 60 miles away from Cape Canerveral, but went out to watch the Falcon Heavy space launch a little while ago. We only see the rocket flaming upward. Still part of our experience in Central Florida. A gorgeous 77-degree day BTW.

Anyway, not cooking tonight. Going about 3/4 mile to a friend's home. Eye round of roast, mashed taters, broccoli and a low-cal WW cheesecake recipe...our friends are going to WW again. Sure that these invited guests will enjoy a glass of vino before the meal!

Bon appetit!

Saw the recap on the news this morning, very cool!!