It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:30 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I have had several people over the years, say I should, but I am not a writer, I'm a carpet cleaner :lol: ...About the farthest from a writer than I can think.
I could not do a book report in school...LOL...It was not until 2005 and I went to Aruba, and did my report did I write.

The Island brought out in me a passion that would make a grown man cry....As I stood overlooking the ocean, as the sun came up...Well...I felt a warmth come over me that I had never felt, and in that warmth I felt whole.
I was alone, the trade winds were flowing right through me, as that sun rose up from the earth, and in it's majestic nature made me feel one

What I discovered in that was my " passion for expressing feelings "...I knew at a young age I was " as we say sensitive "...My Mother would say...That quality in me, is what made her the proudest, how I could always turn the other cheek.

From that freakled face child, came a 6.3 moose :mrgreen:

In a section of my computer are " snipies " I would call them...There are hundreds of my thoughts about everything...My out let from this life, This world that as gotten so ugly...and in that uglyness, brings me great sadness.

Why would a higher power allow children to suffer, or animals to suffer, for wives to to be abused by their husbands, For fathers to abuse their daughters...and so on.

It is my thought , that in that suffering brings a light that will shine beyond us all..." suffer on this earth, and then rise up, to the glory that is beyond.

So...What you have just read, comes flowing out of me in seconds, I can not type fast enough :roll:
and then in a moment, it is gone, I feel drained....I can not write 2 more words. :?

It is only when " life " and all it gives me at one time, make me sit, and release what I feel...If I had my choice, I would just read, and not subject myself to the world.
The world as a whole, just cuts me like a knife, and smiles while it happens :cry:

So in all this is my question, What kinda book should I write.
Romance, The hot and juicy stuff :lol: :lol: ...Or...A western, when the cowboy rescues the farm maid ( and then spends the night in the barn ) :mrgreen:

What a moment...That might be all juicy...LOL

So it has happened, my 2 more words can not come.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:32 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

That would be great, we could help edit the book. I love moose. The world needs more romantic guys like you.

RIP SJ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:33 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Do it. The hero must sleep on benches and the heroine must hit him with frying pans. All kidding aside, I think you should. It would be a good read.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:02 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

nothing like words from the heart, could just be the snippets you already have. the ones you share here bring emotions to all of us. i think its a great idea.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:29 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

You need a small tape recorder and keep it nearby when the thoughts start flowing...tape it....then type it out later. This way you won't forget some of the gems that disappear as fast as they come into your head compounded by the other thoughts. Too much to try to recall.

(So many times in bed when I am either falling asleep or waking up and I think of this or that or want to look up this or that and then poof....gone!!!! Makes me crazy sometimes....lol.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:05 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Do it Bp , your writings are so worthy and right from the heart , you’d be one great author ☺️
Deb.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:14 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Do it! I like the idea of basing the hero on you as an outwardly looking tough guy with a soft heart :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:50 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Just do it Dan...…………..I told you that years ago.....you sure have a way with expressing yourself with words.
My sisters friends just wrote a book....I read it in 2 days.....the only thing you'd have to change is how we both use the (...……..)< (DOTS)!!! :lol:
Really and seriously think about it Dan.....I would definitely buy your book and read it!!! :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:38 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Dar..... :lol: :lol:

I like using the ..... too!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:29 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I'm scared of it all, Thanks for all your suggestions.
George can fall asleep in the car while we travel, and I talk to her :lol:
Then she wakes up and says..." why did you stop talking " :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:49 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

patsfan wrote:
Dar..... :lol: :lol:

I like using the ..... too!

Keep on dotting away patsfan……..I love the dots!!!!! Love the exclamation marks too!!!!! :lol: