It is currently Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:30 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

If you look at my initial post I simply stated that covid will not go away any time soon . Getting a vaccine and still spreading the virus doesn't help . This is with the notion that the vaccine is doing its job . Not to mention the virus is constantly mutating and that is a very big unknown . Further the fact most governments are asking for a test before getting on a plane also points to a situation that will take time to control .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:55 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

jaccli wrote:
Actually there is no vaccine that has any proven effect on the virus . Hence the masks , social distancing and quarantine even after being vaccinated . Hopefully we will have more information in the coming months .

This is what you wrote. I understood this statement in the same way dutchdushi did. It may not have been what you meant but it is what you said!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:57 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

jaccli wrote:
If you look at my initial post I simply stated that covid will not go away any time soon . Getting a vaccine and still spreading the virus doesn't help . This is with the notion that the vaccine is doing its job . Not to mention the virus is constantly mutating and that is a very big unknown . Further the fact most governments are asking for a test before getting on a plane also points to a situation that will take time to control .

This vaccin works in the exact way as any other vaccin. And if enough people get vaccinated (and the willingness is large in many countries), it will no longer be a pandemic disease with a high mortality rate. So all those measures are not necessary any more. Although hygiene is always a good advice.

I suggest you really study a bit more about how vaccins work and what is their effect on the spreading of diseases before you make such bold statements as in your first post.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:15 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Sorry for correcting you again but no this is not a typical vaccine . mRMA is a new technology and has never been used before in vaccine . The Oxford -AstraZeneca does seem to be more of a typical vaccine but more needs to be studied . You have to remember that all covid vaccines have been fast tracked for emergency use . I do agree with your statement regarding hygiene and I would also add that we should still be willing to sacrifice some of our comforts for the heath and well being of the most vulnerable .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:28 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Yes, it is a new technology, but the effect is the same. The vaccines were developed faster than usual, but also with much more money and time put in it than normal!