It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:41 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

With the roll-out of vaccinations, I was wondering when Aruba will modify their testing policies for those who have been vaccinated? Will proof of vaccination substitute for testing requirements?
Many are starting to receive vaccinations and hopefully that will change the landscape. I know once vaccinated I'll be much more comfortable traveling.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:32 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

m61376 wrote:
With the roll-out of vaccinations, I was wondering when Aruba will modify their testing policies for those who have been vaccinated? Will proof of vaccination substitute for testing requirements?
Many are starting to receive vaccinations and hopefully that will change the landscape. I know once vaccinated I'll be much more comfortable traveling.

I personally do not see any changes to the testing policy for a long time until it’s determined there is at least herd immunity for several reasons.

o It has not been determined how long a person’s antibodies will last after having Covid and/or the vaccine.
o. There are scientists who state the vaccine will either protect against the virus and/or reduce the severity of the illness similar to the flu shot.
o. It is believed even with the vaccine, a person can still spread the virus.
o. Will mutations of the virus require vaccination on an annual basis like flu shots?

Obviously there are probably more reasons why testing will not be eliminated.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:36 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

casadelmar wrote:
m61376 wrote:

I personally do not see any changes to the testing policy for a long time until it’s determined there is at least herd immunity for several reasons.

o It has not been determined how long a person’s antibodies will last after having Covid and/or the vaccine.
o. There are scientists who state the vaccine will either protect against the virus and/or reduce the severity of the illness similar to the flu shot.
o. It is believed even with the vaccine, a person can still spread the virus.
o. Will mutations of the virus require vaccination on an annual basis like flu shots?

Obviously there are probably more reasons why testing will not be eliminated.

??? Why have a vaccine then? :? I'm sure it's coming people that had the shot get a free pass.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:47 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Ronnie, perhaps when all States and Countries of the world have a secure, honest way to distribute the vaccine confirmation information. As we all know you can't trust the individual and you can't trust someone not to print their own 'vaccine card'. Aruba is in the process of taking part in an electronic system but it has not as yet been verified. Why get the vaccine? To protect your own health and the health of those you love. It has nothing to do with travel!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:02 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

The vaccine protects you from getting ill. You can still carry the virus and give it to other people. Until the majority of the population is vaccined, I expect you still have to show a negative test.