It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:53 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Today there were 94 cases (84 residents and 10 non-resident) diagnosed since yesterday's numbers were released, and 66 patients marked "recovered", so there are now 538 active cases.

757 people were tested since yesterday, including 421 at the airport on arrival and 336 at the hospital or private labs. In total, 71,418 people have been tested, including 43,270 at the airport.

At the hospital, there are 7 patients in the ICU and 3 patients in the "covid ward".

Notes:
- Enhanced measures are now in effect through at least 31 January. Curfew from 11pm to 5am; businesses must all close by 10pm. Hotel and timeshare businesses and guests are excepted; guests don't necessarily need to be in their rooms at that time, but they must be on the property. If you have any questions, please speak with your front desk. Please see this post for the full details on the new restrictions.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:14 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Any scuttlebutt of the island shutting the borders with the numbers soaring?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:21 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

froggy wrote:

It is literally the very last thing the prime minister would consider doing. I think the US would ground all its aircraft before Aruba would close its borders.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:43 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

bryanzs wrote:
froggy wrote:

It is literally the very last thing the prime minister would consider doing. I think the US would ground all its aircraft before Aruba would close its borders.

Ditto! I checked back...in September there were over 1500 active cases...borders opened to USA.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:53 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I wonder if they will start to post the vaccination numbers? Have they posted any info on the roll out of the vaccine or how they plan to get everyone done?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:02 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

happyt1 wrote:
I wonder if they will start to post the vaccination numbers? Have they posted any info on the roll out of the vaccine or how they plan to get everyone done?

Not yet. At this moment they are working on a plan who and how to vaccinate the people. This is a demand before they get the vaccins and the freezer from the Netherlands. The idea is that the first vaccins will arrive mid February. Aruba will probably follow the Dutch in that they will first vaccinate health workers and elderly people in assisted living facilities.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:19 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

We didn't think they would shut down because of the money that is brought but he question was brought up and where to get the best answer is right here.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:40 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

ann wrote:
bryanzs wrote:
froggy wrote:

Ditto! I checked back...in September there were over 1500 active cases...borders opened to USA.

I think the bigger issue is the impact on the hospital. Does Aruba have a plan if the beds in the Covid ward and ICU are filled to capacity?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:01 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

casadelmar wrote:
I think the bigger issue is the impact on the hospital. Does Aruba have a plan if the beds in the Covid ward and ICU are filled to capacity?

When Aruba had its last (huge) surge of cases, Holland sent staff and supplies to increase the number of people ICU and the "covid ward" could support. DutchDushi could correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there is even a "hospital ship" that can be sent in case of a true crisis.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:45 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

bryanzs wrote:
casadelmar wrote:

When Aruba had its last (huge) surge of cases, Holland sent staff and supplies to increase the number of people ICU and the "covid ward" could support. DutchDushi could correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there is even a "hospital ship" that can be sent in case of a true crisis.

You are 100% correct, Bryan!