It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:59 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

January 3. This might be the earliest ever that I've completely finished taking down all decorations from Christmas. It might possibly be bc I wasn't hung over or exhausted from a NYE party (and clean up)! :lol: Mike brought up the boxes on NYD, and took them back to the basement after I filled them. The boys helped me take all ornaments off tree yesterday morning, and then just now - Matthew helped haul all the outside decor and the empty tree down to the basement storage room and arrange all the boxes around it. I think I also hurried a bit this time, as realtors are likely coming this weekend to discuss putting the house back on the market.

So - I'd say Cheers - except we have to leave for church volunteer work in a few minutes. Then, meeting Mom and my nephew for Mexican after!

And your dinner/HH plans?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:09 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We are headed to LG Smith for dinner...likely will have red!

(Lucille Ball)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:25 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

wow, i could never do both inside and out in the same day. good luck with the realtors.

due to the sunny 23 degree weather and "grayson" coming our way we got all the outside decorations down and put away. kenny even helped :shock:
maybe i'll tackle the inside this weekend. just put stuffed shells in the oven, ginger ale tonight

cheers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:39 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Did Mike ever find out about the new tree? My decorations will take all of ten minutes to take down - some lights and garland on the living room railing and a nativity. Waiting for the three wisenheimers to come on 1/6 before I take it down. Having a glass of red wine and dinner will be donover turkey with mashed potatoes. Sounds like the weather people are not sure about what this storm is bringing us tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:13 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Sue's making her mac & cheese casserole :D Forecast is saying now 10"-16" which is fine but not 40-60mph winds, and my boss wants us in work tomorrow and in his words, "we'll see if it gets bad" :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:14 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I actually took down all my Christmas stuff (minus one tree) on Saturday......really early for me.
I'm making a Rachel Ray recipe tonight.......Portuguese Fish Supper. It smells so yummy.
Hope you're feeling a bit better, Shaggy.

Laura....I was wondering the same about Donna's tree. :lol: :lol:

Trip #16 to our favorite island.
October/November 2017

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:29 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I didn't wanna take down my black Christmas tree.....really wanted to keep it up all year. But I did..... :cry: Had baked garlic shrimp and corn tots for dinner with Pinot Grigio and hot apple pie. Wahoo!!! Going to visit that sweet grand baby in the morning, SIL will build a fire and I will get to snuggle that little one. Life is GOOD. Oh, so GOOD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:38 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Soda crackers and mild cheddar is supper. Water to drink. Table top tree will go in the closet tomorrow.

Cheers!

Your life is your story. Write well. Edit often.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:02 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers everyone! I'm in with a beer but not doing any decoration work. :lol: Maybe this weekend during the deep freeze. We had linguine with sauce, meatballs and sausage. We closed the office (work from home) already. I made my mind up this AM, prepped the boss at lunch and just waited for the governor to say stay off the road before sending the official notice. :wink:
Stay safe everyone. Feel better Shaggy!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:45 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers
I did laundry and the dishes from the dishwasher :roll: so I don't need to run them in the cold this weekend.

I'm very anxious about the storm with 12-16", higher winds and the weather guessers are talking wind chills to -25 on Friday night
Burst pipes would be a nightmare
But Jim is working at home tomorrow instead of having to stay in RI like all the other storms
Makes me feel better!
Not sure I've ever experienced that type of cold and really hoping they are wrong

I think I need another beer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:19 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

kathy&jim wrote:
Cheers
I did laundry and the dishes from the dishwasher :roll: so I don't need to run them in the cold this weekend.

I'm very anxious about the storm with 12-16", higher winds and the weather guessers are talking wind chills to -25 on Friday night
But Jim is working at home tomorrow instead of having to stay in RI like all the other storms
Makes me feel better!
Not sure I've ever experienced that type of cold and really hoping they are wrong

Crap Kat, that kind of cold is scary. At least Jim will be home. Put on a hat and drink lots of tea. Keeping humidity in the air is a good thing. I used to put on a big pot of water, threw in some cinnamon, lemon peels and anything that would smell good. Have candles ready incase the power goes out and perhaps a Scrabble game ready. I will be with you in spirit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:54 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Wow! Sounds like y'all are really in for it up there. Be safe! Coastal GA and SC got snow, but we are too far inland for this storm - but it's darn cold out there for us.

Linda - I didn't do it all in one day. I did inside decor (less tree) on NYD. Took ornaments off the tree yesterday. Then today, took the tree downstairs and took everything down outside, so it was a 3 day process. Crap - actually, I just realized that the back desk still has lights on it (the only outdoor lights I bothered putting up this year). I like seeing them from the kitchen window.

Mike didn't notice the new tree at all. Truly, I figured he wouldn't. it was 1.5' shorter, but more girth than the old one; go figure. Even though I bought it on impulse - w/out much to choose from, I was very happy with it - less girth would have been nice though (don't we all wish for that - haha!). I couldn't keep the secret though, so I told him either later that night when he got home or next morning. Once I told him how quickly I sold the other one and had it picked up, he didn't care - and was fine w/ it!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:05 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers! Just popped the cork on my 1st Lite.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:39 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

kathy&jim wrote:
Cheers

Makes me feel better!

Kat, that's cold! One thing tho: wind chill is a measure of the "feels like" temperature on humans and animals and the amount of heat loss due to wind and cold. Inanimate objects will not get any colder than the surrounding air regardless of wind chill.

It's still cold tho!

Your life is your story. Write well. Edit often.