All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Saturday night supper
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:57 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I made baked cheese filled Manicotti along with hot & sweet Italian sausage.
A loaf of crusty bread from the deli, also made a chocolate pie.
My sister Bonnie and brother Rick and our sister in-law should all be here and minute now.
Have red and white to drink~

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:00 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

we have leftover pasta and sausage. kenny already ate im not hungry yet. i did just pour a glass of cab....cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:09 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Made a big ol' crock pot full of 3 bean chili.....zero points on the new WW :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:26 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I'm having chili dogs, Scoops/salsa and dip. Sipping on a 12 Dogs of Christmas Ale while channel surfing.

Salute and bon appetit!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:04 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Mike had a meatball sandwich on a bulkie roll. I just had some sausage - didn't want a roll. About to pour a glass of red - gnarly head double black.
Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:09 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We finished the last of the fish soup...husband had hot dogs in real rolls as a side :wink: I had crackers with an herb and garlic cheese...opened a bottle of semi sweet bubbly a friend gave to me...added cranberry juice (SIL likes cranberry and we had an open bottle to finish) ....trying to clean out the fridge of odds and ends...neither of us will drink the leftover beer and it is not Judi's brand soooo that stays in fridge :wink: My mother sounds like herself when I spoke with her tonight...two nights ago she had a fever and was not feeling well...the good news is she does not remember feeling poorly :lol: and more good news...where she is living...they are right on top of each issue ! " Life is wicked good tonight"...cheers!

(Lucille Ball)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:10 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Pat7 wrote:
Mike had a meatball sandwich on a bulkie roll. I just had some sausage - didn't want a roll. About to pour a glass of red - gnarly head double black.
Cheers!

Ooooo I will have to look for it ....love Gnarly Head Merlot.

(Lucille Ball)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:18 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

ann wrote:
Pat7 wrote:
Cheers!

Ooooo I will have to look for it ....love Gnarly Head Merlot.

It says 1924 limited edition. It's good. Also have their old vine zin which I have not tried yet. My sister brought a few bottles to the party and left them for me. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:40 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Oven roasted chicken with bacon, mushrooms and garlic, with side of roasted bs. Enjoying a glass of Coppola Rosso & Blanco.

AUA #30 May '18
AUA #31 Nov '18

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:17 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Daughter youngest brought some frozen fish fillets and steak fries and made some fish and chips. Also made a small salad. Brought some muffins from a pretty good bakery too, so breakfast will be enjoyable! Niece who took care of Cully stopped by earlier. Cully had a ball. Two friends stopped by too, but they didn't stay long. Guess my inability to speak well drove them off. :oops:

Enjoy the evening!

Your life is your story. Write well. Edit often.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:28 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

shaggyjohn wrote:
Daughter youngest brought some frozen fish fillets and steak fries and made some fish and chips. Also made a small salad. Brought some muffins from a pretty good bakery too, so breakfast will be enjoyable! Niece who took care of Cully stopped by earlier. Cully had a ball. Two friends stopped by too, but they didn't stay long. Guess my inability to speak well drove them off. :oops:

Enjoy the evening!

Well, you can't get rid of us that easy. :wink: Does youngest daughter live fairly close?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:34 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Sounds like a pretty good day Shaggy. You need some younger friends, the kind that sit in the same room and text each other :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:36 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Don't worry about that, Shaggy. It takes people some time to adjust when they see their loved ones having a hard time. We love ya - and so do they.

We stopped at a little pizza place in Athens w/ TJ. It was great pizza! Swung by Mom's on the way home and had a drink / visited w/ her for a little while.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:40 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Shaggy, your friends probably did not know what to say to you to make it better. It is hard to watch a buddy struggle and not be able to fix it.
Saturday nite supper? Birthday Cake.
Son in Law's mom and sister came to visit the new baby today, they came over to see our house and then went out for dinner while we babysat. ( :D :D :D ) Jackson got a little fussy so Papa put Willie's Roadhouse on the radio and we sang and danced. When they came home I had birthday cake for his sister. What a great night.....life sure is wicked good.
Even on days that it sucks, as long as you are on this side of the weeds, it is good.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:52 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

karen1 wrote:
Sounds like a pretty good day Shaggy. You need some younger friends, the kind that sit in the same room and text each other :lol:

It was a pretty good day, Karen. Would have been better if it was 70° warmer and the only cold thing was a barley pop in my hand. :D DY lives about 12 miles from here, but she is busy busy busy! Full time job, full time school and a cranky old man to look after. And I think there's a wannabe boy friend in the mix somewhere. Sure will be glad when I can fend for myself again…poor girl!

Not sure about the texting, tho. Right now have enough trouble with this keyboard on my iPad!

And if I haven't said it lately, I really appreciate all of the swampers kind words and well wishes.y'all sure brighten my day!

Your life is your story. Write well. Edit often.