Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Re: Sunday morning
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:17 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

shaggyjohn wrote:
Hello, this is John's daughter writing for him. Papa was admitted to St. V's Tuesday night. He has contracted the flu and with his weakened immune system has had a difficult time fighting the infection. He is slowly recovering and we expect he will be transferred to his assisted living facility later today. He thanks all of you for your thoughts and expects to begin to post in the near future. He said that he misses HH so he sends cheers to everyone.

Thank you for the update, good to hear Shaggy is getting better & will be back with us soon. We missed you

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:28 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Daughter Youngest - We are so glad you checked in for your Papa. We've been so worried, and I assumed he must be back in the hospital. We're so glad to hear he may be coming 'home' today. If you re-read this again, maybe you could 'private message' one of us by clicking the "pm" button at the bottom left of anyone's post and give us your email address. We really worry when he doesn't check in for a few days, so it would be nice for one of us to be able to connect with you. Thanks.

Good afternoon. It's been a busy few days. We left Friday afternoon after lots of teenage drama and went to Ga Southern University for one last look around on Saturday to make sure this is really where he wants to go. We'd been once in his sophomore year when TJ was the main one looking. This time, we got to go into 3 dorm buildings and see several different room styles. That helped a lot. I truly think I'm going to cry from now until - well, I don't know when. He'll move in on 8/10. It's really starting to hit me. Anyway - home last night and ready for a showing bt 1-2pm today, then family comes after 2pm to celebrate Mom's bday w/ a late lunch that my sister is bringing (I made the cake last night), and then on to friends for super bowl. Mike heads back to Tx tmrw.

Have a great afternoon/evening.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:33 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

shaggyjohn wrote:
Hello, this is John's daughter writing for him. Papa was admitted to St. V's Tuesday night. He has contracted the flu and with his weakened immune system has had a difficult time fighting the infection. He is slowly recovering and we expect he will be transferred to his assisted living facility later today. He thanks all of you for your thoughts and expects to begin to post in the near future. He said that he misses HH so he sends cheers to everyone.

Thank you for the update, I've been so worried about him because of his weakened immune system. I'm glad to hear that he is able to go back to his facility. Please let him know that George and I are thinking of him and wishing him a speedy recovery.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:51 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

[quote="DonnaLee"]Daughter Youngest - We are so glad you checked in for your Papa. We've been so worried, and I assumed he must be back in the hospital. We're so glad to hear he may be coming 'home' today. If you re-read this again, maybe you could 'private message' one of us by clicking the "pm" button at the bottom left of anyone's post and give us your email address. We really worry when he doesn't check in for a few days, so it would be nice for one of us to be able to connect with you. Thanks./quote]

Yes, that would be great.

Good afternoon, a wonderful day as I slept until past noon. :D :D

Is the game over yet?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:55 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Thank you Daughter Youngest! So glad to get an update on Shaggy. I hope you read this and are able to pm a contact so we can keep up with him. Prayers for Shaggy getting well quickly!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:02 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

degored wrote:
Good morning everyone. Just a lazy day on the couch before the game.

GO WHOEVER GETS ME MONEY IN MY SB SQUARES!!

Good~Morning!
Those are my words too Kelly. :lol: I'd like to see the Eagles win....they never won a SB....plus they are a team from my state of Pennsylvania!
Continued prayers for Shaggy!
Judi.....glad you and Dick are feeling better!
43 more days till SPRING!!! 8)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:12 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

ronnieb wrote:
patsfan wrote:
Thanks for the Shaggy update. Sorry he caught the flu but happy to hear he did fight it off and will be able to return to his own place.

Ditto!

Double ditto!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:33 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good afternoon.
Thanks for the update on your Papa, daughter youngest. We all worry about him. Glad he will be transferred back to the assisted living facility today. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
We were suppose to go to our neighbors house for the big game. Mario woke up a bit sniffly and doesn't want to go.
Congrats to Tom Brady for winning MVP. :)

Have a great day.

Trip #16 to our favorite island.
October/November 2017

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:30 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Thank you DY (Cali?) for updating us on your dad!
We've been very worried but glad he's improving and can get back to his temporary place with his buddy!
Please let him know we are all thinking of him and wishing him the best!!!