The Aruba Forums
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here



CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Saturday Dinner
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:28 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 7:13 pm
Posts: 25635
Location: Long Island
I just put a small roast beef in the oven with potatoes, onions, carrots, peppers and.....garlic. What's for dinner at your house?

_________________
Dogs have masters. Cats have staff.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saturday Dinner
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:47 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:30 pm
Posts: 8055
Dinner is courtesy of a few of the stands I stopped at today at The West Side Market. Homemade hot cheddar kielbasa, collard greens w/smoked turkey, tomatillo salsa(with Scoops of course).

_________________
Kelly(the male version!)


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saturday Dinner
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:50 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 7:13 pm
Posts: 25635
Location: Long Island
degored wrote:
Dinner is courtesy of a few of the stands I stopped at today at The West Side Market. Homemade hot cheddar kielbasa, collard greens w/smoked turkey, tomatillo salsa(with Scoops of course).


Sounds good, did you avoid the crowds?

_________________
Dogs have masters. Cats have staff.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saturday Dinner
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:52 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:32 pm
Posts: 16232
Location: North Huntingdon/Pittsburgh
A large salad and pizza! Can't wait till tomorrow's dinner! :lol: :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saturday Dinner
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:55 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2002 6:48 pm
Posts: 22496
Location: Uptown, Georgia, USA
Nuked a couple Ball Park franks.

_________________
We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saturday Dinner
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:57 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:30 pm
Posts: 8055
arubalova wrote:
degored wrote:
Dinner is courtesy of a few of the stands I stopped at today at The West Side Market. Homemade hot cheddar kielbasa, collard greens w/smoked turkey, tomatillo salsa(with Scoops of course).


Sounds good, did you avoid the crowds?



Yes I did. Got there about 9 and there was plenty of parking and not tons of people inside. Although I'm sure that changed.

www.westsidemarket.org

_________________
Kelly(the male version!)


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saturday Dinner
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:20 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 1:20 pm
Posts: 29685
Location: MA
I warmed a half spiral ham I got on sale (39.87 on sale for $.99/#) for 8.87
Half for this week and froze the other

_________________
Kat
Todays mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held it's ground.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saturday Dinner
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:40 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:02 am
Posts: 13654
Location: Massachusetts
kathy&jim wrote:
I warmed a half spiral ham I got on sale (39.87 on sale for $.99/#) for 8.87
Half for this week and froze the other


Great deal Kat! We had leftover Chinese tonight.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saturday Dinner
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:24 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert

Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 4:47 pm
Posts: 5412
Location: Ormond Beach, FL
We had a big lunch while strolling around St. Augustine this afternoon.
Kudos to "The Floridian" on Spanish Street.
She had the "bay of pigs" sandwich...cooked pork without the BBQ sauce. Nice! I had the FGT Hoagie (with chicken).

Home at 6:30 PM. Not a lot of interest in food. We finally nuked a potato-beef burger leftover. There was a leftover meatball and sauce from a pizza order.
Put those together and they spell 'simple supper'. And the refrigerator is less crowded.

Yummo...on all counts.

_________________
Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be. --- Grandma Moses


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saturday Dinner
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:41 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2002 6:48 pm
Posts: 22496
Location: Uptown, Georgia, USA
JohnT wrote:
We had a big lunch while strolling around St. Augustine this afternoon.
Kudos to "The Floridian" on Spanish Street.
She had the "bay of pigs" sandwich...cooked pork without the BBQ sauce. Nice! I had the FGT Hoagie (with chicken).

Home at 6:30 PM. Not a lot of interest in food. We finally nuked a potato-beef burger leftover. There was a leftover meatball and sauce from a pizza order.
Put those together and they spell 'simple supper'. And the refrigerator is less crowded.

Yummo...on all counts.


The Floridian is one of our "must go" favorites in St Augustine!

_________________
We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saturday Dinner
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:37 am 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert

Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 7:49 am
Posts: 4474
Location: Tampa Bay Area FL
Made chicken cutlets with extra eggplant slices which I had frozen from a prior parmesan. Spinach side.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group