All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: New place to stay
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:58 pm 
Junior

We own at the Surf Club and we were able to get a week on the 15th through interval. We are staying through the 24th and need a place to stay for two nights at the end of our stay. We would normally stay at one of the Marriott properties but since it’s just the wife and I we are discussing staying somewhere out of our “comfort zone”. We have been going to Aruba since 2004. Thought I would see what what kind of suggestions are out there.
Thanks
Jeff

Post subject: Re: New place to stay
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:54 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Hi, Jeff. It depends on how _much_ out of your comfort zone you want to go...

Do you still want to stay on Palm Beach, but just in a different property? Then I'd suggest the Hilton, or the Hyatt.

Want to be on Eagle Beach instead? You might try to find someone with a couple of days on their timeshare at, for example, the Costa Linda.

Do you want further abroad? There are a few properties in Savaneta (mid-island), and of course there are AirBnB's all over the place if you want to be out of a "regular" hotel or timeshare.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:25 am 
Senior

My wife and I have always stayed at different places in our 19 years of coming to the island. We own at Casa del Mar for two weeks, but always extend our stay. It really depends on your taste and your comfort zone. Personally, we have liked MVC for value, love Amsterdam Manor, but it can get pricey.
A little off the beaten path, we liked Swiss Paradise, but you really need a car to get to the beach. In addition if you have a car Club Arias is very nice. There are so many choices, just a matter of comfort, cost, and location. Hope I have helped.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:08 am 
Senior

One time a few years back, we did stay in Savaneta for a few nights. I thought it was very different and interesting to be on that part of the island. You have Zeerovers and flying fishbone in walking distance and I walked to a local market for snacks and drinks. We didn't have a car at the time but I found the walks thru the neighborhoods nice. If you did have a car, there are many more options for exploration.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:47 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

How about downtown?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:05 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

We stayed a few extra days at the Renaissance downtown (family one) with an eye to visiting Renaissance island. We enjoyed the island and the different perspective that you get downtown. Also stayed at Talk of the Town and watched flights coming and going and enjoyed Surfside beach.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:36 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We've stayed at the Renaissance Marina multiple times to extend our stay before/after Palm Beach. We enjoy the private island and walkability to downtown restaurants.

We also tried Savaneta once.... right next to Flying Fishbone. It was just 'ok' for me. I prefer a little more civilization.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:45 pm 
Junior

Thanks for all of the replys. I think we are going to bypass palm beach and either do Eagle beach or downtown the last two nights. I appreciate everyone’s input!