All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Enough already
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:09 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

As far as I know other the Lindaspooky, ArubaAmy and Me none of you have been to Aruba since the Pandemic ramped up and appears that many of you have no intention of going in 2021 maybe possibly 2022 as you have stated.

Why do we have Bryan researching and spending his time daily putting together what can easily be found on Visitaruba and Aruba.com and other sites. When he didn't post quick enough you people bitched and moaned. Give the guy a break.

I bet you have no idea about the actual numbers where you live. That is what you should be most concerned about.

What's so important about the Aruba numbers. You ain't going.

Give Bryan and Aruba a break.

Post subject: Re: Enough already
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:55 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

i believe i made this same point on oct. 12th:

Quote:
No offense to you Bryanzs, but do we really need this every day?

This info that you are posting is neither a general question nor answer, which is the title of the forum. Again no offense.

The info that you are reporting can be accessed by everyone that is posting here on the board. If you can respond to bryanzs’ posts, you can access the info yourself.

And please, stop asking about what if’s!

If you want to come to Aruba, come on down. If you don’t, then don’t. Simple as that. Stop worrying about the “covid hotel”. Stop worrying about is it safe.

It is safe here. The covid hotel is actually the ritz. Everyone is wearing a mask. There is sanitizer up the wazoo. There is social distancing.

Enough already!

and then certain posters decided to bash. will you get bashed, too? oh wait, YOU were the basher

Quote:
arubajoey

As I look at your photo little girl and your rude comments I have to ask why at your age do you you have such anger issues. I am sure your mommy and daddy don't know about this post. You need a time out. Go to your room and think about of what you have done and write bryanzs and all the adults (not me) an apology.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:54 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

:lol: Judi! :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:50 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

joey you are right about local numbers. not sure about NYC but here they just list new cases per week and total cases by township. our township includes multiple towns some of which we rarely go to, doesn't help me at all.

of course our states/towns are much larger than the island but knowing the number of active cases like the island reports would be much more helpful.

i still check the numbers here as its convenient for me while i check into the swamp, your secretly favorite place :lol:

oh and im going next year.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:55 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Joey just likes to hear himself type. He really means no harm!!

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:34 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

This website...... this ARUBA website has over 12,000 registered users!

Active users as well as the ever present lurkers read in here for their "Aruba fix" frequently if not daily.
That one person speaks out against providing daily updates in here on Covid info with the point of stopping those updates is truly selfish.

The 12K people who read in here were doing so long before Covid came along. Continuing to read in here for all Aruba info including Covid numbers is akin to 'one stop shopping'.

Bryan has unselfishly chosen to provide all of us who wish to read, the daily accounting of a dangerous problem. I hope he doesn't stop doing so because of one person.

Thank you, Bryan.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:38 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Another thanks to Brian for posting the daily case counts....greatly appreciated.

Danno

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:38 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I agree, I am so tired of seeing the daily numbers, I now just skip over those posts.

I am heading down Jan 10th for two weeks and don't care what the daily numbers are!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:45 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I went to Aruba the end of July/first of August and had a great time. I confess I do not read Bryan's number counts. They mean nothing to me. Kudos to him for going to the trouble.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:52 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Thanks everyone for the (various levels of) support :lol:

Although it's hard to believe, not everyone is on Facebook :shock: so I'm more than happy to keep posting the numbers. I had of course hoped that this would be a temporary thing, and I could stop once the numbers got down to almost nothing. So...maybe 2022?

I know some of you don't care about the numbers, or read them elsewhere, and obviously that's fine too. My feelings are (relatively) unhurt...

:D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:51 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

bryanzs wrote:
Thanks everyone for the (various levels of) support :lol:

Although it's hard to believe, not everyone is on Facebook :shock: so I'm more than happy to keep posting the numbers. I had of course hoped that this would be a temporary thing, and I could stop once the numbers got down to almost nothing. So...maybe 2022?

I know some of you don't care about the numbers, or read them elsewhere, and obviously that's fine too. My feelings are (relatively) unhurt...

:D

That's the Right attitude to take. I have no problems with your posting the latest info on Covid Cases every day they say Knowledge is Power and you supply knowledge. I like to go to Aruba in the early to Mid Summer and even thou that is still Months away Keeping up with the data helps me see if the numbers are increasing or Decreasing and that will be what will make my decision on weather I decide to go to Aruba or not and if the Aruba Gov't imposes tighter restrictions or relaxes them. 8).

Hawklords

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:58 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I was in Aruba in November and am booked now for Feb. 26 for 4 weeks.

Sometimes I look at the daily numbers and sometimes I am busy with work and don't have time (or I see them on Facebook). But I am interested since I have an upcoming trip and went through a few flight and date changes on the last trip because of the ever-changing environment.

My thanks to everyone who posts any Aruba information.

South Beach: Jan. 2020
New Orleans: Feb. 2020
Playa del Carmen: March 2020
San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020
40th trip to Aruba: Oct & Nov. 2020
41st trip to Aruba: Feb & March 2021

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:40 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

ArubaAmy wrote:

My thanks to everyone who posts any Aruba information.

ditto

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:06 pm 
Prolific

Thank you for posting the numbers. I think it is a service to those who want to read about Aruba on this one site. Also, it is helpful for those who want to make an educated decision as to whether to travel or not. Please don't stop posting.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:02 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Since last February I have followed Covid-19 numbers all over the world and began to track Canada's numbers starting in March. When Aruba's borders reopened, I began to follow Aruba #'s as well because since June I've had a ticket purchased for arrival January 6.

I have found Bryanzs information valuable, one of many variables that I have weighed in my decision of whether to travel to Aruba at this time.

Although my suitcases were actually packed and ready to go, on Monday I took the decision to cancel the trip.

I've shed so many tears in the 48 hours since then, but I remain confident that for me this is the right choice.

I'm sure many people are weighing their go/ no go plans for 2021 (especially those who would travel in the early weeks/months of 2021) and find the updates useful.

As others have said, there is no such thing (for me) as "useless information about Aruba".